MM killing it in Portola Springs

Actually, you are echoing my point. My point has been:pS is so big; you can't put all parts of PS in one basket. All PS1 SFR areas are pretty good.

Burn That Belly said:
Well, I wasn't always discriminating PS 100% of the time. I recall I always like homes on Small Grove. SG is one of the ONLY exception to buying in PS. Views are good and it's a one way street. SG is the only place in PS I'd buy.

Just like nobody would spend $100k on a Lexus LC when you can get a M5. However, a Lexus LF-A is another story if you have the money.

The bigger question is, where did this PS seller move to?  Must be bones's sister. Probably went to OH.  ;D

Burn That Belly said:
Well, I wasn't always discriminating PS 100% of the time. I recall I always like homes on Small Grove. SG is one of the ONLY exception to buying in PS. Views are good and it's a one way street. SG is the only place in PS I'd buy.

Just like nobody would spend $100k on a Lexus LC when you can get a M5. However, a Lexus LF-A is another story if you have the money.

The bigger question is, where did this PS seller move to?  Must be bones's sister. Probably went to OH.  ;D

Naaa my sister sold 39 small grove ;) and she would never use MM ;) ;)

That $/sqft number includes a lot more than the house -- Single loaded street, nice elevated view, large 9,600 sqft lot with a pool.

Burn That Belly said:
USCTrojan... when you going to set that "ALL TIME" sales record as well?  ;D

Actually when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about USCTrojan.  Let's just say in about 40 days, you should get a pretty good indication of how he does with PS.  ;)

Burn That Belly said:

I still have the Las Ventanas Plan 2 and Plan 3 sales records, just need a Plan 1 listing to set that record...and I do without any door hangers or magnets.  ;)

What are your numbers😄?

USCTrojanCPA said:
Burn That Belly said:

I still have the Las Ventanas Plan 2 and Plan 3 sales records, just need a Plan 1 listing to set that record...and I do without any door hangers or magnets.  ;)

MM not USC Martin, the weasel one chatted my ear off for an hour at one open house. He gave me his BS about full service agent and not providing rebates to his clients.

Thanks but no thanks Mr Weasel.

rickr said:
MM not USC Martin, the weasel one chatted my ear off for an hour at one open house. He gave me his BS about full service agent and not providing rebates to his clients.

When we sold our Stonegate home we interviewed quite a few agents including MM - that's his home turf. "Weasel" is being very polite! We went with someone else and MM actually brought over a potential buyer. Of course our agents knew of MM's "professional" reputation and said "approach with caution". Have you noticed he has his open house signs up EVERY fricking weekend but most of the time, he doesn't even have an actual house. Deceptive??

My momma taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say..." so I better shut up about MM.

rickr said:

Actually he does provide rebates.  You just need to know how to negotiate with him.  Also, even though he reminds me of a weasel, his "full service" line is actually quite true.  It really seems like his goal is for his client to not lift a finger for anything. 

Burn That Belly said:
rickr said:

I?ve met several RE agents like that who praise themselves about the ?exceptional? service they provide to their customers when helping them buy real estate. While I agree that that may be true in resale cases, I had a hard time justifying just how ?exceptional? their service would be for a new construction home.

In one instance, this RE agent told me that she would go as far and beyond to get free appliances and what not. I said to her, how can that be possible if the waiting list is so huge and what leverage would you have to ask the builder to give free appliances when there are forty other buyers behind me willing to buy it with no appliance? She didn?t have anything else to offer

The only way for that agent to get you free appliances if she would have paid for them out of her pocket...would be a lot easier if she just gave a rebate.

Funny story for you....I had a buyer who went to go see an open house and was interested in the home.  They asked the listing agent if she represented if she would take care of most of their closing costs (they weren't going to use her anyhow but were just curious how she'd respond).  She replied...."Oh no, I'm a full service agent and I provide more than rebates by my exceptional service being available night and day."  Then they had me write up an offer to get them the house, when she found out that I was giving my buyer a rebate for their closing costs I got a lecture from her about how I'm selling myself and degrading the professional.  I basically told her not to worry what I do with my commissions because it's been working pretty well for me.  haha

At the end of the day, there is plenty of business to go around and I get my fair share without any marketing so it's all good.

USCTrojanCPA said:
At the end of the day, there is plenty of business to go around and I get my fair share without any marketing so it's all good.

There is another guy name Chris Kwon that doesnt give rebates.  He told my buddy that it was illegal for an agent to give rebates which we all know is BS. 

What % are people getting back as rebates for resale homes?  I know open listing will give 50% back on any home.  A 1.5M dollar house at 2.5% buyers agent fee is almost 19K back to the buyer.  Thats not bad. 

meccos12 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

There is another guy name Chris Kwon that doesnt give rebates.  He told my buddy that it was illegal for an agent to give rebates which we all know is BS. 

What % are people getting back as rebates for resale homes?  I know open listing will give 50% back on any home.  A 1.5M dollar house at 2.5% buyers agent fee is almost 19K back to the buyer.  Thats not bad.

This guy who was my boy friends at that time signed in for my realtor bonus as we were together at that time and he lived rent free at m y place( so no formal pre-conversation or talks). I found the new build on my own, so I didnt think too much of him not giving me a rebate. After signing I had a talk with him about if he would share part of the bonus money and agreed on 6k, but later he bailed, and told me its illegal. That weasel still is around! since I dont have any paper work, I dont know how I can get him to any legal proceeding, but he did acknowledge in writing that I asked about this to him.(he didnt correct me or inform me he wont at that time when i had the conversation with him).  I live in a 3 story condo now, and he lives at his best friends mom's spare bedroom, so it all worked out ok!

Back