New home, how to confirm what type is the property type?

This stonegate listing shows property type "condominium", but it looks like a single family home.

How can one be sure that what property type the new home is? Is there a website or disclosure form in the contract that should specify the property type.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/66-Rossmore-92620/home/112309926?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instant_listings_update&utm_content=refresh_with_promo&riftinfo=ZXY9ZW1haWwmbD05OTgyNzgwJnA9bGlzdGluZ191cGRhdGVzX2luc3RhbnRfMTUmdHM9MTQ4ODg5MzE3NTI2NyZhPWNsaWNrJnM9ZmF2b3JpdGVzJnQ9aW1hZ2UmZW1haWxfaWQ9OTk4Mjc4MF8xNDg4ODkzMTcyXzImcmVmcmVzaF92YXJpYW50PXJlZnJlc2hfd2l0aF9wcm9tbyZ1cGRhdGVfdHlwZT0xJmxpc3RpbmdfaWQ9NjQ0NDEwOTImcG9zaXRpb25fbnVtYmVyPTA=

woodburyowner said:
Sunnyirvine said:
Hmm, on Redfin it is listed as Condominium.

Looks like a typo from the Agent...  Pretty big typo.

Jessica is prominent agent in this area in terms of advertising and yet can make glaring mistakes like this.  This is prime example of a waste of an agent.  Description in all caps sucks.  Pics suck.  Listing data wrong. 

Lol, rkp, you sound very angry, like trump during his campaign.  Do you have any vested interest in the property if it sells?

It looks like it just went on market, let's see how long it takes before they correct it.

Please clarify on my question, How can one be sure that what property type the new home is? Is there a website or disclosure form in the contract that should specify the property type.

AW said:
Lol, rkp, you sound very angry, like trump during his campaign.  Do you have any vested interest in the property if it sells?

It looks like it just went on market, let's see how long it takes before they correct it.

Not vested.  There was other thread to sell FSBO or not and I was continuing my points from that thread.  I meet a lot of agents and I think less than 10% of active agents really have a passion and understanding of their trade.  That is pretty much true for many industries so its not just RE but the commissions in RE are absurd for the amount of work done.

Sunnyirvine said:
Please clarify on my question, How can one be sure that what property type the new home is? Is there a website or disclosure form in the contract that should specify the property type.

Sunnyirvine, I gave you the link to the official parcel map and zoning from the city.  How much more official do you need?  It is clear that this is a SFR.  Medium density residential == SFR. 

Further, during the actual purchase, you will get all sorts of disclosures that specify everything including property, lot, HOA etc. 

Are you worried that you can buy something and it not be correct?  That is pretty much impossible with the amount of papers you will sign and escrow and your lender being involved. 

Thank You!!

Yes, if listing agent or sales agent (in case of new home) messed up, how buyer can be sure.

All this is good information, thanks again!!

woodburyowner said:
Sunnyirvine said:

Redfin is interesting. When we were selling our home Redfin had some errors, but my agent (not Redfin agent btw) told me that they cannot control what Redfin puts on their website. With Zillow they can go in and correct things, not Redfin. It was a bit frustrating as it would list incorrect dates/times for open houses for example and we could not get it changed. Anyone else have such experiences? It may not be the agent's fault.

rkp said:
AW said:

Not vested.  There was other thread to sell FSBO or not and I was continuing my points from that thread.  I meet a lot of agents and I think less than 10% of active agents really have a passion and understanding of their trade.  That is pretty much true for many industries so its not just RE but the commissions in RE are absurd for the amount of work done.
after reading the other one, now the tone makes sense, reading the post by itself sounded like you either had a grudge against the agent or dislike the seller (or since they bought the house not as primary residence, etc)

BruinDoc said:
woodburyowner said:
Sunnyirvine said:

Redfin is interesting. When we were selling our home Redfin had some errors, but my agent (not Redfin agent btw) told me that they cannot control what Redfin puts on their website. With Zillow they can go in and correct things, not Redfin. It was a bit frustrating as it would list incorrect dates/times for open houses for example and we could not get it changed. Anyone else have such experiences? It may not be the agent's fault.

There's usually some time lag when posting in MLS to these other sites, I'm not sure if all the info gets pulled and updated accordingly.  But this particular entry was done incorrectly, it shows condo in MLS

rkp said:
AW said:

The main problems are the lack of required education and ultra low barrier to entry.  Change the requirements similar to how it's like to get a CPA license and you'll have a lot less realtards in the system.  I read or heard that something like 1 in 10 people in CA have a real estate license.  You'd think that regulators would want to have a better vetting process to get a real estate license, but alas the NAR/CAR are very powerful lobbying groups that only car about one thing...collecting reatlor dues. 

BruinDoc said:
woodburyowner said:
Sunnyirvine said:

Although the data is not 100% accurate on Redfin, it's about 98-99% accurate in my opinion.  I never had an issue with open house days and times.  Only real recurring issue is that Redfin doesn't always pick up the previous sales correction (like if the property was an REO or flip). 

Maybe I watch too much HGTV, but why do these builders still allow for these crappy base (I assume) options in a 1mill+ house?! To keep the price "low". Ugh carpet, ugh square tile all over, ugh most depressing shower stall ever, and that looks like formica-ish counters in the laundry room?

jumpinjacks said:
Maybe I watch too much HGTV, but why do these builders still allow for these crappy base (I assume) options in a 1mill+ house?! To keep the price "low". Ugh carpet, ugh square tile all over, ugh most depressing shower stall ever, and that looks like formica-ish counters in the laundry room?

General answer to your question is YES unfortunately.

Carpets used to come standard in the bathrooms in the old days.
I find that horrid.

I understand if you need to rip it out and make it easy for upgrading. Unfortunately not everyone did that.

Its not just the finished items.  Outlets, hose bibs, and many other things you would never consider "upgrades" are now a line item that you have to select.  The interesting thing is when you buy a resale, you will never know if they spent that extra $5K in insulation or not. 

Back