Need advices from Saratoga buyers!

Sam78 said:
Hello my friend,

We recently bought at Saratoga II. We compared Bakers Rank Park View, Portola Springs Colibri and Stonegate Saratoga.

You can see my whole thread when I asked for advice from the TI friends here:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11449.0.html

Pros and Cons of Saratoga II:
Pros: Walk to SG Elem, Conservatory room, courtyard entrance, Saratoga II close to JOST and Jeffrey (better than Saratoga 1)
Cons: Way overpriced (for that matter, all of Irvine is over priced), Motor home, No drive way, Lot is only 3000 sq ft (better than 2800 sq ft in Saratoga I).

In the end the wife won for the sake of kids and school.

Btw, we did have a surprise when we went to Stonegate Elem School for registration. They said all openings for KG are filled and that we will be allotted to Portola Springs school for a year. My wife got really furious and discussed at length with the SG Principal. He was nice man, he heard us patiently and explained that he will do his best. Next week, when we went to drop off the medical records, we met him and he said my daughter has been allotted a seat. Relief!

Hey Sam,
Do you split 50/50 of the broker co op commission with your realtor? The sales rep told me the commission is 12K, right?  Do you have to pay any additional broker fees to your realtor when you bought this brand new home? If so, what  is the% that you have to pay?

Thanks!

Since Sam's kid got into SG while other parents have to participate in a lottery, I wonder if he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Mandy said:
Sam78 said:
furioussugar said:
eyephone said:
You have to get really "furious."  ;)

Ya-  get furious!  ;)

:p :p

Oh PM me the secret plz? Another anxious mom here. I wanted to sue IP for their false advertisement on "walk to award-winning sg elem.." when I heard the word lottery!!

There is no secret. Sam told us the story.
How is it false advertisement? It's not the builders fault for the school getting over crowded.

Back