New Listing - Glen Willow Plan 4 SFR in West Irvine (52 Appleglen)

Ready2Downsize said:
Surprised to see the kitchen cabinet color.

Did they put in new kitchen cabinets with the remodel?

Is honey maple coming back in style?

Don't misunderstand me. I think the kitchen looks nice, just surprised by the color cabinets.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is an Ikea kitchen or at least it looks like it, so does one of the bathroom sinks.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Don't misunderstand me. I think the kitchen looks nice, just surprised by the color cabinets.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is an Ikea kitchen or at least it looks like it, so does one of the bathroom sinks.

Lots of Ikea everywhere in that house.

If only Ikea has thinner 'Shaker' style cabs, even the new kitchen Sektion continues the thicker slats.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Well it could be. I just looked at the pictures really quickly and was immediately surprised to see Honey Maple in a kitchen recently remodeled. I haven't been in an Ikea, so wouldn't have guessed they were bought from there.

So since I don't know the quality of Ikea, I can't comment on those but I know for a fact that builders use a thin layer over particle board on their kitchen cabinets and what you might think is high quality isn't as much as you think.

bones said:
lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Tough crowd, I'm planning on remodeling my kitchen so I might consult with you guys when it's time.  haha

Houzz should be your best friend  :D
My problem is this....I have too many things to pick from so I end up not picking anything because of the fear of not picking the right thing.  :p

If you post it here, the help will come.

See, the ladies here on TI already offer their design tips.  Maybe you should start a thread call "Trojan's Home Mod Journal" and let the experts on TI to help you out.

If not the ladies, then def all the USCT fan boys :)
Well, I do drive a "guy's guy" car after all.  haha

Looks like this home reaches the "HOT" status pretty quick just like USCT's previous listing.

I had a feeling this one's going to sell fast.

Buyer's loan has funded and we are set to close today.  Closing price will be $850,000 (2nd highest model match closed comp in the tract).  Congrats to both the buyer and seller. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Buyer's loan has funded and we are set to close today.  Closing price will be $850,000 (2nd highest model match closed comp in the tract).  Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

Congrat to you, your sellers and buyer. Its a win all around. That is a skill set that set you apart from other REALTARD and its hard to find.

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Congrat to you, your sellers and buyer. Its a win all around. That is a skill set that set you apart from other REALTARD and its hard to find.

Thanks for the kind words.  To be honest, the initial price of $888k was high because the sellers kind of didn't want to sell the home.  But as I showed them larger homes that they could buy, they got motivated to decrease the list price to $850k (their bottom line).  The buyer came in below $850k but I was able to negotiate them up to $850k along with a 2 month rent back and both sides felt good about the transaction and terms.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Paris said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Tough crowd, I'm planning on remodeling my kitchen so I might consult with you guys when it's time.  haha

Houzz should be your best friend  :D
My problem is this....I have too many things to pick from so I end up not picking anything because of the fear of not picking the right thing.  :p

We just went through a remodel, start a thread when you start! Second the Houzz, pinterest for design basically.

I will say, if you don't change much layout (we just knocked down load bearing wall then put island there) and where the plumbing/appliances are, it's pretty easy to just tell you contractor the look you want. Then there's also little things like bullnose (edge on your countertop), faucet, size of appliances, type of sink.

I hear you on decisions. Honestly had we had more time (vs just doing it after buying house) I would've over researched and stressed more. We just gave some inspiration pics, picked out a few things and boom. PM me if you want a link to my Yelp review with pics for the remodel. Good luck!

Back