New homes in Lake Forest

Hey guys... almost forgot but I just wanted to confirm that I did indeed purchase at Summit Crest.

Okay.

Just kidding.

Sorry I had to April Fool's over here but I needed to lend some credibility to my prank over at another site and some of the members cross over and it would be suspicious if I posted there and not here.

Although we really like the floorplans, it came down to us really wanting to live in Irvine and not being too sure about how the tract was laid out. We've learned from our previous purchases that if you have any doubts, the best move would be to not make one.

For any of you who are thinking about buying at Summit, good luck... they are really nice homes and the prices compared to not just Irvine but other South County area homes is really good.

And thanks to those of you who congratulated me even though it wasn't real... it still means a lot that we support each other on our decisions (I'm just surprised no one tried to talk me out of it... but that may because of the April Fool's suspicion).

irvinehomeowner said:
Hey guys... almost forgot but I just wanted to confirm that I did indeed purchase at Summit Crest.

Okay.

Just kidding.

Sorry I had to April Fool's over here but I needed to lend some credibility to my prank over at another site and some of the members cross over and it would be suspicious if I posted there and not here.

Although we really like the floorplans, it came down to us really wanting to live in Irvine and not being too sure about how the tract was laid out. We've learned from our previous purchases that if you have any doubts, the best move would be to not make one.

For any of you who are thinking about buying at Summit, good luck... they are really nice homes and the prices compared to not just Irvine but other South County area homes is really good.

And thanks to those of you who congratulated me even though it wasn't real... it still means a lot that we support each other on our decisions (I'm just surprised no one tried to talk me out of it... but that may because of the April Fool's suspicion).

You almost made me want to cancel our purchase in WB and buy next to you to get the instant value increase from the IHO view.

I can confirm new2irvine's story... they are selling any lot.

Looks like they've sold over 1/3 of their homes... so they are doing okay.

Oh... and I believe they include front yard landscaping (barely any) and I wasn't sure if they also said maintenance of it (as part of the $214 HOA).

very funny IHO, I totally fell for it... hey, I was caught off guard seeing as I don't have my April Fools armor on!  Nice pics, might check out the place, seeing as the kid is bored of ALL the local models... we use the models BTW as a indoor playground when it's hot outside... we also use the appliances to feed and wash the kid... hey, it comes in real handy, to warm up some food in the microwave, heat up a bottle on the stove & sink to clean up...! ;-)

roundcorners said:
very funny IHO, I totally fell for it... hey, I was caught off guard seeing as I don't have my April Fools armor on!
At least you're back... were you on a space shuttle mission or something?
Nice pics, might check out the place, seeing as the kid is bored of ALL the local models...
They are really nice on the inside and have great outside appeal... just the tract and the closeness between homes is the downer. I took a picture of the geostone walls and I'll post it some time tonight.
... we use the models BTW as a indoor playground when it's hot outside... we also use the appliances to feed and wash the kid... hey, it comes in real handy, to warm up some food in the microwave, heat up a bottle on the stove & sink to clean up...! ;-)
Too funny. Just don't use their bathrooms for well... you know.

You need to keep us updated on the new construction around WB/WEB.

irvinehomeowner said:
roundcorners said:
very funny IHO, I totally fell for it... hey, I was caught off guard seeing as I don't have my April Fools armor on!
At least you're back... were you on a space shuttle mission or something?
Haha, not that complicated but I believe in people so I generally take their words for it.

has anyone heard more about the HOA breakdown? These homes are nice but $214 a month seems ridiculous considering it has almost none of the amenities you would expect (pool/gym/larger common area/gate) at that price

When I asked, I was told much of the expense was the maintenance for the geostone retaining wall. And because there are only 29 units... instead of thousands like Woodbury... the cost per home is much higher for less.

I don't know about move in's but this weekend El Toro road had many signs and directionals for the project. Perhaps they are about to have a few standing inventory units?

their website says 40% sold in one news post and "almost half" in another, so probably between 40-50% sold out.    And then a screeching halt.

If the garages were 3-car wide (or maybe even tandem)... we would have been very close to biting that bullet.

But there is still the issues of how the tract is laid out, the distance from Irvine and the relatively high HOA for almost no amenities.

If you were to put a project like that in Woodbridge or some older Irvine neighborhood... we would pay $100k more.

Liked plan 2 and 3, hated how tiny the lots were (some were much larger than others though) and the HOAs! $214 a month for a bad tot lot?

Hopefully things work out though, the sales staff were nice people

Back