Lakers News

Here we go again!

Rumor and not confirmed yet, many analysts that were pinned on the bleacher reports app indicated in the works or almost done.
Lakers trading for Westrbrook  :eek:

(Start planning for the parade route boyz!)

Having a primary ball handler that can score in the paint effectively forces teams to not double AD or Lebron. It can work well the question is who can they get on vet minimum and MLE? They will likely bring back Caruso and THT since they can retain them while over cap.

Dwight Howard coming back! Jeff Green? Camelo?

This team is going to be so old.

Westbrick will not help Lebron and AD at all. All 3 rely on being dominant in the paint. Lebron and AD need 3 point shooters, not a dude that grabs triple doubles. I can see how other teams can contain the Lakers by simply clogging up the paint. Not like defensive 3 second gets called much nowadays in the league. If Lakers could have traded AD for Damian Lillard, I would totally do it. AD is barely healthy anyway and has already gotten the Lakers a ring. Would have been best to part ways with him tbh. Not to mention we gave away KCP as part of the trade who has actually been the only consistent shooter in the Lakers.

I think the trade is underrated. Kuzma was an underachiever, KCP was decent and Harrell was a bust. Westbrook is a net increase in talent.

Westbrook should help Lebron lighten his load. Ultimately it will come down to whether AD is healthy or not.

qwerty said:
I think the trade is underrated. Kuzma was an underachiever, KCP was decent and Harrell was a bust. Westbrook is a net increase in talent.

Westbrook should help Lebron lighten his load. Ultimately it will come down to whether AD is healthy or not.
Do you think Harrell was a bust or was it because Vogel didn't know how to utilize Harrell effectively? I agree with Kuzma being an underachiever. Getting Westbrook will help by having a primary ball handler which LA needs but it can't be at the expense of a consistent 3 and D player like KCP. Lakers need more 3 pt shooters to space the floor out to avoid teams clogging up the paint.

the grade is inconclusive to see how the Lakers can utilize Schroeder. If they can S+T him for trade exception to be used later to absorb bad contract or a useful piece (like the the previously rumored Buddy Held), that it is good. Otherwise they are hard-capped and losing Schroeder for nothing will hurt their flexibility to sign shooters.

qwerty said:

Yup Kuzma looked nervous and confused last season. Westbrook is a tripple double machine.

The California Court Company said:
the grade is inconclusive to see how the Lakers can utilize Schroeder. If they can S+T him for trade exception to be used later to absorb bad contract or a useful piece (like the the previously rumored Buddy Held), that it is good. Otherwise they are hard-capped and losing Schroeder for nothing will hurt their flexibility to sign shooters.

With Schroeder being a free agent, any team with cap room has no incentive to trade for him when they can sign him outright. Unless there is a team who doesn?t thane cap space that wants him and he wants to go there not sure a sign and trade gets done

sleepy5136 said:
Westbrick will not help Lebron and AD at all. All 3 rely on being dominant in the paint. Lebron and AD need 3 point shooters, not a dude that grabs triple doubles. I can see how other teams can contain the Lakers by simply clogging up the paint. Not like defensive 3 second gets called much nowadays in the league. If Lakers could have traded AD for Damian Lillard, I would totally do it. AD is barely healthy anyway and has already gotten the Lakers a ring. Would have been best to part ways with him tbh. Not to mention we gave away KCP as part of the trade who has actually been the only consistent shooter in the Lakers.

You are thinking about the offense incorrectly. We don't need Westbrook for his shooting, which he lacks. AD is stretching the floor with Westbrook being dominant on the inside. I guarantee you that AD is going slide to 5 with LBJ at the 4. With Westbrook being a dominant rebounding PG it frees up AD from having to bang on the inside which is his weakness. AD is a finesse player. He will stretch the floor against traditional 5s with midrange, 3s, and his mobility to slash to the rim. This is a net positive trade for the Lakers. Just need standard 3&D players for minimum.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

Yup Kuzma looked nervous and confused last season. Westbrook is a tripple double machine.

I can't blame Kuzma. His expectation for his role from week to week kept changing based on injuries. He was being asked to not shoot at all to shooting 20 shots a game because the offense was not consistent.

Cares said:
sleepy5136 said:

You are thinking about the offense incorrectly. We don't need Westbrook for his shooting, which he lacks. AD is stretching the floor with Westbrook being dominant on the inside. I guarantee you that AD is going slide to 5 with LBJ at the 4. With Westbrook being a dominant rebounding PG it frees up AD from having to bang on the inside which is his weakness. AD is a finesse player. He will stretch the floor against traditional 5s with midrange, 3s, and his mobility to slash to the rim. This is a net positive trade for the Lakers. Just need standard 3&D players for minimum.
The Lakers had always been dominant in the paint before Westbrook even came into the picture. The Lakers simply need more outside shooting which it currently lacks. Rebounding was also never an issue with the Lakers since they are quite big with AD/Lebron/Drummond. Having a triple double machine does not accomplish any of their needs besides getting a big name and a ball handler that can?t shoot to save his life.

He?s honestly not that much better than Ben Simmons at this rate. Funny thing is his shots were somewhat reliable back in OKC. Don?t know what the heck happened to him after leaving okc.

Drummond and Gasol were complete liabilities on offense. They were only good for their rebounding. With Westbrook you still retain rebounding and actually gain a dog perimeter defender.

Cares said:
Drummond and Gasol were complete liabilities on offense. They were only good for their rebounding. With Westbrook you still retain rebounding and actually gain a dog perimeter defender.

I think Gasol has a player option. I?m guessing he will exercise if he has not already. Drummond seemed like a disappointment and IHO and myself are faster that Gasol. I hope neither are Lakers next year.

Cares said:
You mean defense? I honestly think the players are decent. Gasol should have been enough to be a back up center for AD. I have a feeling Vogel isn't getting enough blame for the Lakers lack of adjustments in the playoffs this season.

I think the Lakers didn't appreciate Dwight Howard. He didn't need to be Orlando's version. He did exactly what he was suppose to do. Defend, rebound, and maybe 5-10 ppg. That is what the lakers need as a backup for AD as well as additional 3pt shooters.

sleepy5136 said:
Cares said:
You mean defense? I honestly think the players are decent. Gasol should have been enough to be a back up center for AD. I have a feeling Vogel isn't getting enough blame for the Lakers lack of adjustments in the playoffs this season.

I think the Lakers didn't appreciate Dwight Howard. He didn't need to be Orlando's version. He did exactly what he was suppose to do. Defend, rebound, and maybe 5-10 ppg. That is what the lakers need as a backup for AD as well as additional 3pt shooters.

No I meant liabilities on offense. They cannot create any shots on their own. Drummond is known as butter fingers.

Lakers need more outside shooting, so they trade their better shooters for a bad shooter.

Lakers need better FT%, Russ shot 66% last year. :(

But, he's an LA guy and he'll play hard for the Lakers.

Back