Lafayettein Stonegate by Richmond??

Late in responding, but I bought at Lafayette. None of the landscaping is included. One side of the home should be walled off and the other (closest to the garage) should be a fence. I might be wrong about this. Either way, it's included. I did most of my upgrades through the builder. Prices weren't too bad. Obviously, you can get this stuff cheaper with 3rd party contractors, but I didn't want the headache of managing their work and/or losing out on the warranty.

ChasingRainbows said:
Anyone on TI purchase at Lafayette? Would like to know which upgrades you went with through the builder. Does builder provides front yard landscaping and side gates?

One of my clients was looking to buy a Lafeyette Plan 2 but I got them into a resale property in Stonegate.  If they didn't find a resale home, they would have bought there. 

We bought a home at Lafayette recently after much delay due to construction, gas meters, city inspections, etc. Overall the home is built nicely but we do see a few issues that need to be addressed. We opened service requests but the issues are not attended to even after two weeks. I think Richmond team is struggling with resources mainly due to their aggressive rollout plan.

Has anyone on TI bought at Lafayette? Please share your experiences so far - any issues with construction quality? Thanks in advance.

Coworker just bought there and they are having all sorts of issues.  The biggest issue was the builder forgot to put sealant around the windows and doors that when the rain hit hard this past week, they experienced all sorts of leaking in their new place.

Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing the information, we didn't have any leakage so far. I will have to watch for that.

Yeah, I bought there and they are slow in addressing the requested fixes. They were really delayed and they rushed the builds at the end of the year so they can hit their numbers. Probably explains why the leaks happened on some of the properties.

I'll be sure to keep you all posted on how they are doing with us and what the owner sentiment is like. They have a lot more properties to sell, so I'm sure they'll get all of us taken care of.

Back