Mirabella at Columbus Square

shadax said:
I haven't visited yet but I spoke to one of the salespeople just now.  For the Plan 3 that I actually thought was nice:

$479,000 base
$342/mo  sub,master HOAs
1.2%        base tax rate
$5,600    mello roos

All I gotta say is: wow.  That's $1,300 per month in HOA and taxes.  No wonder they had to lower the base prices.  OUCH!

By the way, these are direct quotes from the salesperson.  If you have some different information test, I'd be glad to see it.

By the way, just for comparison's sake, Plan 1 of Mariposa at Stonegate ($770k last I checked?) would be a total of $1,130 per month using the same calculations.  And that's a $770,000 home!

Right now the thing keeping housing somewhat affordable is the low interest rates, but those don't help lower ungodly HOA/MR.  Ick.

shadax said:
I haven't visited yet but I spoke to one of the salespeople just now.  For the Plan 3 that I actually thought was nice:

$479,000 base
$342/mo  sub,master HOAs
1.2%        base tax rate
$5,600    mello roos

All I gotta say is: wow.  That's $1,300 per month in HOA and taxes.  No wonder they had to lower the base prices.  OUCH!

By the way, these are direct quotes from the salesperson.  If you have some different information test, I'd be glad to see it.
Wow, almost a 2.4% tax rate....EEEEEKKKK

IndieDev said:
These homes aren't worth it even with a $275,000 base.

Not sooo fast.  with 20% down and one of our current snazzy low 4's interest rates, that would make the payment around $2200/mo.  I'd do it. 

shadax said:
IndieDev said:

Not sooo fast.  with 20% down and one of our current snazzy low 4's interest rates, that would make the payment around $2200/mo.  I'd do it. 

At $275,000 the tax rate would be 3.2%....  double EEEEKKKK.... but I'm sure you already knew that....

Anyway, did you ask about all those taxes but no schools?

shadax said:
IndieDev said:

I have no doubt you would.

IndieDev said:
shadax said:
IndieDev said:

I have no doubt you would.

Of course, all other things being equal.  However, for prices to come down that far there, they'd have to come down in most other places-  in which case it'd be far less clear cut a decision. 

test said:
shadax said:
IndieDev said:

At $275,000 the tax rate would be 3.2%....  double EEEEKKKK.... but I'm sure you already knew that....

"all those taxes but no schools"

Are you referring to the fact that the new elementary school is being mothballed and your MR are instead contributing to a new continuation school?  That is, if the city loses their lawsuit.  If that kind of change can happen, anything is on the table.  I've said before, I'll believe your utopian map when I see it.

Until then the children can ride their bikes past all of the kids that got into knife fights at school.

shadax said:
test said:
shadax said:
IndieDev said:

Are you referring to the fact that the new elementary school is being mothballed and your MR are instead contributing to a new continuation school?  That is, if the city loses their lawsuit.  If that kind of change can happen, anything is on the table.  I've said before, I'll believe your utopian map when I see it.

Until then the children can ride their bikes past all of the kids that got into knife fights at school.

Test has these visions that CS will turn into the garden of eden.  haha  His map may not happen for the next 15-20 years, if all goes well.  I want someone to explain to me where the hell are high MR pays going for?  Did someone issue those MR bonds and end up using the funds for some other purposes?  The residence of CS need to demand some accountability.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadax said:
test said:
shadax said:
IndieDev said:

Test has these visions that CS will turn into the garden of eden.  haha  His map may not happen for the next 15-20 years, if all goes well.  I want someone to explain to me where the hell are high MR pays going for?  Did someone issue those MR bonds and end up using the funds for some other purposes?  The residence of CS need to demand some accountability.

That's the scary part.  There are residents that have already closed and are paying those oppressive Mello Roos.  I know part of them usually go toward infrastructure development.  But what about the schools and parks on the map?  That means someone could be paying off the bonds for 10 years and end up moving without seeing many of the benefits. 

Laguna Altura may have high MR as well- but at least all of the amenities, thin as they may be, looked to be in place BEFORE anyone moved in.

shadax said:
Laguna Altura may have high MR as well- but at least all of the amenities, thin as they may be, looked to be in place BEFORE anyone moved in.

What amenities does LA have other than Lake Forest Dr which is not in place yet and I wouldn't even call an amenity?  You're confusing what MR pays for and what HOA pays for.  All the parks, pools and the clubhouse at CS were in place before the first residents moved in back in 2006.

test said:
shadax said:

What amenities does LA have other than Lake Forest Dr which is not in place yet and I wouldn't even call an amenity?  You're confusing what MR pays for and what HOA pays for.  All the parks, pools and the clubhouse at CS were in place before the first residents moved in back in 2006.

the large park, schools, and the other things on your map.

Wife and I went to the opening...somewhat busy when we got there but most people were in the tents eating. 

Plan 2 is the best/most open plan.  The 2nd story of plan 3 is very good but the downstair is a disaster.  They designed plan 3 to have a side and front courtyards which took away from additional space that could been living quarters.  The courtyards are totally useless to us since it's in a condo and low fences. 

Not a believer but the feng shui for plan 2 is bad in that the front door lines up directly with the back door/windows.  (that's the only feng shui thing I know)

The prices are relative cheap but the mello roos/taxes are  ???  $5,000+ mello roos for a $450K house plus the base 1.6 (?) % property tax rate....ridiculous.

Schools are not good...Tustin High...no...

They are releasing 8 properties on Saturday and buyer need to qualify.  I overheard a rep say that they already have interest in 4 units.  Do not know if that's legit or now.

All in all...it's a definite pass for us.  The location and school district are not good and the plans/price are not good enough to overlook those issue. 

test said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Schools are not good...Tustin High...no...

Didn't Tustin High make Newsweek's top public high school list?
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1788.0

I find it extremely ironic that while Tustin High consistently makes the Newsweek list, Beckman does not.  I think there is a general consensus on TI that Beckman is a far better school then Tustin - why, then, would Beckman never make the list?

Phase 4
December/January Move-in

Lot          Plan          Price
55          1A          $433,490
56          1BR        $433,490
59          2CR        $453,490
13          1AR        $436,490
12          1B          $436,490
11          2AR        $456,490
10          2BR        $456,490
9            2C          $456,490

Back