Lambert Ranch in Irvine

akhwaja said:
jamboreedude said:
The Motor Court Company said:
For brand new homes under 1 million, despite the ugly layout and density, Cortona is the best bet in terms of resale value, as long as LA is zoned to University HS.

I know someone who bought a Cortona on Modena road for $960k based, and will probably spend about $50K for upgrades for a total of about $1.01 million.

The Cortona tract is now selling fast on Tesoro road.

These are real Single Family Residences. You won't find too many SFRs in Irvine in the future.

So better buy an SFR now or you will lose out.

Fast compared to what? The last time I checked (~1 week ago) Cortona had six homes available -- 4 from the latest phase and 2 from the previous phase. The models were deserted. LR models around the same time were teeming with people.

Laguna Altura will be a landmark and most sought after village as the years progress, especially after the Lake Forest extension road is completed.

jamboreedude said:
akhwaja said:
jamboreedude said:
For brand new homes under 1 million, despite the ugly layout and density, Cortona is the best bet in terms of resale value, as long as LA is zoned to University HS.

I know someone who bought a Cortona on Modena road for $960k based, and will probably spend about $50K for upgrades for a total of about $1.01 million.

These are real Single Family Residences. You won't find too many SFRs in Irvine in the future.

Fast compared to what? The last time I checked (~1 week ago) Cortona had six homes available -- 4 from the latest phase and 2 from the previous phase. The models were deserted. LR models around the same time were teeming with people.

Laguna Altura will be a landmark and most sought after village as the years progress, especially after the Lake Forest extension road is completed.
With comments like this, you are going to make everyone think you really are a TIC shill.  haha  My guess is that Lake Forest extension road will become a traffic nightmare and become a bottleneck for the 133. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Arman is a physician and he approved the risk of living next to a landfill then there should be no harm especially when you can't see it and it is nicely screened with trees.
I know you're trying to be funny and your statement might be tongue-in-cheek, but there's a level of douchebaggery in some of your posts.  Just saying.

USCTrojanCPA said:
jamboreedude said:
akhwaja said:
jamboreedude said:

With comments like this, you are going to make everyone think you really are a TIC shill.  haha  My guess is that Lake Forest extension road will become a traffic nightmare and become a bottleneck for the 133.

Let's just say I bought an SFR over there and knows someone who did also. So it's natural for me to promote the development. I truly believe it will be a success many years to come. As for Lambert Ranch, the landfill is a killer for me and others.

disagree TMMC - arman hasnt really promoted LR as much as defended it.  also, no one on TI has said LR will appreciate more or be the best thing since sliced bread.  jamboreedude keeps saying LA will be the best...

in any case, no issues with people promoting the villages they live in or want to live in but their has to be some reality and explanation.  not sure how any one can think there will no longer be true SFRs on the ranch after LA and how LA will be the most sought after area.  there are positives for LA but definitely a slew of negatives just like LR has.

jamboreedude said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
jamboreedude said:
akhwaja said:
jamboreedude said:

Let's just say I bought an SFR over there and knows someone who did also. So it's natural for me to promote the development. I truly believe it will be a success many years to come. As for Lambert Ranch, the landfill is a killer for me and others.
Ok, fair enough but as you can tell there are a handful of us on here that like to give shill posters a hard time.  lol  Enjoy your new LA home. 

jamboreedude is promoting LA as hard as Arman is promoting LR. It is only natural for jamboreedude to trash talk LR and Arman to attack LA.

I don't attack LA in particular, but I do have a dislike for just about any current or recent product from TIC. I so wanted to like LA when they first opened, but their floor plans are simply boring. It may be exactly what someone else needs, but for me, a box is not a home I'd enjoy spending time in. I promote LR partly because I'm buying there and think there are some genuine positives about the place, partly because it seems that some people on here can't see any of the good in any community whatsoever, and partly because thus far, everyone at TNHC has been a pleasure to work with. And that's from the initial visit, a level of comfort that I haven't felt with any other sales reps, whether from TIC or not, even compared with my prior home purchase 10 years ago. So, yes, I'm going to promote/defend LR, and it's a reflection of how I genuinely feel about the place.

Arman said:
jamboreedude is promoting LA as hard as Arman is promoting LR. It is only natural for jamboreedude to trash talk LR and Arman to attack LA.

I don't attack LA in particular, but I do have a dislike for just about any current or recent product from TIC. I so wanted to like LA when they first opened, but their floor plans are simply boring. It may be exactly what someone else needs, but for me, a box is not a home I'd enjoy spending time in. I promote LR partly because I'm buying there and think there are some genuine positives about the place, partly because it seems that some people on here can't see any of the good in any community whatsoever, and partly because thus far, everyone at TNHC has been a pleasure to work with. And that's from the initial visit, a level of comfort that I haven't felt with any other sales reps, whether from TIC or not, even compared with my prior home purchase 10 years ago. So, yes, I'm going to promote/defend LR, and it's a reflection of how I genuinely feel about the place.
From the experience that my two buyers and I had with TNHC over in Woodbury, I can tell you that are you in good hands.  Their customer service was top notch and they were a pleasure to work with.  My main contact on those transactions was Jeff Golden and I still keep in touch with him to this day, a great guy to work with.

jamboreedude said:
As for Lambert Ranch, the landfill is a killer for me and others.
Lambert Ranch is not perfect.  I hate the landfill also.  But, I hate the landfill less than I hate the density, architecture, recycled floor plans, location right off the 133, and especially the layout with the "poor" ppl on one side in their motorcourt homes and the "rich" folk on the other side next to the pool of LA.  I also hate driving into LA and seeing a big wall, poor ppl turn left, rich ppl turn right.  LA is zoned to "better" schools but aren't we splitting hairs between Stonegate vs Alderwood and Northwood vs Uni?  Also, I do like the closer location to Laguna Beach vs Portola and I'm sure at least a couple of degrees cooler in the summer.

My wife and I were so excited when LA opened.  We were the highest of the high on the interest and pre-qual list.  We wanted to love it.  It just didn't feel right to us.  Seemed too secluded and segregated and the lots are tiny even by TIC standards.  We were so sad that LA didn't appeal to us cuz we wanted to love it so badly and had been looking for so long.

I'm genuinely happy that you're excited about moving to LA.  I know a couple of families moving there, mainly for Alderwood and Uni, and I'm excited for them also.  We all choose which compromises we can live with and what feels right to us.

BTW, I would have also guessed TIC shill if you hadn't come clean about being a buyer at LA.  Congrats on the purchase.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Both locations suck and I hate both of them. Turtle Rock is the best.
<sigh>. Do you ever have anything of value to add?  Or is hating the only trick you know.  Actually, I take that back, you don't hate on the Turtles.  No, I take back the last statement cuz you hate on the Turtle prices. 

Turtle Rock by far has the larger lot sizes and well balanced with open space, topography and natural landscape. El Camino and old northwood have the largest lots in all of Irvine but the landscape in the neighborhoods is too rigid, engineered and predictable therefore I hate them. Woodbridge is much more affordable with density driven products but laid in a non gridded and a much pleasant picturesque manner along curvilinear streets and echoes the soft edges of the lakes. I can't afford any of them and just being a sour grape living in a cardboard box clustered around a shopping-cart court. Allow me to dream here wishing that someday I too can be in your class being able to afford an over priced home on Cal Tran properties.

OCgasman said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Both locations suck and I hate both of them. Turtle Rock is the best.
<sigh>. Do you ever have anything of value to add?  Or is hating the only trick you know.  Actually, I take that back, you don't hate on the Turtles.  No, I take back the last statement cuz you hate on the Turtle prices. 

Patrick J. Star said:
OCgasman said:
BTW, I would have also guessed TIC shill if you hadn't come clean about being a buyer at LA.  Congrats on the purchase.

I think all of you junior shills are a bunch of rookies.  If I were a prospective buyer very interested in either Lambert or Laguna Altura the LAST thing I would be doing (unless I were employed by their sales team) is pounding my chest about how great the community was.  As a matter of fact, if I wanted to buy at either I'd be on this board and any other OC housing board howling about the negatives, tamping down the energy of others to go in and bid it up. The less interest in the community the better position you are to have pricing power over the builder.

Just saying.
you can try to have a massive negative campaign to bring down their prices but its just not realistic.  the people who read these boards are such a small group that it wont really make a diff.  the only thing you will do with that strategy is make yourself doubt what you like.

it looks like new SFRs are going up on rinaldi....lets help those buyers by thrashing PR.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Turtle Rock by far has the larger lot sizes and well balanced with open space, topography and natural landscape. El Camino and old northwood have the largest lots in all of Irvine but the landscape in the neighborhoods is too rigid, engineered and predictable therefore I hate them. Woodbridge is much more affordable with density driven products but laid in a non gridded and a much pleasant picturesque manner along curvilinear streets and echoes the soft edges of the lakes.
This is well thought out and I would welcome engaging you on the pros and cons of Turtle Rock.  In fact, I will comment.  I love Turtle Rock's lot sizes.  We looked at the area.  Zoned to great schools.  Close to everything.  What we don't like is a formal living and dining room...we want a great room.  Also, the landscaping in most of the resales needed major renovation to turn it into something we would like, not to mention the kitchens, bathrooms and flooring.  All told, we would have to purchase an already pricey home and then basically gut the inside and outside to the tune of over 300k plus.  Not a great value proposition for us. 

But then you follow up your lucid, helpful comment with this self-righteous, defensive, passive-aggressive drivel.  It's actually your M.O. And very predictable, but still unwelcome.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I can't afford any of them and just being a sour grape living in a cardboard box clustered around a shopping-cart court. Allow me to dream here wishing that someday I too can be in your class being able to afford an over priced home on Cal Tran properties.

Interesting! The reason for the great room is due to the lack of property size in depth and width to fit the formal spaces. Many homes in Turtle Rock have formal living and dining rooms in addition to the Family/nook/kitchen to the rear of the home with view and access to the rear yard. How is the Family/Nook/ kitchen different from today's great room ? Many of the homes have 3CWG too. If you think the formal living and dining is wasteful that is one thing but you think the preferred lifestyle  of today is a great room then why wouldn't the family/nook/ kitchen combo satisfy todays lifestyle?

irvinehomeshopper said:
Interesting! The reason for the great room is due to the lack of property size in depth and width to fit the formal spaces. Many homes in Turtle Rock have formal living and dining rooms in addition to the Family/nook/kitchen to the rear of the home with view and access to the rear yard. How is the Family/Nook/ kitchen different from today's great room ? Many of the homes have 3CWG too. If you think the formal living and dining is wasteful that is one thing but you think the preferred lifestyle  of today is a great room then why wouldn't the family/nook/ kitchen combo satisfy todays lifestyle?

Again more drivel. IHS knows nothing about home/neighborhood design, location, nor can afford to live in Lambert Ranch.

OCGasMan/Arman - landfill, jail, cell tower, boonie location, yada yada yada...I've heard enough from these haters. We know the only thing that matters is sleeping during the day so our significant other can work...priceless. I don't care if my house is in the landfill, in the jail yard, as long as it has a good floorplan and zoned to IUSD who cares right?

Good luck on re-sale. You two are mikeirvine 2012...haven't heard from him since 2010.

Back