La Vita at Orchard Hills

Ready2Downsize said:
49 Sunset Cove should sell super quick in that case. A neighbor of mine went to see it this weekend and said he didn't want to spend over $2 million. The realtor told him he's very close to the asking price (well........ 150K short is very close I guess) and the price has a lot of "movement" in it whatever that means AND the seller is willing to include all the furniture.

Not sure what super high end curtain rods imported from Germany look like, but the lucky buyer gets to have them already installed. LOL!

49 Sunset Cove is a inner court plan 3 that has No-view with a lower Elevation side.  I guess you see some orchards.  I think there is one last plan 3 with inner court/non-view available that fell out of escrow at $1.72 million (Dec built out).  This one has higher elevation.  The price includes options so that might be a better buy.  However, to make it into 49 Sunset CV, you probably need to spend additional $100k + furniture and d?cor accents.
49 Sunset Cove was nicely done especially the landscaping. 

Is Bad "4" being in front of the address bad? I thought if the address number ended with 4 was bad.  I guess you end up dead with 4 at the end.

LOL! I was told when I was buying the home I have now to avoid any house numbered "4" or "13" by doctors of Chinese decent but they specifically told me it was ONLY a plain 4, not anything that had a four in it. They said they would add numbers up to get to the final number which is why they don't like 13 (1+3 = 4).

I'd have to ask them if you added 4 +9 and got 13 if that was something to avoid.

Ready2Downsize said:
LOL! I was told when I was buying the home I have now to avoid any house numbered "4" or "13" by doctors of Chinese decent but they specifically told me it was ONLY a plain 4, not anything that had a four in it. They said they would add numbers up to get to the final number which is why they don't like 13 (1+3 = 4).

I'd have to ask them if you added 4 +9 and got 13 if that was something to avoid.

What about 16? The square root of that is 4. You might die then too, no?

" plan 4 is adjacent  to the Phase 1 plan 4 (Lot 19) with the base price at $1.7-$1.8mm "

It was fun to check all the prices, thanks Goriot.  Looks like Lot 19 closed for 1.945.  Lot 50 which is also a plan 4 however closed for 1.77m, how come?  Even the plan 4s that back to the toll road closed for higher

So the investment play here is to buy the cheapest one and then let your Plan 4 neighbor five steps away from you drive the prices up.

#Piazzanomics

Irvine Dream said:
Lot 50 which is also a plan 4 however closed for 1.77m, how come?  Even the plan 4s that back to the toll road closed for higher

Lot 50 was released in phase 2, which was released a month after phase 1. The plan 4s closest to the toll road were released several months later in phase 5.

Villager said:
Irvine Dream said:
Lot 50 which is also a plan 4 however closed for 1.77m, how come?  Even the plan 4s that back to the toll road closed for higher

Lot 50 was released in phase 2, which was released a month after phase 1. The plan 4s closest to the toll road were released several months later in phase 5.
Thanks, that makes sense and I guess then Lot 50 purchaser is the biggest winner there
+wishIwereYou

Just wanted to correct the "not in the know crowd"! The last two plan 4 homes at La Vita sold at a base price of $2.8 mm and $2.7 mm and this is not including options/upgrades. BTW, the prices for the options/upgrades go up as well and they have since phase 1 release.

Also wanted to mention that the lot sizes for the last two plan 4s were the smaller lots, less than 12,000 square feet which sold for $2.8 mm and $2.7 mm.

So in summary, all you "I don't like the motor courts or piazza fools" are completely wrong about La Vita because the base price has gone up by over $1 million dollars since phase 1 and there is much more demand than supply (for plan 2 and 4). The last phase which will sell the model home plan 4, will probably sell above $3.5 mm given that its fully furnished and has a swimming pool, and its the largest view lot approx. 12,500 square feet.

Also cannot believe the racism here on this blog? So you live in Orange County and you don't like FCBs (Chinese)? Why You Mad Bro? Because they have cash and can buy La Vita without financing?   

Home Buyer said:
Also wanted to mention that the lot sizes for the last two model 4s were the smaller lots, less than 12,000 square feet which sold for $2.8 mm and $2.7 mm.

I find it interesting how the larger lot in the phase release (~11,750 sqft) sold for $2.7M and the smaller lot of the phase release (~10,150 sqft) sold for $2.8M. The view from the smaller lot has to be amazing (which it is) to warrant that kind of pricing.

I honestly think the views are a bit over rated. Its not like we have sea views or anything spectacular. I went for lot size away from the Toll Road but purchased plan 4 on lot that is over 12,000 square feet and will focus on landscaping and putting in a nice swimming pool and outdoor barbeque area. 

Home Buyer said:
I honestly think the views are a bit over rated. Its not like we have sea views or anything spectacular. I went for lot size away from the Toll Road but purchased plan 4 on lot that is over 12,000 square feet and will focus on landscaping and putting in a nice swimming pool and outdoor barbeque area.
I think I might know which lot you're talking about... and if my assumption is true, congratulations on your purchase! But you have to realize that the views on Sunset Cove are not all made equal. The plan 4 that sold for $2.8M is near the "peak" of Sunset Cove, and the orientation of the lot provides for a more panoramic city-light/Catalina view. (The most elevated homes in La Vita were actually sold in phase 1... go figure). The lot on which I'm assuming your house is sitting on is on the decline of Sunset Cove, and the curve of the street causes the house to be more oriented toward the hills than the city-lights. But then again, when you have a 12,500 sqft lot like yours (again, assuming my hunch is correct), the view is just an accessory!

Attachments

• La Vita.jpg
    La Vita.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 299
lnc said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
Looks like someone backed out of 1 Sunset. Anyone know the story behind this? Awesome address.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1-Sunset-Cv_Irvine_CA_92602_M27912-10641

Agree with the address, cool address.

Actually,  I kind of like this one.  It's Kind of close to the toll road but it's located at end of cul-de-sac.

1 Sunset Cove is the one with the green tag in the pic below.

Thats the one. I remember it was sold a few months back. Wonder what happen to the buyers. I"m thinking this should go relatively quickly.

Goriot said:
Ready2Downsize said:
49 Sunset Cove should sell super quick in that case. A neighbor of mine went to see it this weekend and said he didn't want to spend over $2 million. The realtor told him he's very close to the asking price (well........ 150K short is very close I guess) and the price has a lot of "movement" in it whatever that means AND the seller is willing to include all the furniture.

Not sure what super high end curtain rods imported from Germany look like, but the lucky buyer gets to have them already installed. LOL!

Do you know what happen with 49 Sunset Cove? I don't see it avail on MLS.
49 Sunset Cove is a inner court plan 3 that has No-view with a lower Elevation side.  I guess you see some orchards.  I think there is one last plan 3 with inner court/non-view available that fell out of escrow at $1.72 million (Dec built out).  This one has higher elevation.  The price includes options so that might be a better buy.  However, to make it into 49 Sunset CV, you probably need to spend additional $100k + furniture and d?cor accents.
49 Sunset Cove was nicely done especially the landscaping. 

Is Bad "4" being in front of the address bad? I thought if the address number ended with 4 was bad.  I guess you end up dead with 4 at the end.

Irvine Fanatic said:
Looks like someone backed out of 1 Sunset. Anyone know the story behind this? Awesome address.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1-Sunset-Cv_Irvine_CA_92602_M27912-10641

Few have been falling off escrow at LV.  Probably Chinese are having tough time bringing cash out of the country with government raining down on Capital Outflows at the moment (limiting cash withdraws at ATM, shutting down underground banks, Yuan depreciation, etc.).

But, this one is only 5,000 sqft lot (avg lot is 6,000+ at LV) and its backing Settlers street.  Settlers will be busy once full built out.  It's also on the lowest elevation side of LV.  But, No home behind and Cul-de-sac which is very nice.

Wow, it's been a while since reading posts on La Vita....probably b/c I moved into my Plan 4 several months ago and have been too busy trying to unpack.

Seems to be a lot of naysayers on the piazza. Frankly, it's not for everyone but I found it appealing. If fact, in speaking to folks that live in the community, the piazza was a distinguishing characteristic versus the other 7 builders in the community. Not to mention the fact that people were impressed with the layout. Outside of Trevi, it's hard to distinguish the other homes in the community.

I agree with what somebody mentioned about the builder doing the landscape in the front. While I might have added a bit more character to the front landscape, at least it's consistent. In my previous community, the association didn't strictly enforce the landscape rules and there was some questionable work done. 

I live close the toll road but never really hear the traffic. I suppose if I opened my windows, maybe I'd hear it more, otherwise the majority of my time spent at home is very peaceful.

Bottom line is that within every housing community, each distinct builder will not appeal to all buyers. Brookfield only needed to appeal to 72 buyers of the thousands searching for a new place to call home. I'm glad I got a plan 4.

Happy Holidays.

Goriot said:
Irvine Fanatic said:

Few have been falling off escrow at LV.  Probably Chinese are having tough time bringing cash out of the country with government raining down on Capital Outflows at the moment (limiting cash withdraws at ATM, shutting down underground banks, Yuan depreciation, etc.).

But, this one is only 5,000 sqft lot (avg lot is 6,000+ at LV) and its backing Settlers street.  Settlers will be busy once full built out.  It's also on the lowest elevation side of LV.  But, No home behind and Cul-de-sac which is very nice.

So I hear this one fell out due to financing.  There is apparently another one falling out.  Other than that I have not heard of any others falling out...  Which "few" have you seen fall out?

Back