Loss of Power to Garage Door LiftMaster & Heat/AC Control Units (1st/2nd Floor)

bones said:
daedalus said:
I did read the initial post.  Where does it say the landscapers messed with the breaker box?  Also, I don't know that landscape lighting is or should be related to garage door opener and forced air unit circuits (the latter of which usually operates at 240v, unlike landscape lighting).  And if the landscapers did do it, are they completely done with the work?  If not, then flipping the breaker back puts them at risk.  Electricity can kill, after all.  And it sounds like the breakers were tripped, not flipped, since they had to be "turned off" first before being turned on. 

Just trying to ask the right questions.  I guess I prefer a higher level of scrutiny for things that involve risk to life and property than some other people.

I mean, well, if you put it as a life/death issue, then yea Chairman should absolutely investigate this to its fullest.  I'm definitely no expert, but the same thing happened to me when I was going through the landscaping process.  We actually did call out an electrician and they basically said it was the landscapers' fault.  I won't bore you with the details, but basically, everything was fine for months until the landscapers came, they messed up my box, electrician came, said everything is ok, landscapers finished their project, no more electrical issues.

My landscapers are still working on my project. I have two guesses to what caused them to trip my breakers. Either it was when they connected their wiring to my existing wires. Or it was when they ran something on an outlet, like their cement mixer or one of their tools. I was there on another day they ran the cement mixer and nothing was tripped. It must have been when they connected the wiring for the lights.

Thanks for your concern everyone. It is nice to know that we can always help each other out on this forum.

Back