Mattress

Getting my $331 Beautyrest full size mattress again from the sale I mentioned above this Saturday.  Looks like they manufacture the mattress after the order is placed.  Picked up a bed frame from Costco for around $40, better price and I'm sure better built then buying from US Mattress. 

We bought two mattresses recently.

A King from casper.com/ and a full from Tuft and Needle.

Scared at first to order online. But now I will never go back to buying an overpriced simmons/serta/sealy mattress from the store.

Casper - great quality at good price
Tuft and Needle - good quality at great price

Mattress shopping is ridiculous. $200-300 of materials ends up being sold as a $2k mattress due to all the middleman and with lack of good info out there, hard to know what you're getting. These internet startups are a much better bet imo.

And return policy really takes a lot of the risk away.

9254B248-EB25-401E-9B1A-4EB39E941B24_zpsdm6bducw.jpg

Got my guest/doghouse spare bed ready.  Made locally in Compton. 

Haha, bed was made just this week.  Their factory is off Alameda and Del Amo in Compton.   

Mattress material is cheap, probably more expensive to make an old mattress into 'new'

Chairman - which mattress did you finally buy?

We are in the market for a king size bed and my brain is literally exploding with the number of choices it has to process. This is waay harder than wood and cabinets and shutters and pavers  all put together.

I did do extensive mattress research years ago before we bought our sealy queen size mattress (around 8 years ago). But now I have a few more requirements (non toxic fillers etc). The Sealy has lasted really really well but we need the bigger size and I was wondering what mattresses you guys might recommend.

'Zerolot recommended' Room and Board seems like a nice non-toxic option but some people seem to be complaining about durability after 4 years. @zerolot Any feedback on the bed after a year?

I found this retailer in Orange County who sells kingdom mattresses at very reasonable prices (excellent CS also). However, I am not sure how reliable this Kingdom brand is. The beds were very comfortable but I am not that sure about durability and materials used. The warranty seems good (but prorated).

Thoughts?

i1 said:
We bought two mattresses recently.

A King from casper.com/ and a full from Tuft and Needle.

Scared at first to order online. But now I will never go back to buying an overpriced simmons/serta/sealy mattress from the store.

Casper - great quality at good price
Tuft and Needle - good quality at great price

Mattress shopping is ridiculous. $200-300 of materials ends up being sold as a $2k mattress due to all the middleman and with lack of good info out there, hard to know what you're getting. These internet startups are a much better bet imo.

And return policy really takes a lot of the risk away.

Are you still liking your casper bed?

whome said:

We are in the market for a king size bed and my brain is literally exploding with the number of choices it has to process. This is waay harder than wood and cabinets and shutters and pavers  all put together.

I did do extensive mattress research years ago before we bought our sealy queen size mattress (around 8 years ago). But now I have a few more requirements (non toxic fillers etc). The Sealy has lasted really really well but we need the bigger size and I was wondering what mattresses you guys might recommend.

'Zerolot recommended' Room and Board seems like a nice non-toxic option but some people seem to be complaining about durability after 4 years. @zerolot Any feedback on the bed after a year?

I found this retailer in Orange County who sells kingdom mattresses at very reasonable prices (excellent CS also). However, I am not sure how reliable this Kingdom brand is. The beds were very comfortable but I am not that sure about durability and materials used. The warranty seems good (but prorated).

Thoughts?

Hi whome,

I ended up buying a eastern king latex mattress from Newport Bedding Company. I am happy with it so far. It's been over a year.

1562 Newport Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-646-3991

whome said:

Thoughts?
whome- we actually have sleeping number bed from almost 3 years ago and like it so far.  It doesn't have the constant air pumping as mentioned from other member, instead it will pump once when one set the firmness.  However, we did notice that the bed start to loose its firmness after a while when you don't constantly adjust it.  So once in a while you will have to "fill" it to 100% in order to refill then re-set back to your desire firmness(some sort of tuning process if you will).  The other thing is, like all other spring-less mattress, it does get hotter than the conventional spring mattress.  But I believe now the newest model actually have a thermo function which you can also adjust the temperature in addition to the stiffness of bed. 

Back