Las Ventanas Plans 2+3 vs. Maricopa Plans 1+2

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
what is that about a 3 foot setback on the side of the house? may as well have been a zero lot and given you the space on the other side to make it more functional.
Technically, it's 5 feet... but is looks, feels and smells like 3.
Maybe the 5 feet is from the center of the block wall to the interior wall of the house?  haha

sgip said:
Is it me, or would others rather have more sink, counter space, than a tub jutting out into the bathroom? Wonder if no tub is an option?

i agree, sevilla's master baths are like this... based on all my surveys, it seems like a lot of people like sevilla.  i thought it was awkward and besides the toll roads, the "jutting out bath" was the least desirable feature. 

and no, i've never seen a "no tub option" for those with separate tubs and showers... for those with the shower/tub combo there are no tub options.

villagepeople said:
sgip said:
Is it me, or would others rather have more sink, counter space, than a tub jutting out into the bathroom? Wonder if no tub is an option?

i agree, sevilla's master baths are like this... based on all my surveys, it seems like a lot of people like sevilla.  i thought it was awkward and besides the toll roads, the "jutting out bath" was the least desirable feature. 

and no, i've never seen a "no tub option" for those with separate tubs and showers... for those with the shower/tub combo there are no tub options.
67d800d0.jpg

You can blame Robert Hidey for that space waste design. (http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4118/#89878) I would prefer a no tub option and have a larger shower and/or more counter/closet space.

Saw the Maricopa models--liked Plan 2 the best. Wish they offered a loft on the 2nd floor. I didn't like the huge island on plan 3. All the model lots seemed cramped--par for the course I guess.

No real excitement for Laguna Altura if they are simply copying and pasting these floor plans from previous developments.

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.  :)  This is a really useful forum and the members are so funny. 

Did anyone notice the sales rep at Maricopa asking everyone to stop by after viewing the models and to tell him which model was their favorite?  Does anyone know which one came out on top?  Just curious.  I hope they don't jack up the price on the one that was popular.  I wish the builders would have virtual models and floorplans and that they'd ask that kind of question before they actually start building these communities.  If the builder read some of the comments from this forum they would have a better idea of what potential homebuyers are looking for. 

I personally liked Plan 2 first floor a lot but didn't care for the master bedroom/bathroom setup upstairs.  The walk-in closet was in an awkward space and seemed like an afterthought.  I echo what the other members said about that.  They really could have configured the master bath and closet better without wasting all that space for that shower---more walk-in closet space rather than a big shower PLEASE!   

I hope the builder doesn't hike up the prices too much with each successive phase because I would just prefer to pass in that case. 

For some reason I fear that Stonegate (and thus Maricopa) will not hold value or appreciate much once Orchard Hills opens.  Sort of like Oak Creek in relation to Quail Hill.  Any thoughts on that?  I also wonder how the eventual release of Orchard Hills in the distant future would impact Northwood Pointe (which is a resale area that I'm interested in purchasing.)     

SecretGarden said:
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post.  :)  This is a really useful forum and the members are so funny... 

For some reason I fear that Stonegate (and thus Maricopa) will not hold value or appreciate much once Orchard Hills opens.  Sort of like Oak Creek in relation to Quail Hill.  Any thoughts on that?  I also wonder how the eventual release of Orchard Hills in the distant future would impact Northwood Pointe (which is a resale area that I'm interested in purchasing.)

Welcome SecretGarden!

OH was initially intended as a higher end ($1M+) village but then the economy tanked and plans were put on hold. It will still be a more premium neighborhood but I bet they had to revamp their plans and include lower price points/detached condos etc...

I am sure prices will be similar to Laguna Altura or higher  (another premium gated TIC project)--in fact LA will be a good test case for the market of these more expensive homes. My guess on time frame will be 2012/2013 depending on sales at LA.

School wise--someone will have to fact check me on this--half of OH will be TUSD & the other IUSD. The initial phases ready to go (gates, guard houses and roads are all in) appear to be closer to the 261 toll road and are TUSD zoned.

iacrenter said:
Saw the Maricopa models--liked Plan 2 the best. Wish they offered a loft on the 2nd floor. I didn't like the huge island on plan 3. All the model lots seemed cramped--par for the course I guess.

No real excitement for Laguna Altura if they are simply copying and pasting these floor plans from previous developments.
They've addressed your "issues" with Maricopa at Cortona at LagAlt... they even cut the island down in the Plan 3, you just have to pay quite a bit more for it.

irvinehomeowner said:
iacrenter said:

They've addressed your "issues" with Maricopa at Cortona at LagAlt... they even cut the island down in the Plan 3, you just have to pay quite a bit more for it.

Haha...when I hit my Mega Millions lotto I can afford the fixed Maricopa floor plans at Laguna Altura  :)

bones said:
I think Orchard Hills may be priced more attractively than Laguna Altura:

405 access + proximity to Laguna Beach > 261 access + TUSD + "far away" feeling

but that may just be wishful thinking on my part

Maybe TIC is positioning OH for their higher end product, so as not to directly compete on price with the 5000 homes in the Great Park come 2013. Their only real competition in Irvine new construction $1M+ homes will be Lambert Ranch and few empty lots in Shady Canyon.

SecretGarden said:

It is difficult to predict the future when it comes to holding value. Looking at this board, it would appear many buyers like new or newer homes; thus older homes in areas like El Camino or Walnut may be shunned by some. But if you look at Turtle Rock (also old), their value is relatively high and has held up well. Every location will have it's pluses and minuses.

Orchard Hills:
(These are theoretical since OH isn't even built yet)
+Brand new construction with latest floor plan/designs
+Gated
+Some lots with view/Hill topography
+Good TUSD schools (some may say that is a negative not being IUSD--though I disagree)

-High price, high HOA, high MR
-Fire danger
-Small lots for the price
-Proximity to toll road

Stonegate:
+Relatively new homes & floor plans
+Cheaper homes than OH
+Good IUSD schools
+Several pocket parks & pools
+Not adjacent to a freeway or tollway

-Relatively higher MR
-No gate (? perceived as not as exclusive--though many buyers could care less)
-still small lots

NorthwoodPointe:
+Mostly gated communities
+Good IUSD schools
+Relatively larger lots
+Lower MR
+Cheaper than OH
+3 car garages (this one for IHO)

-Older homes & floor plans
-Only one master plan pool & public park (?only two others have their own sub-hoa pool)

iacrenter said:
bones said:

Maybe TIC is positioning OH for their higher end product, so as not to directly compete on price with the 5000 homes in the Great Park come 2013. Their only real competition in Irvine new construction $1M+ homes will be Lambert Ranch and few empty lots in Shady Canyon.

Traffic on the 405/5 around Irvine when those 5000 homes are built will be tremendous!  I hope it does not become like L.A. south where you have traffic even on a Saturday night at 11:00PM.

davenlei said:
iacrenter said:
bones said:

Traffic on the 405/5 around Irvine when those 5000 homes are built will be tremendous!  I hope it does not become like L.A. south where you have traffic even on a Saturday night at 11:00PM.

I predict Sand Canyon will become a more traveled artery than Jamboree when it's all said and done.

IndieDev said:
irvinehomeowner said:
IndieDev said:
I predict Sand Canyon will become a more traveled artery than Jamboree when it's all said and done.
Are they building an 85? there?

They have Asian Tapas (my wife hates it though).

I'm gonna lobby for Ding Tai Fung to open a branch at the Woodbury Town center.  That alone would increase property values by at least 5%. 

Got a call from Maricopa sales, looks like I'm on deck, going over today to look over phase 2 release.  Looks like a $700 increase over phase 1 base prices.  I'm going to pass since I still want to look over Cortona at LA.  Floor plan didn't change much, just want to get a feel of the LA area and see if the price is justified.  I'll mention how the master bath has better execution at Cortona and see if they'll feedback to corporate about it. 

ps99472 said:
Got a call from Maricopa sales, looks like I'm on deck, going over today to look over phase 2 release.  Looks like a $700 increase over phase 1 base prices.  I'm going to pass since I still want to look over Cortona at LA.  Floor plan didn't change much, just want to get a feel of the LA area and see if the price is justified.  I'll mention how the master bath has better execution at Cortona and see if they'll feedback to corporate about it. 
When did you register/pre-qualify with them? 

Back