Man and 3-year-old son bitten by coyote in Irvine

ps9 said:
Whoa, non-gated OH Strada defends Crimson super Mello PP?  Nice

We loved PP when it debuted - Rosemist specifically. It just wasn't good timing for us.

Coyotes are less of a danger than Megan's List might be in Greenwood.  :eek:

DJW1705 said:
Where did I say in these last few messages to buy in Greenwood?
Buy where you wanna buy, but don't give people a hard time on where they buy. I'm giving you a dose of your own medicine.

You replied to a post of mine (I said something like I don't think Stafford has really gone up):

"I agree to an extent.  All 4 homes are up in price, including Stafford, if you pick a home that has not started construction.  Right now, I don't think there are any more releases in 2015 for the 3 Stan Pac communities.  They will release more lots begining in 2016.  Not sure about Huntley as that is a different builder.

As far as resale, these homes will be fine.  All that land will be developed, schools built, etc. etc. etc.

I'm glad I got in early though because the prirces will continue to increase as long as they keep selling at this pace".

That to me implies you bought a home in Greenwood because your entire post was in response to pricing at Greenwood and your response only included Greenwood homes. True, that doesn't say "buy Greenwood" but it does imply that is what you did and since you think prices will only go up there, others should probably buy there now.

Jeez, this thread has really gone too far off topic. The main issue is coyotes, right? Logically, if one builds more inland towards the spaces where coyotes live, you would expect to see them more often in those new neighborhoods, yes? I simply made reference to BP because it is quite possible to be in a spot where more coyotes are located.  That's all I've gotta say.  :-X

PS and Lambert Ranch are both pretty far inland and close to nature reservations.  With the drought, animals are venturing out for water and food.  There are a lot more bear sightings in LA hills as well.

Going back to the Coyote thing. I saw some Coyotes in Orchard Hills. Be careful, they are coming down from the hillside.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Going back to the Coyote thing. I saw some Coyotes in Orchard Hills. Be careful, they are coming down from the hillside.

Exerpt from talkcoyotes.com: "I saw some humans...they are coming up from the coast..."

If you live near Peters Canyon Trail (the flood river), you can hear them very often. I think they use this as a pathway. We rented a house in Harvard Square that backed the river and could hear coyotes regularly.

Perspective said:
DJW1705 said:
Where did I say in these last few messages to buy in Greenwood?
Buy where you wanna buy, but don't give people a hard time on where they buy. I'm giving you a dose of your own medicine.

Um, I believe by disparaging Pavilion Park as "the boonies," you're giving these homeowners and everyone else in the foothills of Irvine "a hard time," no?

This isn't my fight, however, I live in the foothills (very much in the "foothills", to be exact) and his post didn't bother me at all. I just think he's saying it pretty much comes with the territory when you live close to nature, which is true.

Purple said:
TJinOH said:
"The father was bit next in his buttocks"

What is funny in this? I consider this as a irresponsible post considering the seriousness of the issue here.
[/quote

A bite in the ass is funny, a bite near the twig and berries is not :)

We have also been seeing an increase in coyote sightings in the oakcreek area --- Have been here for quite a few years and the sightings have increased in the last few months -- I guess mostly because of the construction on Sand Canyon close to HOAG. Just saw one today morning crossing Alton near valley oak and going into the apartment complex on valley oak.

TJinOH said:
"The father was bit next in his buttocks"

That's a very unusual place for coyote to bit, they usually go for the limb first.

This coyote is highly unusual, not only he's not afraid of human, he wonder into a person's garage and initiate the attack.

It remind me of the CBS TV show "ZOO".

Starting to see a lot of local news coverage on site at LR.  Regarding the guard gate, wondering if they just let them through. 

Back