La Vita at Orchard Hills

ps9 said:
These motorcourts, so far, seem to be priced a bit higher than its similar SFR siblings (high 1 mil vs mid 1 mil).  Why would buyer pay more for motorcourt? 

The view, view lots?

ps9 said:
Off all the Orchard Hills products, these floorplans are the ones I truly want to walk through.  Maybe not to buy but just to enjoy something different.  These motorcourts, so far, seem to be priced a bit higher than its similar SFR siblings (high 1 mil vs mid 1 mil).  Why would buyer pay more for motorcourt?

Cuz they can buy numerous homes at the first few phases, wait a year or two and sell them all for  profit.  Easy money when there are people who are willing to pay the higher prices.  It's nice when you are sitting ontop of millions of liquid cash.

Wow, Plan 1 is the only Plan with an upstairs Master?  This kills it for most families with young children and not the best option for resale either.

I saw these on Thurs along with TNHC homes.  La Vita was a virtual ghost town compared to the throngs of ppl at TNHC.  The floor plans are nice.  But the motorcourt kills it.  Who the hell would pay that kinda money for a motorcourt?!  Epic fail on the motorcourt design.  Also, great views off the back houses into...wait for it...the apartments below.  I predict major street parking problems for owners and guests.  Stupid and an obvious money grab.  Brookfield, you're better than this.  I see these languishing on the market and predict major upgrade incentives to move this product.

OCgasman said:
I saw these on Thurs along with TNHC homes.  La Vita was a virtual ghost town compared to the throngs of ppl at TNHC.  The floor plans are nice.  But the motorcourt kills it.  Who the hell would pay that kinda money for a motorcourt?!  Epic fail on the motorcourt design.  Also, great views off the back houses into...wait for it...the apartments below.  I predict major street parking problems for owners and guests.  Stupid and an obvious money grab.  Brookfield, you're better than this.  I see these languishing on the market and predict major upgrade incentives to move this product.

What about Capella/Vicenza/Messina?  Were they ghost towns like La Vita?

ps9 said:
OCgasman said:

What about Capella/Vicenza/Messina?  Were they ghost towns like La Vita?
I wasn't invited to preview these and not sure if they had a preview.  I did not go thru prequal for those.  I'll go look at these today along with all the other minions.  I know ppl are down on KB and justifiably so based on their rep, but I'm intrigued with the floor plans.  Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing all the Grove homes.  Man, hope it's not too much of a zoo today.

Siteplan and Guide
(sorry that this is split into 2 posts; TalkIrvine would not let me post them all at once.  :-[)

Attachments

• 1.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
Siteplan and Guide
(sorry that this is split into 2 posts; TalkIrvine would not let me post them all at once.  :-[)

Attachments

• 2.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 231
Here's a better map.

2jc9grq.jpg

Visited there yesterday. Nearly everybody in the bus left to see La Vita (hopefully not for the organic practically 2-pound cup ice cream). You do have views (except for Plan 3), except that you look down to the apartments. Yards are huge! I liked the Plan 4 immensely, especially with the interior courtyard, outdoor staircase, and glistening pool. It was funny how there was a salesperson in every single home (all of the homes in Orchard Hills had a salesperson waiting there at the kitchen island). People were emptying the refrigerator for the water bottles, emptying jars for fruits and almonds, and plucking fake apples from the scales behind the salesperson's back (not joking). There were expensive suits in the walk-in closets. I wonder if the tram and the salesperson in every room was because they didn't want anybody to steal things from the models (especially Trevi). HOA is $279 per month, the overall tax rate is approximately 1.5% (not bad), and the Phase One Move-Ins are in December.

TRUE motor courts, only available in Irvine!

Cluster court of seven homes around a turnaround, hope every one gets along!

Are they tight next to each other?

So if you are the homes in the middle, you have to passby your neighbors home everytime you are leaving and, vice versa?

Do they have nice views at least? Or are you literally only seeing the top of the apartments below?

nytransplant said:
Are these true motor courts, i.e. no parking on the street right outside your house?

Are there fake motor courts?

BTW the motor courts in Pacific Ridge resale for more than the non-motor courts.

test said:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,2917.msg71580.html#msg71580

La Vita is the only product offering worth buying at OH.  Everything else at OH is just more of the same.

1) Outstanding Italian Tuscan architecture and floor plans.
2) Motor courts cement the upscale feel since your driveway isn't directly off the main road.
3) Almost all of the lots are view lots.

Back