Lakers News

Jordan Clarkson already played 2 Summer Leagues, but there were rumors he would play this summer too.

I don't think there is an official limit, but maybe they are trying to limit Randle's court time as he has an injury plagued history.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Why isn't Julius Randle playing with the Lakers summer league this year?

Shouldn't he?

He should be. The argument is, you typically play only two summer leagues, and he has. So long as he's working on his game this summer, I guess it's fine. Let DLo and Ingram shine.

He only played one full season.

He played the full summer league his first season - injured in first regular season game. Then played summer league again in his second season.

1 full season and 1 game in the previous season.
I feel that he should work on his jumper and play against competition during the summer.

Didn't he play summer league his rookie year.. got hurt first game.  Then played last year?  or did he still have to get over the injury.

Randle has played in 2 Summer Leagues (the one before he got injured in the first game of the regular season and the one after that).

That's what Perspective is referring to where the unofficial limit is to play in only 2 Summer Leagues.

Just saw highlights of today's Lakers Summer League game.  Yeah I know it's meaningless, but both Russell and Ingram looked good.  I have high hopes for both of them. 

Zubac looked great too! mitch with the steal again
Ingram reminds me so much of KD.  His defense is further along than kd was at the same age

DLo wasn't hanging-out on the perimeter jackin' 3s, like last season. His usage rate will increase dramatically without Old Kobe on the floor dominating the ball. If last night's game is any indication, DLo will be filling the stat sheet.

That alone is great news, but Ingram's debut couldn't have been better. He didn't force anything. His handles at his height are rare. His effort on D was great. I couldn't have been more impressed, but I am a Laker homer. Ingram has multiple All Star appearances in his future. He's a Laker, so like Kobe in just his second year and not even starting, Ingram could get voted into the All Star Game by fans soon.

Nance looked awesome too. He keeps reminding me more and more of a young Amare Stoudamire - big who leaps 40"+ making monstrous dunks and blocks.

Zubac's activity was promising too. He might actually play a bit this year.

Perspective said:
DLo wasn't hanging-out on the perimeter jackin' 3s, like last season. His usage rate will increase dramatically without Old Kobe on the floor dominating the ball. If last night's game is any indication, DLo will be filling the stat sheet.

That alone is great news, but Ingram's debut couldn't have been better. He didn't force anything. His handles at his height are rare. His effort on D was great. I couldn't have been more impressed, but I am a Laker homer. Ingram has multiple All Star appearances in his future. He's a Laker, so like Kobe in just his second year and not even starting, Ingram could get voted into the All Star Game by fans soon.

Nance looked awesome too. He keeps reminding me more and more of a young Amare Stoudamire - big who leaps 40"+ making monstrous dunks and blocks.

This may sound funny. But I think Nance has more upside than Randle.

eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Doesn't sound funny at all.  He might already be better.  He as that 'it' quality.

Two debuts.. both Ingram and Simmons look terrific.  I think they are both as advertised. 

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Doesn't sound funny at all.  He might already be better.  He as that 'it' quality.

Agreed as well. He reminds me alot of Draymond Green
He's developing his outside shot, but the hustle/energy/motor/passing are all there

eyephone said:
Perspective said:

Timely opinion. Larry Nance' line tonight:

13 pts
8 rebs
7 stls
4 blks

Two monster dunks and made 1 of his 2 threes. Goodness gracious. He may be our starting 4.

With ball dominant players like DLo, Clarkson, and Ingram, Nance is clearly a better fit for this core. Randle works well using his handle to take bigs to the rack, whereas Nance works without the ball crashing the boards and slashing to the basket without the ball.

Back