LOL GOP

Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:
The current Democratic Party in CA is somewhat farther left compared to the 90s and 00s, but there are some reformers in there .  Nonetheless given the choice between these Dems and the GOP ers who want to raise Federal taxes on the very people they represent, I would rather choose the Dems. 

The GOP just lowered taxes less than a month ago and Dems did not support it, preferring the higher taxes instead.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but the math is irrefutable.

what taxes lowered ? maybe on you if you are a real estate related business like trump . most w-2 wage earning homeowners  are not seeing a big tax cut esp w those deductions capped now. 

dont tout "math is irrefutable " .  the biggest tax cuts are for large corporations and large  shareholders .  it is mentality like this that has turned CA hard left and left no viable opposition to keep the hard left Dems in check .

Atleast this good for nothing else party (GOP) was good for lowering personal taxes (like what Bush did in 2003) .  When they cant even manage that properly , I and a vast majority of Californians have zero use for them .  The wave sweeping this state in 2018 will make the GOP truly extinct in the largest state and the largest economy in the country.  And thats actually a sad thing in my opinion.  I truly want a good viable , sensible opposition for any situation. 

he bungled the high speed rail but gotta give credit where credit is due

you will miss him when he is gone.  I am sure the state legislature is chomping at the bits to increase spending even further .  he is the last line of defense , believe it or not .

California?s Brown Draws Wall Street Love for Caution Amid Boom

By Romy Varghese
(Bloomberg) -- California is raking in cash from surging
stocks and is sitting on billions in reserves. Governor Jerry
Brown may resist spending much of it, keeping with the fiscal
restraint that?s won applause from Wall Street.
The Democrat?s proposed budget for the next fiscal year,
set to be released Wednesday, will likely reflect a cautious
approach for the biggest U.S. state as the stock market hovers
at record highs and its economy faces potential fallout from the
federal tax overhaul enacted last month. With the state?s
revenue and reserves rising, investors have pushed down the
yields on California?s bonds to near AAA levels.
"There is a lot more uncertainty from the federal level
that could affect California?s fortunes this coming year than
there was 12 months ago," said H.D. Palmer, a spokesman for
Brown?s finance department. That "will underscore and reinforce
the governor?s inclination to be very cautious in putting
together a plan to allocate and commit state resources."
Buoyed by taxes from the stock market?s gain, California
could finish the fiscal year that ends in June 2019 with $19.3
billion in reserves, of which $7.5 billion could go toward new
spending, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Analyst?s
Office. So far this budget year, California income-tax
collections have exceeded forecasts by about 10 percent, the
office said in a Jan. 3 report.
Brown, who took office in 2011 while the state was still
reeling from the effects of the recession, has strove to keep
more of a cushion for future downturns, a theme that will likely
emerge in this budget, his last as governor. He boosted reserves
by 27 percent to $8.5 billion in this year?s $125 billion plan.
Obstacles ahead include possible federal setbacks ranging from
the effects of the recently enacted tax overhaul -- which will
fall heavily on some residents by capping state and local tax
deductions -- to the potential loss of funding for children?s
health insurance, said Palmer. Obstacles ahead include the
effects of the recently enacted tax overhaul -- which will fall
heavily on some residents by capping state and local tax
deductions -- and the potential loss of funding for children?s
health insurance, said Palmer.
Bond buyers have rewarded the fiscal turnaround in
California, which has been boosted to the fourth-highest rank by
the three major rating companies, its best standing since the
turn of the century. The extra interest, or spread, investors
demand to hold California 10-year bonds instead of top-rated
debt is 0.09 percentage point and hit as little as 0.06
percentage point last month, the lowest since at least 2013. The
spread was as high as 0.67 percentage point in June 2013, data
compiled by Bloomberg show.
Investors want to see continued restraint, given the
state?s vulnerability. California draws a large share of taxes
from wealthy residents whose incomes are tied closely to the
stock market, which saddled the state with huge budget deficits
after the Internet and real estate bubbles burst. The top 1
percent of earners accounted for nearly half of the state?s
personal income-tax collections in 2015.
"You?re likely to see upbeat news from those revenue
numbers, but on the flip side, California has a knack for
embarking on large-scale spending programs just as the economy
begins to crest," said Rob Amodeo, head of municipals at Western
Asset, which manages $22 billion in municipal bonds.

fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
fortune11 said:
The current Democratic Party in CA is somewhat farther left compared to the 90s and 00s, but there are some reformers in there .  Nonetheless given the choice between these Dems and the GOP ers who want to raise Federal taxes on the very people they represent, I would rather choose the Dems. 

The GOP just lowered taxes less than a month ago and Dems did not support it, preferring the higher taxes instead.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but the math is irrefutable.

what taxes lowered ? maybe on you if you are a real estate related business like trump . most w-2 wage earning homeowners  are not seeing a big tax cut esp w those deductions capped now. 

dont tout "math is irrefutable " .  the biggest tax cuts are for large corporations and large  shareholders .  it is mentality like this that has turned CA hard left and left no viable opposition to keep the hard left Dems in check .

Atleast this good for nothing else party (GOP) was good for lowering personal taxes (like what Bush did in 2003) .  When they cant even manage that properly , I and a vast majority of Californians have zero use for them .  The wave sweeping this state in 2018 will make the GOP truly extinct in the largest state and the largest economy in the country.  And thats actually a sad thing in my opinion.  I truly want a good viable , sensible opposition for any situation. 

My taxes got lowered along with about 80% of my clients. They are ecstatic.

Super high income Cali and New York residents.  They are getting nailed but ironically they have been asking to have their taxes raised for years (mostly in entertainment). Told them they got their wish.

morekaos said:
Super high income Cali and New York residents.  They are getting nailed but ironically they have been asking to have their taxes raised for years (mostly in entertainment). Told them they got their wish.

Some of the biggest hypocrites out there, couldn't happen to a better group of folks.

I wouldn't mind my taxes going up if it meant better streets/wider freeways, additional municipal/state services, and/or other tangible community benefits.  But I'm sure as hell not getting to folk over more of my hard earned money to help fill a bottomless blackhole of future pension obligations for a bunch of state/municipal gov't worker desk jockeys who gamed the pension system walking away with 6 figure pension annual payments for life. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
I wouldn't mind my taxes going up if it meant better streets/wider freeways, additional municipal/state services, and/or other tangible community benefits.  But I'm sure as hell not getting to folk over more of my hard earned money to help fill a bottomless blackhole of future pension obligations for a bunch of state/municipal gov't worker desk jockeys who gamed the pension system walking away with 6 figure pension annual payments for life.

trying to locate this , but there was a study done back in 2009 or something when the state faced a crisis which showed select group of CA state govt retirees had the best benefits package of any governmental agency in the world (in % terms).  I think in law enforcement or related something I cant remember .

Here we go again

WHAT IS NEW CALIFORNIA? RURAL COUNTIES WANT INDEPENDENCE FROM 'TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT'

Robert Paul Preston dreams of splitting California in two to create the nation's sixth largest state?topping New York in population. It would be called New California, and it wouldn't be liberal-friendly.

Preston, a Yuba City native in Northern California, wants to create the nation's 51st state because he believes the rural counties of California are underrepresented by the state legislature in a fundamentally unfixable way. His proposed state would give greater representation to California's rural areas, as opposed to urban and more left-wing coast that Preston said represents bonds of tyranny.

The idea is virtually guaranteed to fail. All citizen-led efforts to split or secede one state from the United States have fallen short in modern U.S. history. Despite being mostly symbolic, Preston said the idea is gaining popularity among Californians who are critical of the state's Democratic leadership?the current state is a Democratic stronghold with the party holding 80 of the state's 120 legislative seats.

11618newcalifornia.jpg

http://www.newsweek.com/new-california-split-rural-tyranny-urban-liberal-783117[/quote]

I'd be in if they took my little sliver of South Long Beach (or just my Island)  into the OC part.  Taxes and regulation would fall off a cliff.  You could leave the norther part of LBC with new Cali.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eb5d230fb0469e884019a/?utm_term=.d477269e93b1

THE BIG IDEA: Ten months is an eternity in politics, but a stunning Democratic victory Tuesday in a special election deep in the heart of Trump country suggests a blue tsunami could be forming.

President Trump became the first Republican to carry Wisconsin in a presidential election since Ronald Reagan by running up his score in places like the rural 10th state Senate district, which includes a swath of five counties between Eau Claire and Superior along the Minnesota border.

Trump won there by 17 points in 2016. A special election was triggered when Gov. Scott Walker tapped a popular state senator, who had held the seat since 2000, to become his agriculture secretary. Last night, Democratic candidate Patty Schachtner won by nine points.

-- Wisconsin conservative talk radio legend Charlie Sykes, a Trump critic, called the results ominous and said his prominent friends inside the GOP are freaking out:

Genuinely stunning setback for GOP in Wisconsin. Hard to overstate the anxiety this will cause...https://t.co/1OPVQo7OZp

? Charlie Sykes (@SykesCharlie) January 17, 2018
Prominent WI Republican: ?We are losing independent and educated women in droves.?

Yah, The Washington Post is always full of hope and change, and yes, 10 months is an eternity.

The 2016 election is already decided. History says Hillary Clinton wins.

If history is any guide, the outcome of this year?s presidential election has already been decided.

With the exception of 2000, the result of every presidential election since, and including, 1980 has been determined before the general election even officially began. In fact, most of these elections were effectively decided by this point in the cycle.

There is no reason to think that this year, as crazy as it has been, will be different. Spoiler alert: Hillary Clinton wins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-2016-election-is-already-decided-history-says-hillary-clinton-wins/2016/06/28/8c6e682e-3d49-11e6-80bc-d06711fd2125_story.html?utm_term=.c5df7dc8bc5c

From the WaPo article:
Significant structural advantages have also favored Democrats since 1992. The party?s candidate has carried 18 states plus the District of Columbia ? totaling 242 electoral votes ? in every election since 1992. Now New Mexico and its five electoral votes, which Bush won in 2004, are considered safely Democratic. If those states remain solid for Clinton, that leaves her only 23 votes short of the 270 necessary for victory. 

Demographic trends since 1992 only reinforce this advantage for Democrats.

Where have I heard that before?

Wisconsin was so safe that Clinton didn't even bother to campaign there, opting to waste resources in unwinnable states like Arizona; Another example of "the most qualified candidate ever" making boneheaded decisions.

Liar Loan said:
From the WaPo article:
Significant structural advantages have also favored Democrats since 1992. The party?s candidate has carried 18 states plus the District of Columbia ? totaling 242 electoral votes ? in every election since 1992. Now New Mexico and its five electoral votes, which Bush won in 2004, are considered safely Democratic. If those states remain solid for Clinton, that leaves her only 23 votes short of the 270 necessary for victory. 

Wisconsin was so safe that Clinton didn't even bother to campaign there, opting to waste resources in unwinnable states like Arizona; Another example of "the most qualified candidate ever" making boneheaded decisions.

That has nothing to do with actual reality and facts.

Yeah yeah yeah - pick the one paragraph of two in the whole article that you can choose to ridicule

While ignoring completely the actual fact on the ground which is the election result itself

Denial won?t change facts ...

The point I labor to make is that the media continue to trust polling and opinion that has been proven wrong again and again.  Like the 2016 election, I kept telling people this guy does not poll normally, you cannot depend on the numbers to be accurate any more.
What it the definition of insanity again?

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
From the WaPo article:

The opinion piece makes outlandish assumptions that proved to be ill-fated.  I've seen you make similar assumptions.

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
From the WaPo article:

The opinion piece makes outlandish assumptions that proved to be ill-fated.  I've seen you make similar assumptions.

Don't care about the opinion...care about the fact that there is a shifting demographic.

Back