Neighbor's massive backyard structure

If the HOA approves this Casita, then demand the HOA to permit you to install tall grape trellis for privacy.

dd4a59e1f0cdae652deeb80d2efedee9.jpg

p.s.  Passion fruit also grows really well and have big flowers.

Trellis?  Looks like gallows to me.  Hang a few mannequins from it and make your neighbors really happy.

momopi said:
If the HOA approves this Casita, then demand the HOA to permit you to install tall grape trellis for privacy.

dd4a59e1f0cdae652deeb80d2efedee9.jpg

p.s.  Passion fruit also grows really well and have big flowers.

Hey dreamer it's been a couple weeks.  Did they stucco the whole side of that thing?  Just curious.

Wall is being closed over to create a room.  Fortunately, we were able to speak with the landscaper, and they assured us there will be a very large green screen.  I wish the hoa would have been more transparent with us, but as i understand, it is not on a neighbor need to know basis. 

thx for support guys, had to d/w TI'ers as hoa was not very communicative.  Considering putting a small potted plant in the front to get their attention...

So these are 6k-7k sqft homes and the neighbor is adding what looks like another 1000 sqft to it? 

What would make sense for the back of the house for that space?  bowling alley?

This is a non-issue. It's only a single-story expansion. If they were expanding the second floor in a way that would allow them more visibility into your backyard (or adding a deck on top of the expansion), THAT would be an actual problem. Consider yourself lucky.

Plus, it isn't like you can't add a screen of trees in your own yard! You have a pretty large yard yourself, and privacy trees should be a given in any landscaping job--with or without your neighbor's expansion.

Back