New Car

Kings said:
id_rather_be_racing said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already, but good lease deals can be had on leasehackr.  For example, you could have leased a dodge charger hellcat for 500/mo. or a fiat 500 EV for practically free. 

There's also a great calculator there where you can input the MF, purchase price, residual, etc. to determine if you're getting a good lease deal.

I did the fiat 500 thing in 2015 and am glad i did!  Car has saved me money, and is like having a golf cart you can take on the freeway. Kept the miles off my WRX. Sadly will be returning it in a few months.

Only thing that can kill you on the Fiat EV is insurance. Even though you get it for 0 down under 100 per month, the msrp is 32something, and apparently the car gets totaled with any minor hit, so high insurance with many providers.

Good to hear someone on here took advantage of that deal!  I missed out since I was in the middle of my Nissan Leaf EV lease, but I ended up going with a Chevy Spark EV for 68/mo NET after rebates 0 down including no first month payment.  Love the instant 320 ft/lb of torque in a tiny city car. 

My insurance on the Spark is the highest even though my other cars are worth more.  Must be an EV premium.

curious what monthly premium are you guys each paying for the fiat and spark?

125 per month with AAA for me.

Kings said:
inv0ke-epipen said:
not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already, but good lease deals can be had on leasehackr.  For example, you could have leased a dodge charger hellcat for 500/mo. or a fiat 500 EV for practically free. 

There's also a great calculator there where you can input the MF, purchase price, residual, etc. to determine if you're getting a good lease deal.

I did the fiat 500 thing in 2015 and am glad i did!  Car has saved me money, and is like having a golf cart you can take on the freeway. Kept the miles off my WRX. Sadly will be returning it in a few months.

Only thing that can kill you on the Fiat EV is insurance. Even though you get it for 0 down under 100 per month, the msrp is 32something, and apparently the car gets totaled with any minor hit, so high insurance with many providers.

Good to hear someone on here took advantage of that deal!  I missed out since I was in the middle of my Nissan Leaf EV lease, but I ended up going with a Chevy Spark EV for 68/mo NET after rebates 0 down including no first month payment.  Love the instant 320 ft/lb of torque in a tiny city car. 

My insurance on the Spark is the highest even though my other cars are worth more.  Must be an EV premium.

curious what monthly premium are you guys each paying for the fiat and spark?

Spark EV im paying around 80/mo.  I'm only paying 30 bucks more per month for my model 3, which was great to learn.  I use State Farm for both EVs.

Back