Lambert Ranch: PS

NYT said:
Funkie said:
Not sure if it's really good for LR to have the "old Lambert Ranch home" in the center of its community.

Clearly, the Lamberts kept their old home in the of the community for themselves when they sold the rest of the land to TNHC and developed LR, and possibly signed the agreement to allow the cell tower to be placed on top of the LR. 

So, then end product is a community where you get a super sized cell tower at the top, landfill nearby, a really dated SFR w/ 4 car garage in the center (which doesn't blend in w/ the rest of the community).  No mello roos?  I think the residents are paying for the mello roos in other ways.

A few years after built out, the Lamberts now would like to sell the "old Lambert Ranch home", but can't get rid of it no matter how many times they lowered the price.  They should have just sold it to TNHC and made the whole community design better.

Not sure if Funkie is at all familiar with LR.

The old Lambert family home in the center of the community is a non-issue. It's not visible and you have to drive up a private driveway if you want to see it.

He "thinks" the residents are paying for MR in other ways. What other ways? The New Home Company paid off MR. So, yes, it's possible that the cost was incorporated into the price of the homes when they were originally sold. That said, the prices of the homes were quite good at the time for what you were getting. It's not like buyers paid a huge amount above and beyond the cost of a home in order not to pay MR for 30 years.

Landfill is a non-issue. I've lived here since the community opened, and I can recall only a single day when I smelled anything foul. I called the landfill, and they explained why there was the smell, and nothing since. A single day (for a few hours at that) in 4 years.

The Lambert sisters died, which is why the home is for sale. The home cannot be torn down and the lot subdivided. That's why it hasn't sold.

Maybe Funkie can learn a bit about the community before spouting off his opinions as facts.

Both NYT and esquire22 are homeowners of LR.  They are looking @ LR from the owners' point of view.  I am looking @ LR from a perspective buyer point of view.  Things are pretty clear @ this point.

Funkie said:
NYT said:
Funkie said:
Not sure if it's really good for LR to have the "old Lambert Ranch home" in the center of its community.

Clearly, the Lamberts kept their old home in the of the community for themselves when they sold the rest of the land to TNHC and developed LR, and possibly signed the agreement to allow the cell tower to be placed on top of the LR. 

So, then end product is a community where you get a super sized cell tower at the top, landfill nearby, a really dated SFR w/ 4 car garage in the center (which doesn't blend in w/ the rest of the community).  No mello roos?  I think the residents are paying for the mello roos in other ways.

A few years after built out, the Lamberts now would like to sell the "old Lambert Ranch home", but can't get rid of it no matter how many times they lowered the price.  They should have just sold it to TNHC and made the whole community design better.

The old Lambert family home in the center of the community is a non-issue. It's not visible and you have to drive up a private driveway if you want to see it.

He "thinks" the residents are paying for MR in other ways. What other ways? The New Home Company paid off MR. So, yes, it's possible that the cost was incorporated into the price of the homes when they were originally sold. That said, the prices of the homes were quite good at the time for what you were getting. It's not like buyers paid a huge amount above and beyond the cost of a home in order not to pay MR for 30 years.

Landfill is a non-issue. I've lived here since the community opened, and I can recall only a single day when I smelled anything foul. I called the landfill, and they explained why there was the smell, and nothing since. A single day (for a few hours at that) in 4 years.

The Lambert sisters died, which is why the home is for sale. The home cannot be torn down and the lot subdivided. That's why it hasn't sold.

Maybe Funkie can learn a bit about the community before spouting off his opinions as facts.

Both NYT and esquire22 are homeowners of LR.  They are looking @ LR from the owners' point of view.  I am looking @ LR from a perspective buyer point of view.  Things are pretty clear @ this point.

I think the market is the best gauge and it speaks for itself as the homes here do sell for a premium and they sell fairly quickly because it is gated and it has no MR.  LR may not be for Funkie, but he's quite off on his analysis. 

esquire22 said:
Funkie said:
NYT said:
Funkie said:

I think the market is the best gauge and it speaks for itself as the homes here do sell for a premium and they sell fairly quickly because it is gated and it has no MR.  LR may not be for Funkie, but he's quite off on his analysis.

LR has a nice setup, small community, similar size homes, no condos, gated, no MR, good floorplans.  If you can get a premium w/ the cell tower and landfill nearby, good for you. 
Good luck w/ your LR purchases.

So where would funkie buy or bought?
There's always something good and bad about any place anywhere

esquire22 said:
Funkie said:
NYT said:
Funkie said:

gated + no MR probably outweighs being next a landfill you can't see, for most buyers.  i can smell the landfill when driving down portola most days so i had to avoid that area.  it's not exactly like a 'trash' smell, more like recycled paper/funky water, like by that recycling facility next to the 91/57.

Back