Need advice on portola springs

pricedoutJay said:
My ignorance but can someone tell me why builders are building these homes with attached garages?  Is this to find loop holes in building code for their benefit or ways to maximize the land size before they came up with motor court???

Yep, this way the home will be classified as condo so it doesn't need to complied with true SFR setback requirement and maximize the land usage.

renter1 said:
21 is detached and this is next to ladders ranch

Ladders ranch = lambert ranch?  if so, then sure, this is "next" to it, just like the rest of Portola Springs is.  Sounds like you're unfamiliar with PS and the differences between the various enclaves.  I would drive around and try to get a better feel.  If you insist on being in Portola Springs, in that price & SF range, I would see if you can get into a Las Ventanas.  Those are in the low $900s and true SFR. 

renter1 said:
21 had 2 offers above asking both did not go through

Other one overpriced

Other one is overpriced?

21 is $850k and the other one, 27 Tree Clover, is $839,900 and it's lowered from $849,000.

bones said:
Aren't these the los arboles?  They're the most expensive homes (or one of) in what I consider the crappiest "enclave" in PS.  These homes haven't done well appreciation wise over the years IIRC.

Side question, but related to Portola Springs.

Should one avoid the new Cressa SF homes in the upcoming PS III as these would likely be the most expensive (the other four new tracts are condos)?

ChasingRainbows said:
bones said:
Aren't these the los arboles?  They're the most expensive homes (or one of) in what I consider the crappiest "enclave" in PS.  These homes haven't done well appreciation wise over the years IIRC.

Should one avoid the new Cressa SF homes in the upcoming PS III as these would likely be the most expensive (the other four new tracts are condos)?

TI Rule #4:  Never buy the most expensive home in a neighborhood.

WTTCHMN said:
ChasingRainbows said:
bones said:

TI Rule #4:  Never buy the most expensive home in a neighborhood.
where would cressa be in relation to that last gated future community in PS, wouldn't cressa be the equivalent of strada then

Haven't really been following the newest PS dev. Is the whole enclave just 5 tracts or is that just phase 1 of the new enclave? 

Damn archives.  It was a while back when TLONL mentioned the future neighborhoods, I thought he said the very last one would be gated, great views, low density. But I may have confused with OH part 3

AW said:
Damn archives.  It was a while back when TLONL mentioned the future neighborhoods, I thought he said the very last one would be gated, great views, low density. But I may have confused with OH part 3
I think TLONL said the last PS enclave would be gated but who knows how long it will be before we see that.  PS began in 2006.  From that time there were many new home communities like Northpark Square, Turtle Ridge, Quail Hill, Northwood II, Woodbury, Villages of Columbus, Woodbury East, Laguna Altura, Lambert Ranch, Stonegate, Stonegate East, Pavilion Park, Cypress Village, etc. that have finished or are nearing completion yet PS still lingers on and on.  I hope we see the last PS enclave before the Sun goes supernova.

Lambert Ranch and Pavilion Park are surrounded by Portola Springs but have appreciated far more than PS.  When those areas first opened, the price was about the same (LR) or lower (PP) than PS but they are now considerably more expensive than PS.  You can draw your own conclusions.

Happiness said:
Lambert Ranch and Pavilion Park are surrounded by Portola Springs but have appreciated far more than PS.  When those areas first opened, the price was about the same (LR) or lower (PP) than PS but they are now considerably more expensive than PS.  You can draw your own conclusions.

Yup. Of the neighborhoods in this area, PS is slowest to recover from dips and also the slowest to capitalize on the run ups.  Put my money in PS once, probably won't again. Although the gated enclave with views may be tempting. But I'll prob be at retirement age by the time that happens.

AW said:

If there will be a gated PS, it might be the neighborhood 5.  The lot looks bigger, lower density and it's farther away from the toll road.

2dhe3x1.jpg

Attachments

• Portola Spring future development Map 2014.png
    Portola Spring future development Map 2014.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 410
eyephone said:
moonchild508 said:
I like that development in PS. Those homes have a nice design. They are only attached at the garage. The neighborhood has a relaxed feel. It's located adjacent to open space so it doesn't feel claustrophobic like a lot of North Irvine neighborhoods with similarly priced homes. The decent sized yard is definitely another plus.

Let me guess you live there.

No, I don't live there.  I just think homes in that particular tract has a much better curb appeal than most of the motorcourt homes being built in Irvine these days - simply speaking from an aesthetic standpoint.

Back