manscaping2

rkp

not sure why socal78 locked vs suggesting getting back on topic.

continuing on the grooming and fashion discussion, to tuck or not tuck in your shirt?  of course i tuck in dress shirts but i honestly feel silly and like a dork tucking in a polo shirt into jeans.  i see many people who do but they tend to be old dudes.  at what age does it become necessary to tuck in all your shirts?

and along same lines, i had a boss who was an ex military guy and he would always tell me to pull my jacket zipper up.  i never thought it was rude or unkempt to have a jacket on without zipping or buttoning it up...

rkp said:
not sure why socal78 locked vs suggesting getting back on topic.

I debated whether or not to remove a post, send a Pm to the member, and a variety of other things. Ultimately, I made the choice that I was most comfortable with and that I believe to be the most fair solution based on my experience going on year 5 of this type of forum. (This ain't my first rodeo.) You guys can say anything you want and you do not have to agree with me, but I also don't have to be a part of it. I knew that this would force the topic to re-manifest somewhere else, which is good. Now you can be the original poster / moderator and I don't have to be involved at all. Thank you.

Polos tucked out with jeans and NEVER pop that collar up...

Jacket/Sports Jacket/Pea Coat - Leave it unbuttoned or not zipped unless you are freezing.

Dinner Jacket/Formal Suit - Button only one until seated

i never understood why athletes have to tuck in their shirts...street ballers never ever tuck in their jerseys so why do the pros have to.  same with golf...i think tennis and soccer are the only major sports where you dont have to tuck the uniform in

rkp said:
at what age does it become necessary to tuck in all your shirts?
My dad is like that... loves to tuck in his shirts... to me it just accentuates how rotund he is.

I hate tucking in my shirts... the only time I do is when I have to wear a dress shirt and tie... otherwise... I'm busting the mumu style.

I think if you're fit or skinny, tucking in is fine since it accentuates your build... but girthy guys like me need to hide as much as possible.

Back