NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

OUCH!  flashbacks of the Mavs 3pt torching of the Lakers.. maybe worse.. getting torched by a couple of d-leaguers..

Lebron is going to take some heat for this performance. I don't see him getting more than 2-3 titles, don't get me wrong 2-3 titles is great but he is just not that aggressive and at this point he isn't going to change. He doesn't seem to realize when he needs to be aggressive vs when to be a team player

just finished watching the game.  the spurs are going to lose game 7. they had this game, those missed free throws at the end of the game killed them.  this kind of loss is to difficult to overcome. heat win in a blowout on thursday.

Can't believe I was cheering for Ginobili... Feel sorry for Duncan... Nice dude... Wish he made that layup

So funny that people are still hating on Lebron.

"He has to win 3 rings to become one of the greatest"

I guess winning the season MVP, the title and the Finals MVP back-to-back is not so great.

Say LBJ wins a 3rd ring in Miami next year, what would add to his legacy, staying in Miami and winning more titles (but not necessarily with Wade and Bosh) or going somewhere else and winning more titles?

I think if he can win a championship with another team, that would make him more legendary than Kobe and Jordan.

irvinehomeowner said:
Say LBJ wins a 3rd ring in Miami next year, what would add to his legacy, staying in Miami and winning more titles (but not necessarily with Wade and Bosh) or going somewhere else and winning more titles?

I think if he can win a championship with another team, that would make him more legendary than Kobe and Jordan.

kobe doesnt get the same level of respect that Jordan does from the public. the idiotic thing is that he is virtually identical to Jordan in almost every way. so lebron will be considered better than Kobe but never than MJ.  i personally think he is better than MJ even with is lack of killer instinct. if he somehow develops that killer instinct (not likely) then the public may view him as better than Jordan someday.

irvinehomeowner said:

Legends don't do this:

ku-xlarge.gif

So... a highly regarded coach leaves Boston to coach the Clips, CP3 agrees to re-sign on the first day of free agency while the Lakers are putting up banners begging Dwight to stay.

I feel a disturbance in the LA basketball Force.

irvinehomeowner said:
So... a highly regarded coach leaves Boston to coach the Clips, CP3 agrees to re-sign on the first day of free agency while the Lakers are putting up banners begging Dwight to stay.

I feel a disturbance in the LA basketball Force.

the clippers need to go on a three peat before you will feel any disturbance.  i listen to 710 on the way into work and on the way home - the clips get no love, in the morning its understandable since its a national show, but in the afternoon all you hear is laker talk and what is dwight going to do/not do.  they mention the clippers for like a minute and then go back to laker talk.

i dont know why doc is considered such good coach. he did 5 years in orlando of pretty much .500 ball. nine years with the celtics and one 1 title after garnett, pierce and allen were put together.  he coached 3 years in boston before they got their big 3 and two of those years he was under .500.  this year in boston he was .500
http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/riverdo01c.html

Clippers aint gonna do jack crap...either a first or second round exit from the playoffs for years to come.  They are mostly show and no substance...they lack toughness and a true go-to scorer in crunch time.  Lob/dunk city doesn't work in the playoffs as well as it does in the regular reason. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Clippers aint gonna do jack crap...either a first or second round exit from the playoffs for years to come.  They are mostly show and no substance...they lack toughness and a true go-to scorer in crunch time.  Lob/dunk city doesn't work in the playoffs as well as it does in the regular reason. 
And you thought LBJ wasn't going to win a title the last 2 years.

We'll see... I'm not saying the Clips will win titles for the next 16 years but their culture is changing. When was the last time a top 5 NBA star signed with the Clips as an unrestricted free agency? As for Doc as a coach, I'll take him over D'Antoni. Doc is respected by players so that will help with the culture.

As for the Lakers, they will usually find a way to come back, but it's not going to be easy without both Jerry's. Of course Laker fans won't see it, but the franchise is in trouble.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
And you thought LBJ wasn't going to win a title the last 2 years.

We'll see... I'm not saying the Clips will win titles for the next 16 years but their culture is changing. When was the last time a top 5 NBA star signed with the Clips as an unrestricted free agency? As for Doc as a coach, I'll take him over D'Antoni. Doc is respected by players so that will help with the culture.

As for the Lakers, they will usually find a way to come back, but it's not going to be easy without both Jerry's. Of course Laker fans won't see it, but the franchise is in trouble.
You got his second ring only because the Spurs choked at the end of Game 6 (I won't get into how he needed a dream team to get his first ring).  Look how the Clippers flopped against Memphis in the playoffs this year....Griffin and Jordan can not be trusted to hit FTs in clutch time and other than CP3 there really don't have a good second scoring option in crunch time.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy lob/dunk city as much as the next guy, but it's a different game in the playoffs.  They'll probably win their division next year with around 55 wins and get bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs again.  In the west, I still think OKC, Spurs, and Memphis are better teams (if Houston gets Dwight then the Clippers will be the 5th best team in the West)...don't forget about Golden State and Denver either. 

As for the Lakers, unless something big happens they are on the slide down towards being a lottery draft team with Kobe getting older and older.  The Lakers will be lucky if they can make the playoffs next year with Dwight or not.  Hopefully they'll be able to pick up some free agents in 2014 & 2015 when they have more cap space. 

your biggest strength eventually becomes your biggest weakness. kobe was the lakers biggest strength but has he ages he will be their biggest weakness. no one is going to want to play with him because as long as he keeps playing he will want to be the man.

Back