Need advice on portola springs

renter1

Hi I am thinking of buying 21 or 27 treeclover in portola springs can j get you experts to tell me whAt u think these are worth and if you would but them in the current market? I like pavillion park but it's too expensive.

renter1 said:
Hi I am thinking of buying 21 or 27 treeclover in portola springs can j get you experts to tell me whAt u think these are worth and if you would but them in the current market? I like pavillion park but it's too expensive.

Experts?

One of the property has been on the market for 73 days. The other property has been on the market for 36 days.

Can someone tell me what they think these are worthy? They have driveways and decent backyards and close to new gradeschool

renter1 said:
Can someone tell me what they think these are worthy? They have driveways and decent backyards and close to new gradeschool

To me it's not that close to the school.

I like that development in PS. Those homes have a nice design. They are only attached at the garage. The neighborhood has a relaxed feel. It's located adjacent to open space so it doesn't feel claustrophobic like a lot of North Irvine neighborhoods with similarly priced homes. The decent sized yard is definitely another plus.

moonchild508 said:
I like that development in PS. Those homes have a nice design. They are only attached at the garage. The neighborhood has a relaxed feel. It's located adjacent to open space so it doesn't feel claustrophobic like a lot of North Irvine neighborhoods with similarly priced homes. The decent sized yard is definitely another plus.

Let me guess you live there.

How about this....semi low ball both at the same time and see which seller is more motivated (if you like both equally).  Buyers can make multiple offers at the same time.  There's a little blood in the water (aka listings have lingered on the market for over 30 days) so be a shark.  Good luck.

Mayhap the owners of these 2 fine properties will be notified of this thread and read the strategies within.

They look almost identical but I think I like 27 better. It's hard to judge without seeing the properties in person.

The real question is which one do YOU like better? Which has more upgrades, which one has a better backyard design? Which one looks better taken care of.

Hard to believe that 2 offers above list didn't go through.

I saw one of these years ago and they are nice, just wasn't big enough for our family.

My ignorance but can someone tell me why builders are building these homes with attached garages?  Is this to find loop holes in building code for their benefit or ways to maximize the land size before they came up with motor court???

USCTrojanCPA said:
How about this....semi low ball both at the same time and see which seller is more motivated (if you like both equally).  Buyers can make multiple offers at the same time.  There's a little blood in the water (aka listings have lingered on the market for over 30 days) so be a shark.  Good luck.

How do you ethically withdraw one of the offers if both are accepted?

Perspective said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I recall when we sold our previous place, there's a clause in the standard offer contract that allows the buyer to back out for any reason whatsoever within the first few days of the contract. We had the same thing happened on one of the buyer, backed out 3 days after we accepted the offer. As a seller, you just move on to the next.

It's not personal; it's business.

Perspective said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I believe on the offer there is a box to check to indicate you are making offers on multiple homes.

Or is that on the response to buyers that there are multiple offers on your counter?

I don't remember anymore.

renter1 said:
While it is nice to have a driveway, these homes are probably overpriced which is why they are lingering on the market and the homes are attached when you can get a detached home for the same price.  Detached homes historically hold their value better than attached homes.  If you have to live in NE Irvine, PP and SG have a better price appreciation history.  If you have to live in PS, at least buy in the area north of Portola Parkway where the better PS neighborhoods and LR are located.

renter1 said:
21 had 2 offers above asking both did not go through

Other one overpriced
This could be a red flag for appraisal problems.  Of course, if you're paying cash, this will not be a problem for you.

Happiness said:
While it is nice to have a driveway, these homes are probably overpriced which is why they are lingering on the market and the homes are attached when you can get a detached home for the same price.  Detached homes historically hold their value better than attached homes.
That's a hard one.

These particular models are only attached at the garage (and I think just at the corners). I don't remember if these are zero lot line in a way where the side of your house is part of their backyard or courtyard.

But, I think I would rather have a driveway for that small amount of attachment than a fully detached with no driveway on a motorcourt.

That's the other thing about these homes, they are on proper streets with a sidewalk and even a berm between the sidewalk and the street.

#seperation

Aren't these the los arboles?  They're the most expensive homes (or one of) in what I consider the crappiest "enclave" in PS.  These homes haven't done well appreciation wise over the years IIRC.

I think the consensus on this board is to buy at pavilion park instead of these homes.  The "savings" by buying these homes is not worth it.  As bones alluded to, these homes are in the "attached" enclave of PS which has no SFRs and a huge apartment complex.  A basic rule of real estate is don't buy the most expensive house in any neighborhood.

Back