Marin@Eastwood

Burn That Belly said:
snjnk said:
Tried getting info from the sales office.  They just said its management decision to wait till next Monday.
Initially sales people said they are going to pre-pone the release from March 10th to 3rd.  That did not happen.
And the initial price list is sent out and was told they will be making calls on March 10th.
Then after few days they sent out a new updated list with 10K increase in the price on all the models which are going to be released in Phase 39 and moved the release date to 12th.
Now they say its management decision to wait to till next Monday(19th).

It's not the sales team's fault. This is a decision above their pay grade coming straight from the Irvine Company offices of Newport Beach. Supply is dwindling in the sub $1m range and EW is a prime location of all the current selling villages. $10K is not that bad. You will make $10k in 3 months of waiting for your home to be built.

From the time I ordered my home to the time I got the keys, I think I already made $80K. That is based on the price in phase x versus the price in phase x+y at the time I received the keys.

Yes, I agree there will be increase in price from phase to phase.
But here, they increased $25k from phase 38 to 39 and again increased $10K after 4 days of releasing the initial price list.

snjnk said:
Yes, I agree there will be increase in price from phase to phase.
But here, they increased $25k from phase 38 to 39 and again increased $10K after 4 days of releasing the initial price list.

I think Marin is pretty much on par with Vivo (in OH) in terms of $/sq ft.  Considering OH3 is being marketed as the elite village.. it's interesting to see that.

Burn That Belly said:
Not always true. Eastwood has a few unicorns called Calistoga where one of the elevation is single story and at only 3 bed/2bath going for 1.3M. It has been selling so sizzling hot, nobody can seem to get their hands on it. Everybody wants 'em, nobody can get 'em. They're like a Porsche 991 Club Coupe. Incredibly rare. You won't find them any more. These are situated at the end of the street on a end-unit corner so lots of privacy.

Two of my friends want to buy them so badly and they were so pissed that they couldn't get them.  They were willing to pay more.

This two recently sold for a whopping $643 - $681 sqft. That's EW for you. I guarantee these homes will sell for whoppers come resale time. And the house numbers are great.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Dawn-Hike-92620/home/143543729
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/100-Joshua-Tree-92620/home/113680011

YgMQ8Yf.jpg

Well yes, there are no true absolutes with most things.  Obviously rarer entities, such as a single story home like the ones above, will operate differently. 

Huge single story homes are the best.  Sometimes I look at new Toll Bros homes out of state and drool.  In FL you can get brand new Toll Bros single 3,000 sq ft single story home for high $500k on a huge lot.  Of course then you have to live in FL.

Back