lost inbound mails at my new address in stonegate

rwa484

This is my first post but I have been reading this board for a long time and I enjoy it a lot.

Pardon me if you think my post is not related. I just want to know if it happens to any other resident or it is just me.  After I moved in my new condo home in stonegate middle of June, I have lost three mails containing checks so far! Two of them from same sender.

I lost a deposit refund check mailed to me on July 9 from Irvine Company (IC)  Apartment Main Office (zip code 92617). I lived in an IC apartment before I moved in by the way. The address they mailed to is correct -- we double checked that when I contacted the leasing office on Sept 3. They cut me another check and mailed it to me on Sept 5. I have not got that mail as of today.

Anyway, I contacted the leasing office again on Wednesday (Sept. 18) and the next day I picked up my check in person from the leasing office. Thanks the leasing office manager who picked my check up from the corporate office.

The third mail that gets lost is a high efficiency appliance rebate check sent to me on Sept 6 from Sacramento. 

What is going on? Is it because the area is new, the service is still catching up? But I do get my other mails monday to saturday. Bills arrive on time. We have a cluster mailbox so I dont think anybody else can steal it.

rwa484 said:
This is my first post but I have been reading this board for a long time and I enjoy it a lot.

Pardon me if you think my post is not related. I just want to know if it happens to any other resident or it is just me.  After I moved in my new condo home in stonegate middle of June, I have lost three mails containing checks so far! Two of them from same sender.

I lost a deposit refund check mailed to me on July 9 from Irvine Company (IC)  Apartment Main Office (zip code 92617). I lived in an IC apartment before I moved in by the way. The address they mailed to is correct -- we double checked that when I contacted the leasing office on Sept 3. They cut me another check and mailed it to me on Sept 5. I have not got that mail as of today.

Anyway, I contacted the leasing office again on Wednesday (Sept. 18) and the next day I picked up my check in person from the leasing office. Thanks the leasing office manager who picked my check up from the corporate office.

The third mail that gets lost is a high efficiency appliance rebate check sent to me on Sept 6 from Sacramento. 

What is going on? Is it because the area is new, the service is still catching up? But I do get my other mails monday to saturday. Bills arrive on time. We have a cluster mailbox so I dont think anybody else can steal it.

Have you gone to the post office on Sand Canyon?  Sometimes the mail gets held there because it was sent before mail service started for your house. 

Is all the mail addressed to the same name?  You may have to fill out change of address forms for multiple names if you have received mail under your full legal name, your spouse's maiden name, or hyphenated (etc.).

You can do it at USPS.gov, and its free.

I had this occur as well...and when it still occurs, its typically because the sender has not updated their records of your address / name.
[/quote]

Thanks Tyler for the advice. I did address change with USPS.com before I moved in.  8)

The leasing office confirmed they mailed to my new address. They told me neither of the mails was returned to their corporate office. Neither of the checks was cashed.

For the HE appliance rebate, they told me to come back after Oct 6. They cannot re-issue same check within 30 days...

Irvinecommuter said:
rwa484 said:

Have you gone to the post office on Sand Canyon?  Sometimes the mail gets held there because it was sent before mail service started for your house.

I find out it is the Northwood Post Office that services my area. 
I asked USPS to start forwarding my mails from old address one week after closing.

rwa484 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
rwa484 said:

I asked USPS to start forwarding my mails from old address one week after closing.

You should go to the one on Sand Canyon...that's the one that services Stonegate.

Irvinecommuter said:
rwa484 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
rwa484 said:

You should go to the one on Sand Canyon...that's the one that services Stonegate.

Really? I had a USPS "Sorry but we missed you" notice. It asked me to pick up my parcel in the Northwood Post Office.

Sucks...never had that issue including from IAC.  Only problems i had was Furniture delivery trying to find streets that didn't exist.

We had the same things happen to us when we lived in Woodbury: stolen trash containers (twice!!) and missing mail (private school grades, costco coupons...). We've never had that problem in Stonegate, other than the Asian guy going through our recyclables container  :mad:

Never had an issue with mail, but google maps refuses to correct the pin for my address in Maricopa SG. If you type the address without putting in the zip code it automatically goes to an address by the same street in Newport Beach that is near the border with Irvine.  Even when you put 92620 in the address bar, the pin is placed about 8 houses down on the wrong side of the street.

thedude111222 said:
Never had an issue with mail, but google maps refuses to correct the pin for my address in Maricopa SG. If you type the address without putting in the zip code it automatically goes to an address by the same street in Newport Beach that is near the border with Irvine.  Even when you put 92620 in the address bar, the pin is placed about 8 houses down on the wrong side of the street.

PM me your addy and I'll submit it.  I've been correcting all the jacked up streets in SG and they've been approving my updates.  I feel like they trust me now.

Tyler Durden said:
broda said:
thedude111222 said:

PM me your addy and I'll submit it.  I've been correcting all the jacked up streets in SG and they've been approving my updates.  I feel like they trust me now.

Here you go:

Ay Raz Urtax
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC, 20500

NSA is watching this thread now.  :eek:

broda said:
thedude111222 said:

Btw - how do you correct the street names? You must have the USPS connection.

eyephone said:
broda said:
thedude111222 said:

http://www.google.com/mapmaker

you can edit Google Maps and make corrections.  They'll review it and tell you they either will accept it or not.
Took me a couple months to get them to add streets in Stonegate, but after my first few entries, they started accepting my edits quicker now.

broda said:
eyephone said:
broda said:
thedude111222 said:

http://www.google.com/mapmaker

you can edit Google Maps and make corrections.  They'll review it and tell you they either will accept it or not.
Took me a couple months to get them to add streets in Stonegate, but after my first few entries, they started accepting my edits quicker now.

Oh okay. That's good to know.

Back