Need a new golf driver

rickr

Do any of you play golf?

I am in the market for a new driver. I currently use an old TM R7 and need an upgrade.

I have narrowed it down to the TM R11 and the Callaway RAZR. I tested both and leaning towards the RAZR. Anyone have any experience with these clubs?

Golfsmith has a pretty decent trade in offer right now. They will buy your current driver plus add $50 on top. That puts me at about 310-320 for the new club. Not bad.

Wish I have time for golf.. do you play around Irvine?  Are there any quick executive courses around? 

Golf is what keeps me sane. Need the time away from the wifey and kids.

In terms of a P&P course near irvine there is the Lake forest which is a decent 9 hole executive course. Only problem is you hit of mats. There is also Newport Beach golf course which is a 9 hole P&P.

I play  at Miles Square and Costa Mesa municipal a lot. Both are very close to my job in Santa Ana and are decent prices. You will be hard pressed to find a better course in OC for the price than Miles Square.

I don't really like playing in the Irvine courses that much.

Here is where I have played and what I thought of them.

Tustin Ranch - Nice, beautiful, expensive
Santa Ana Riverview - Cheap, beat up course, play next to river bed, hated it
Coyote Hills - Really nice, one of my favorites, a bit pricey
Fullerton Municipal - Ok, good prices, would rather play Miles Square
San Juan Hills - pretty nice, bit pricey

I've got one of Lefty's FT-5 (draw) drivers on a Fubuki shaft, set at 8.5 loft.
Unfortunately it is very, very underutilized.  Would love to have an excuse to get out and play.

On the occasions that I do get out, I still manage to find the rough more times than not, but an artist never blames his tools... :p

Am interested to hear your feedback on the RAZR.

-IR2

Back