Landscape & Hardscape for new Irvine homes....backyards & front yards.

er5b said:
@resortstyle, thanks for the clarification!  Will probably be contacting you guys soon. 

@eyephone, oh TI has already helped us a ton!  I've added and taken people off of my list after searching and reading past posts re: landscaping.  So far it's been hard to find a company willing to work with our style (looking for more contemporary/clean lines) and not trying to force us to accept theirs. 

It depends on your budget. Anything can be done.

What are you planning to have? (BBQ, water feature, fire pit)

That actually looks really nice.  It won't match my house though.  Maybe I'll keep it for reference for my next home next to Kobe in NC.  :p

er5b said:
Kind of like this... www.houzz.com/photos/6646338/Galatea-contemporary-patio-orange-county

seems like my previous comments have been deleted.. that is not very TI like.

For those Irvine homes that have smaller backyards, a little tranquility goes a long ways, creates the "wow" factor as well as building your homes value.  Water features create ambiance for the smaller yards as well as the bigger ones. 

resortbackyard said:
For those Irvine homes that have smaller backyards, a little tranquility goes a long ways, creates the "wow" factor as well as building your homes value.  Water features create ambiance for the smaller yards as well as the bigger ones. 

This is a must have feature to drown out the "ocean" sound coming from Cypress Village's Coastal view.

@resortbackyard, can you tell us how much the budget was for the water feature job in the picture you posted, and how many sq ft was their total yard size? 

I asked this in your other thread but it was never answered.

aquabliss said:
@resortbackyard, can you tell us how much the budget was for the water feature job in the picture you posted, and how many sq ft was their total yard size? 

So when you do your planning for your landscape, make sure get additional electrical outlets for the backyard. (Extra cost - only additional couple hundred dollars. That is what I was quoted for another landscaping company to install additional electrical outlets for the backyard)

Purchase a waterfall feature and then simply plug it in to the electrical outlet.

If your on a really tight budget, tell them to lay down pcp pipe under the pavers where you would like the future electrical outlet. (Make sure they cap the pipe)

aquabliss said:

I guess you're not monitoring this thread anymore. 

Hello,  my apologies.  I've been away on deadlines and didnt notice the posting.  Did you just want the cost for that water feature or the overall backyard?  Also, is their a certain sized backyard that you are trying to fit a water feature in?

resortbackyard said:
Hello,  my apologies.  I've been away on deadlines and didnt notice the posting.  Did you just want the cost for that water feature or the overall backyard?  Also, is their a certain sized backyard that you are trying to fit a water feature in?

Ok thx for the reply.  Probably better to know the cost of the entire yard including the water feature... I'd like a water feature in my yard but afraid it will be out of my budget by the time I landscape the rest of the yard.

This was a part of our luxury line.  The water feature was custom and was $25,000.  We can do smaller versions for much less as well. 

resortbackyard said:
This was a part of our luxury line.  The water feature was custom and was $25,000.  We can do smaller versions for much less as well.
Woah - sounds kind of high.

Wait, you asked if I wanted to know the cost of the water feature or the entire yard, then I responded with "the entire yard" and you gave only the cost of the water feature?  Or was that for the entire yard?  So confused.

Yes, this was a part of our luxury line and the water feature was all custom designed for the property and was $25,000.  This water feature was just one shot of a luxury estate home in where the entire job was $500,000.  However our typical water features starts at $3,500 and we've done backyards for as low as $6,000 and all the way upto luxury estates for over $1,000,000.  Hope this clears it up.

Yes and thanks for the follow up.  Will be getting quotes within the next 1-2 months and will be giving you a call.  Definitely won't be getting a $500,000 back yard :)

Back