Midterm Elections

Eyephone - that LA Times article isn't 1/2 as dammning as the takedown of the Gateway Pundit story:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bad-math-leads-to-bogus-voter-fraud-claim/

The chain of custody issue remains a portal of opportunity for partisan shenanigans. The practice needs to end.

IrvineCommuter - Actually we do throw up are hands when people don't want to vaccinate. There are parental opt-out laws as well as home schooling for those who hide from vaccination. We don't force vaccination, but if it were me, I'd make the opt out so heinous that child vaccination wouldn't be an issue. Parental vaccination is another subject. I'd have a tough time giving up my right to NOT have a flu shot. Measles/Mumps/Whooping Cough has pretty high prevention levels, but the flu shot is in the 30% range and not really something I'm wanting to risk... wow.... is this getting off topic.

We're practically on the same side, only expressing it in different measures. We both want access (national holiday for voting, retaining mail in and absentee ballots) however I'm wanting to tighten up some of the opportunities for fraud. That's hardly a big ask.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Eyephone - that LA Times article isn't 1/2 as dammning as the takedown of the Gateway Pundit story:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bad-math-leads-to-bogus-voter-fraud-claim/

The chain of custody issue remains a portal of opportunity for partisan shenanigans. The practice needs to end.

IrvineCommuter - Actually we do throw up are hands when people don't want to vaccinate. There are parental opt-out laws as well as home schooling for those who hide from vaccination. We don't force vaccination, but if it were me, I'd make the opt out so heinous that child vaccination wouldn't be an issue. Parental vaccination is another subject. I'd have a tough time giving up my right to NOT have a flu shot. Measles/Mumps/Whooping Cough has pretty high prevention levels, but the flu shot is in the 30% range and not really something I'm wanting to risk... wow.... is this getting off topic.

We're practically on the same side, only expressing it in different measures. We both want access (national holiday for voting, retaining mail in and absentee ballots) however I'm wanting to tighten up some of the opportunities for fraud. That's hardly a big ask.

I rather work on the more serious problem...you may want to feel better from the cold but let's deal with the clogged arteries first.

freedomcm said:
"I can't take Tuesday off" It's a holiday, you have the day off. "I forgot to put a stamp on my ballot" - hmmm perhaps voting isn't for you.

So voting is only for the middle/upper class?

How many retail/restaurant/service employees get holidays off?

Everybody already has the legal right to leave work in order to vote.  It's just that most people choose not to.

Instead of blaming the candidate, the party, the candidate?s record, the message or lack of message they cry fraud.

Now I will give my analysis on select house races.

Reason number 6,670 why the mail in ballot process needs to be changed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/thousands-of-mailed-ballots-in-florida-were-not-counted/ar-BBQMed9?OCID=ansmsnnews11

The Senate race would not have been changed even if these were counted (10,000 vote gap) but other races would have. This is one example of why I'd prefer a hard line be drawn - requiring mail in ballots to be received 1 week prior to election to be counted and not day of... or 10 days after as long as postmarked, or some other way that invites fraud.

My .02c 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/thousands-of-mailed-ballots-in-florida-were-not-counted/ar-BBQMed9?OCID=ansmsnnews11

The Senate race would not have been changed even if these were counted (10,000 vote gap) but other races would have. This is one example of why I'd prefer a hard line be drawn - requiring mail in ballots to be received 1 week prior to election to be counted and not day of... or 10 days after as long as postmarked, or some other way that invites fraud.

My .02c

That's just Florida.  Oregon has all mail-in voting.

Voters also receive an official ballot to complete and insert into the security envelope which is placed in the ballot return envelope and signed by the voter. The ballot return envelope can be stamped and mailed or dropped off at any official drop box? across the state. If a voter casts their ballot after the Wednesday before an election, the ballot should be left at a drop box site to ensure it's counted.

Ballots must be received by 8 p.m. on Election Day.????????
https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/pages/voteinor.aspx

Not because of Cesar? I thought they closed that particular distribution center due to the packages he sent out.

My .02c

Perhaps then taking Oregon's system and making it a national standard would be the way forward for mail in voting.

Given that we have states like Flori-duh, Ohio (Fraud capital USA IMHO), and Wisconsin (voter disenfranchisement by legislative decapitation), it's best that we not have "receipt by Election Day" standards, but 1 week earlier to avoid the kind of tomfoolery we've seen in the Sunshine State.

My .02c 

Perhaps then taking Oregon's system and making it a national standard would be the way forward for mail in voting.

Given that we have states like Flori-duh, Ohio (Fraud capital USA IMHO), and Wisconsin (voter disenfranchisement by legislative decapitation), it's best that we not have "receipt by Election Day" standards, but 1 week earlier to avoid the kind of tomfoolery we've seen in the Sunshine State.

My .02c

Scott Walker from Wisconsin got voted out. How many times did Trump campaign with him? (I guess it didn?t help)

?Forbes Article: How Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's Foxconn Deal May Have Cost Him the Election

Health care, taxes, education, and immigration all were key issues in the campaign. But, as widely reported (see these excellent pieces in The Verge and the New Yorker) and discussed in this space last week, Walker?s cocktail napkin agreement with Foxconn, the Taiwanese company that is the world?s largest contract electronics manufacturer, proved a huge political albatross. Walker offered $3 billion in state subsidies in exchange for a promise from Foxconn to build a $10 billion liquid crystal display factory in Racine County.

But voter enthusiasm turned to indignation as public expenses required to support the plant ballooned?and Foxconn?s ambitions seemed to shrivel. As I noted last week, a string of vague and inconsistent statements by Foxconn officials about their plans for the plant raised suspicions that its main product was smoke and mirrors.

And the case gets curiouser and curiouser. Yesterday, as Wisconsin voters headed to the polls, the Wall Street Journal, citing ?people familiar with the matter,? said Foxconn planned to staff the Wisconsin plant with engineers from China. Part of the problem, the Journal noted, is Wisconsin?s tight labor market; the state has an unemployment rate of 3.0%, below the national average of 3.7%. Finding skilled labor and ?knowledge workers,? (as Foxconn now says will account for 90% of the plant?s workforce) is an even bigger headache. Foxconn denied the report in a written statement: ?The assertion that we are recruiting Chinese personnel to staff our Wisconsin project is untrue.? The Journal reports that Foxconn engineers in China are balking at transfer orders from CEO Terry Gou because they think Racine is too remote, too cold, and ?not particularly diverse.??

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...wisconsin-governor-scott-walkers-foxconn-lost

My comment: Scott Walker lost to a Democrat who was a school superintendent and a former teacher. As stated in the article mention above, the key issues were the following Health care, taxes, education. The article mention they might hire from China for the plant. (I don?t know who is right, but just stating what the article stated.  Regardless it doesn?t sound good to Wisconsins.) Also the $3 billion in subsidies offered to the plant according to the above article. [Wow that?s a lot of money!!!]

My .02c

Why don?t you address my comment regarding Cesar the aka MAGa pacakage guy regarding the mail situation in Florida.

Maybe because it doesn?t help your argument and you refuse to acknowledge it happened. But it did....

For the record since you won?t let the midterms go and continue to complain. I will share my thoughts and give my analysis.

North Carolina Republicans begin push for a new primary amid fraud scandal

Republicans in the North Carolina Legislature are seeking to change state law to guarantee that any call for a new general election in the scandal-plagued 9th Congressional District will also include a rerun of the party primaries.

The GOP-controlled state House and Senate passed the provision on Wednesday, hours before a senior North Carolina Republican official told CNN that party leaders are starting to recognize that the odds are stacked against Mark Harris, the Republican candidate at the center of an election fraud scandal.

The decision by the Legislature is the clearest sign yet that, should there be a new election, Republicans in North Carolina are losing faith that Harris can defeat Democrat Dan McCready, whom he led in the initial, uncertified count.

It  is unclear whether Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper will sign the Republican bill.

"North Carolinians deserve honest and fair elections and the Governor is reviewing this legislation carefully," said Ford Porter, a spokesperson for Cooper.

Republicans in the North Carolina Legislature currently hold a veto-proof supermajority -- but only until the end of this session, meaning any potential move to override Cooper should he veto the measure could set off new protests and accusations of a power grab.

Source:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...icans-legislature-primary-election/index.html

My comment: GOP losing faith in their candidate? They are proposing to do a primary to potentially replace Harris.

?CNN article: 3 Kansas legislators switch from Republican to Democrat

Two state lawmakers in Kansas announced on Wednesday that they would be switching their political party from Republican to Democrat.

In separate Facebook posts, state Rep. Stephanie Clayton and state Sen. Dinah Sykes said they would now be serving as Democrats in the state Legislature.

Last Wednesday, Kansas state Sen. Barbara Bollier also had announced she would be leaving the Republican Party and would come back in 2019 as a Democrat.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...as-legislature-republican-democrat/index.html

My comment: Looks like not just California. People are waking up. Let?s face it the Republican Party is not the same as before.

Katie Porter in the news today.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/katie-porter-stumps-jpmorgan-chases-234541790.html

D30A0GYX4AAKeeV.jpg:large

It looks like voting in the dems during the midterms is really having an affect:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administration-staff-abandon-protection-080852923.html

If the house was controlled by the republicans, this would not have happened.  Now trumps protectors are going to get fined $25,000/day if they are found in contempt of congress.  Although I'm a republican, I voted for Katie Porter because I wanted trump to have a hard time and here we are.

Back