new consturction flooring upgrade

aquabliss said:
That's like throwing good money after bad... Those tiles are probably 12" of ugly that you don't want in your entire downstairs.

agreed Aqua but for someone that doesn't have the budget to upgrade flooring at least aesthetically for a great room keeping it consistent with tile looks better than breaking up the space with cheap carpet and tile.

I bet the difference in price is less than he/she might imagine.  You're going to be paying a contractor for the tile install anyhow, might as well pay a dollar or two more per sq. ft to upgrade to a nice plank tile.  Of course there's an additional cost of wet area demo but overall might only be $2k-$3k more than doing the standard tile match.

It should be thought of as an investment.  You don't want to take your new Range Rover to a rim shop in Santa Ana and buy 14" chrome wheels for it.

Of course not but I will let the Santa Ana guys build my $m home.

aquabliss said:
I bet the difference in price is less than he/she might imagine.  You're going to be paying a contractor for the tile install anyhow, might as well pay a dollar or two more per sq. ft to upgrade to a nice plank tile.  Of course there's an additional cost of wet area demo but overall might only be $2k-$3k more than doing the standard tile match.

It should be thought of as an investment.  You don't want to take your new Range Rover to a rim shop in Santa Ana and buy 14" chrome wheels for it.

Back