Junk fooding

Carl's Jr. Loaded Breakfast Burrito for me (although the Jack's one is good too).

But nothing beats the ones you can get at greasy spoon/diners.

Had a 1/4 # big bite and lg coke slurpee the other day.  Brought back memories.  Too bad they didn't have a SFII machine.  That would've been the ultimate trip down memory lane, also need that little Asian kid that beats me up with dragon-punch-at-anytime Ryu.

i used to love the big bite hot dogs at 7-11 when i was younger. havent had one in a very long time. i still get slurpees though. pina colada is my favorite, then coke.

My favorite food at 7-11 is the nachos with chili, cheese and onions (and now they have sour cream).

Reminds me of football practice where I would go there between 2-a-days and then not feel very good during the 2nd session.

yeah their nachos used to be really good.  havent had those in a while either. but i would get big bites, put the cheese sauce on them, then get the nachos, flood them in cheese. one bite of the dog, the one nacho and wash it down with the slurpee. then repeat.  the good old days.

qwerty said:
yeah their nachos used to be really good.  havent had those in a while either. but i would get big bites, put the cheese sauce on them, then get the nachos, flood them in cheese. one bite of the dog, the one nacho and wash it down with the slurpee. then repeat.  the good old days.

I hope you don't eat that everyday.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:

I hope you don't eat that everyday.

Unfortunately it's been a while. I'm 37. In my high school years I used to eat that. I think the last time I had that was in my early 20's.

Drive by the Taco Bell on barranca the other day and I saw they had a quesalupa.  I just stopped by to try it right now and it's heaven. It's a tortilla that is stuffed with cheese then fried to a golden crisp then the inside is just beef, lettuce tomatos and some sauce. I checked the tacobell website and didn't see it there. Then I did a general google search and found nothing. The barranca is a corporate owned location and they try new products there so maybe it's a test item.

Qwerty, I am mildly concerned about your health. (No, not quite as concerned as I am about Iho's. Yet still concerned.) Do you ever go a day without eating fast-food or something from a restaurant?? You need some good home-cookin' just to detox a little, my friend.

My daily breakfast is oatmeal with milk or two cinammon raisin muffins (no butter). My lunch is typically a fast food lunch. But I have cut down the portions. I try to keep my lunch to 800 calories such as two burgers and small fries from McDonalds. For dinner I try to eat relatively healthy such as oatmeal with to kolaches or cereal with a couple of muffins etc. the quesalupa I bought I just had two bites and tossed it  it was really good but it would throw my calorie count way off for the day.

That's my biggest problem. I don't like any green stuff at all. I grew up in a house were my mom cooked beef/rice/beans/potatoes every day because that's what my dad liked. At some point in the near future in sure my hand will be forced and won't have a choice. But that time isn't here yet :)

So I'm trying to be as relatively healthy as I can be without vegetables. I do supplement with a daily vitamin from Costco :)

One in the morning with breakfast and the other with dinner. That ensures I have glow in the dark pee 24 hours a day.

qwerty said:
That's my biggest problem. I don't like any green stuff at all.

Are there any Mexican salads you like? One of my favorite salads is this one from El Pollo Locco. I wonder if you could choke down a small one like this. It is just a very small side salad. The cotija cheese and cilantro dressing are very good!:

mobileProductImage
http://m.elpolloloco.com/our-food/#/menu-item/0a9a7cec-82aa-485c-9ff1-0c360a83e7c7/LocoSide Salad

WTTCMN said:
qwerty said:
That's my biggest problem. I don't like any green stuff at all. I grew up in a house were my mom cooked beef/rice/beans/potatoes every day because that's what my dad liked. At some point in the near future in sure my hand will be forced and won't have a choice. But that time isn't here yet :)

So I'm trying to be as relatively healthy as I can be without vegetables. I do supplement with a daily vitamin from Costco :)

One in the morning with breakfast and the other with dinner. That ensures I have glow in the dark pee 24 hours a day.

Pretty sure your pee glows in the dark from something else ;)

It's from the green margaritas.  ;)

SoCal said:
qwerty said:
That's my biggest problem. I don't like any green stuff at all.

Are there any Mexican salads you like? One of my favorite salads is this one from El Pollo Locco. I wonder if you could choke down a small one like this. It is just a very small side salad. The cotija cheese and cilantro dressing are very good!:

mobileProductImage
http://m.elpolloloco.com/our-food/#/menu-item/0a9a7cec-82aa-485c-9ff1-0c360a83e7c7/LocoSide Salad

This actually looks pretty good. I'll try it this weekend and report back. I love all things cotija/cilantro/lime.

Back