NBA 2017-18

So what does everyone think of the post trade NBA?

Cavs are once again being seen as the best in the East, Boston's momentum is slowing down... Toronto looks to be the new hawtness.

In the West, GSW is still the beast... but Houston is looking pretty good.

Lakers? Is IT2 awesome or what? Weird to see Nance Jr. and Clarkson with LBJ.

Clips traded all their juice but still look like they could make playoffs.

East contenders are:  1) Cavs, 2) Raptors, 3) Celtics
West contenders are : 1) Warriors, 2) Rockets, 3) Thunder

the post-trade Lakers will be a lost season full of chemistry issues as long as IT plays big minutes.  I just want to see Lonzo play again and see BI continue to improve. 

The offseason will be interesting.

So I guess Cuban knew about his domestic violence employee?

So should he be Sterling'ed and be forced to sell the Mavs?

Interesting that he was I think the only owners to speak against what happened to Sterling because he said everyone has skeletons.

irvinehomeowner said:

Interesting that he was I think the only owners to speak against what happened to Sterling because he said everyone has skeletons.

It looks like Cuban did take actions to ensure that the employee shaped up, but in hindsight regrets not terminating him immediately.  This seems different than Sterling who was acting as an unremorseful racist SOB. 

Also, you could say the Lakers employed a rapist in Kobe.  Couldn't you make every team owner sell over the actions of players/employees if that was the standard?

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

It looks like Cuban did take actions to ensure that the employee shaped up, but in hindsight regrets not terminating him immediately.  This seems different than Sterling who was acting as an unremorseful racist SOB. 

Also, you could say the Lakers employed a rapist in Kobe.  Couldn't you make every team owner sell over the actions of players/employees if that was the standard?

Good point . Same goes for rothlisberger and the Steelers

Cuban is as far removed from sterling as you can imagine

I also like that the guy is willing to say what most others think in their minds all the time but don?t . He is also willing to publicly admit to his mistakes and change his mind as needed .  It is much tougher for him as he has a lot to lose , especially for someone in his position .

@LL:

Sure, but this is the new age where #MeToo is putting everyone on notice.

Sterling set a precedence... and may I remind everyone that he made those comments in what he thought was a private conversation.

What if we were all persecuted for what we said in private? BTB would get raked.

Kobe's case was dropped and the civil case was settled (although I felt he was guilty)... Cuban's employee was found guilty.

I don't think Cuban should have to sell either, but because of everything that's going on, there are some people arguing that he should have to... especially now that he knew.

I don?t think he will be forced to sell. He?ll get fined by the league. His image will take a hit and maybe he won?t be able to do shark tank anymore or at least, less of it.  It may also affect any future political aspirations.

I'm really excited for the playoffs this year.

There could be some upsets.

I still think LBJ will get to the East finals... and probably the Finals... but with Curry injured, not sure how Golden State will fare, esp with the Rockets 3 point barrage offense.

Poor Lakers... I guess they just have to trust the process... like Philly... the only problem is unlike Philly, they are still in the West.

So what happened to Lavar's predictions, how many games did Lonzo play? And he's not even in the conversation for ROY... maybe the Lakers should have drafted Donovan Mitchell instead. :)

P.S. Ben Simmons is great, but no 3pt shot (or midrange jumper) and very poor FT% doesn't make him an end of game threat... he will probably get ROY but I really think Donovan deserves it considering how successful he made Utah in the West.

Looks like Cavs might make it 8 years in a row.

The Cs are good considering no Hayward and no Kyrie... but they don't have LBJ either.

Remember how all you guys were telling me LBJ wasn't that good... how ya like me now?

Warriors/Rockets is going to be a great series... I hope Houston wins just because Golden State cheated by signing Durant.

One good thing about no Lakers in the post season... no Lavar Ball chatter... in fact... what happened to Lonzo as ROY? I think Donovan should get it over Simmons but I think Simmons is going to get more of the votes.

irvinehomeowner said:
Looks like Cavs might make it 8 years in a row.

The Cs are good considering no Hayward and no Kyrie... but they don't have LBJ either.

Remember how all you guys were telling me LBJ wasn't that good... how ya like me now?

Warriors/Rockets is going to be a great series... I hope Houston wins just because Golden State cheated by signing Durant.

One good thing about no Lakers in the post season... no Lavar Ball chatter... in fact... what happened to Lonzo as ROY? I think Donovan should get it over Simmons but I think Simmons is going to get more of the votes.

CP3 was on another level in that closeout game.  GS has so many characters that are easy to hate: draymond ball buster, splash bros playing chuck ball, next chapter kd, etc.  i'd love to see the rockets put down the warriors in 5.

won't matter though because bron is operating at another level and as long as the rest of the team can put up 60 to go with bron's 40+ every game the cavs will win.

Celtics didn?t want it bad enough.  Too many 3 pointers in the 4th, rarely drove to the basket, nobody underneath to get the rebounds. 

I?m not a LeBron fan but that shot he made when Tatum (or maybe Smart) pulled on his shoulders from behind was incredible, and he had good sportsmanship in the end speaking with all the Celtics players.

I?m pretty sure the Celtics wanted it just as bad. This is like the statement people make ?he works harder than anyone else?. You hear a bunch of ex pros say that?s a BS statement, they all work extremely hard.

The Celtics are extremely young and just didn?t know how to close it out which led to way to many threes. Next year the Celtics are going to be loaded with Irving and Hayward coming back. They will probably end Lebrons run of 8 straight finals. It would be interesting if lebron joins philly, then it will be philly vs Boston for the next 2-3 years for the eastern conference final.

My bet is that the Celtics win the title next year.

Back