Mailbox Incorrectly Installed

homesweethome

Hi -

We've bought a home in CV and recently understood that the cluster mailbox was incorrectly installed in front of our home, wherein it should have been at the end of the street.

I have already bought this to the attention of the sales team and they are checking with the management, but does anyone know what are my options?

I have reviewed the site-plan that was approved in April 2014 by City of Irvine and it has the mailbox at another location.

We personally don't prefer having it right outside as it's a privacy nightmare to have folks come, stop, take a peep into our home and leave.

Any guidance/help is appreciated.

Regards - AD

The mailbox that are install in front of your house is only temporary.  They will move to the permanent location at end of the street once the construction is completed.

BTW, this is a pretty common practice for the builder during the construction and it freak out homeowners when they find out that there's mailbox right in front of their home.  Builder should provide better communication to the homeowner about this. 

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3934.msg214385.html#msg214385
lnc said:
Chairman said:
So I just saw that they put a communal mailbox up for the 1st phase of homes. I didn't realize that each house would not get their own mailbox. There is one communal box at the beginning of the street for 16 homes.

This obviously sucks for the person's home behind it. They will get more foot traffic and the mailbox is just an eyesore from outside.

I see how the box is more efficient for them but really? These homes don't come with their own mailboxes? Why couldn't they place it somewhere less visible. What is up with that?

Just find out that the current mailboxes location are only temporary.  The Mulberry still will have mail box clusters but it will be located at the end of the street, on the side wall, not in front of any one's home.  The mail boxes will move to its permanent location once the construction on rest of the street is done and the street is open.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1691.msg259224/topicseen.html#msg259224
lnc said:
Laniakea said:
At Orchard Hills, I have seen this super mailboxes installed right in front of someone's front yard. What's your opinion on the location of this bulky mailboxes very close to your front yard?
The placement is only temporary because the permanent mailbox location is not accessible yet and it is fence off due to construction.  They will relocate the mailboxes to their permanent location once the construction activity in that location is completed. 

lnc said:
The mailbox that are install in front of your house is only temporary.  They will move to the permanent location at end of the street once the construction is completed.

I am hoping that it is temporary too as there is construction on-going for some of the homes for an upcoming phase. However, the current mailbox is set on concrete and hence our worry. The sales team informed us that this has been escalated to the management and they are checking with the site-manager.

The mailbox clusters on our street on not at the end of street and the builder has been gone for years.

I keep the blinds pretty closed facing the street even though the mailbox is not in front of our house.

I live near a mailbox cluster (though on the other side of the street).  Seems like 75% of residents walk to get their mail rather than jump out of the car.  Also I get the feeling that most people only get their mail 2-3 times a week as I don't see a lot of traffic around the cluster.

Thank you everyone for your input. The sales office called and said that they've decide to move the mailbox to the end of the street, per the original plan.

homesweethome said:
Hi -

We've bought a home in CV and recently understood that the cluster mailbox was incorrectly installed in front of our home, wherein it should have been at the end of the street.

I have already bought this to the attention of the sales team and they are checking with the management, but does anyone know what are my options?

I have reviewed the site-plan that was approved in April 2014 by City of Irvine and it has the mailbox at another location.

We personally don't prefer having it right outside as it's a privacy nightmare to have folks come, stop, take a peep into our home and leave.

Any guidance/help is appreciated.

Regards - AD

I have a 4-box cluster in between my home and my next-door neighbor's. I love it. It's very convenient.

If your neighbors are coming up to your house and looking in your windows, then that's a problem. But, if you're concerned with neighbors seeing from the street what you're doing, you should stop doing what you're ashamed of or you should get non-see thru blinds.

Back