Measure E passes . So now which communities can see more MR ? More Taxes ?

blueribbon

Just saw the email that measure E passed....There s abunch of IUSD Schools.

So which communities are seeing more MR/ More taxes ?

I see note "Only property owners in neighborhoods near IUSD?s older schools will pay the cost of the measure. Property owners in the newest areas paying Community Facility District (CFD) fees toward school facility construction will not be impacted by this measure. ".

Does this mean all new neighborhoods  like PS, BP, Eastwood and stonegate are exempted?

Some more info

Q. How much would the potential School Facilities Improvement Measure cost?
A. The measure will cost $29 per $100,000 in assessed value (not to be confused with market
value, which is typically much higher). The estimated monthly cost for the typical property owner
will be $10.

I think if your kids go to one of these schools (and you actually live in that boundary) you are probably safe.  I know I'll be paying up.

2016 SFIM Excluded Schools
Alderwood ES
Cypress Village ES
Eastwood ES
Portola Springs ES
Stonegate ES
Woodbury ES
Beacon Park K8
Vista Verde K8
Jeffrey Trail MS
Portola HS

irvine6789 said:
I see note "Only property owners in neighborhoods near IUSD?s older schools will pay the cost of the measure. Property owners in the newest areas paying Community Facility District (CFD) fees toward school facility construction will not be impacted by this measure. ".

Does this mean all new neighborhoods  like PS, BP, Eastwood and stonegate are exempted?

irvinehusky said:
I think if your kids go to one of these schools (and you actually live in that boundary) you are probably safe.  I know I'll be paying up.

Alderwood ES
Cypress Village ES
Eastwood ES
Portola Springs ES
Stonegate ES
Woodbury ES
Beacon Park K8
Vista Verde K8
Jeffrey Trail MS
Portola HS

irvine6789 said:

so it seems like the residents of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge and Laguna Altura get a free ride? They are in excluded elementary school zone, but attend Uni High, which would benefit from taxes raised by measure E. I'm not affected by measure E personally, but it seems somewhat unfair. If Uni High school gets funds, then it seems like all people in Uni High school zone should pay in. 

nyc to oc said:
irvinehusky said:

Alderwood ES
Cypress Village ES
Eastwood ES
Portola Springs ES
Stonegate ES
Woodbury ES
Beacon Park K8
Vista Verde K8
Jeffrey Trail MS
Portola HS

irvine6789 said:

so it seems like the residents of Quail Hill, Turtle Ridge and Laguna Altura get a free ride? They are in excluded elementary school zone, but attend Uni High, which would benefit from taxes raised by measure E. I'm not affected by measure E personally, but it seems somewhat unfair. If Uni High school gets funds, then it seems like all people in Uni High school zone should pay in.

Not sure if that is the full list.  The poster just mentioned schools he knows that are probably on it.

Does the measure have an end time?

That's what I don't like about new taxes.. you work something up because it needs to pay for something.. FOREVER???

Pretty sure everything in red pays...EW doesn't pay even though they are zoned to NW and NW gets money.

Attachments

• measure 3.JPG
    measure 3.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 244
For those that vote..if you're not impacted then it's not on the ballot, correct?

Wasn't on mine anyways.

What's interesting is that when I voted, my name didn't come up on the paper list.  Instead I did a provisional? vote.  They created an ID on the spot and Measure E came up.  I'm not in the affected area though....

so does this mean CV owners pay? Because elementary /middle they have new school but high is IHS which does recv funding.

jmoney74 said:
Does the measure have an end time?

That's what I don't like about new taxes.. you work something up because it needs to pay for something.. FOREVER???

12 years Spend in 12, pay in no more than 30.

Back