Juicy Woodbury Rollback: $400K @ $264/sq ft

Panda with BIG EYES and a BIG SMILE, NICEEEEEE!!!!! Woodbury !!! It is TIME to COME DOWN!!!!

Man, I wish i could see Villa Rosa and Rosemoor selling at $264/square feet prices. That would be so SWEET.

Of course, short sales that look like a great deal relative to comps don't always go off. But still...

On this very forum 18 months ago, someone posted about their recent purchase of a 1030 sf Woodbury condo for $513,000 ($498 / sf). As I recall it sparked a spirited debate about whether that was a good move. My how things have changed.

[quote author="waiting_to_buy" date=1213946189]woodbury is crazy. that's close to $500 just on hoa dues. No wonder they're dropping fast.</blockquote>

$480 HOA per month?

[quote author="waiting_to_buy" date=1213946189]woodbury is crazy. that's close to $500 just on hoa dues. No wonder they're dropping fast.</blockquote>

dont forget the mello roos fees!

Yeah Woodbury has always amazed me with it's HOA and Mello Roos.

Plus, all the same amenities that the homeowners pay for with these fees are available to the renters in the community. So, you're sharing your pools/fitness centers with renters, hahah, the very people that you're supposed to be separated from when you become a homeowner in an expensive/exclusive community (correct me if I'm wrong).

We live in one of the Woodbury Apartment Complex (Woodbury Lane), and yes, we do get access to all the public facilities via the FOB key. Heck of a deal for us renters!

[quote author="Market Driven" date=1213965925]Yeah Woodbury has always amazed me with it's HOA and Mello Roos.

Plus, all the same amenities that the homeowners pay for with these fees are available to the renters in the community. So, you're sharing your pools/fitness centers with renters, hahah, the very people that you're supposed to be separated from when you become a homeowner in an expensive/exclusive community (correct me if I'm wrong).</blockquote>

It is true renters have access to the Commons area. But since all of the Woodbury IAC complexes (except Woodbury Walk--which are affordable living apartments) have their own clubhouse, pool, and gym they generally don't need to hike over to the Commons.

[quote author="Bubblegum" date=1213973525]Looks like it's off the market? the Redfin linky isn't working.</blockquote>

Interesting....does look like it is now off the market. IR2, can you shed some light on this one?

[quote author="BLUE FIRE" date=1213998732][quote author="Bubblegum" date=1213973525]Looks like it's off the market? the Redfin linky isn't working.</blockquote>

Interesting....does look like it is now off the market. IR2, can you shed some light on this one?</blockquote>

This one is listed by "SIETE SOLES REAL ESTATE" out of the 909. Not listed in the local MLS.

Status has been changed to "On Hold" and is no longer actively for sale.

Bought in 2006 for $562,500 from the builder. Refinanced to $612K in 2007.

No current NODs or NOTs on it, according to realist.com records.

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1213968746][quote author="Market Driven" date=1213965925]Yeah Woodbury has always amazed me with it's HOA and Mello Roos.

Plus, all the same amenities that the homeowners pay for with these fees are available to the renters in the community. So, you're sharing your pools/fitness centers with renters, hahah, the very people that you're supposed to be separated from when you become a homeowner in an expensive/exclusive community (correct me if I'm wrong).</blockquote>

It is true renters have access to the Commons area. But since all of the Woodbury IAC complexes (except Woodbury Walk--which are affordable living apartments) have their own clubhouse, pool, and gym they generally don't need to hike over to the Commons.</blockquote>

the irony is i would love access to the rental complex amenities! they're a bit closer to me and i want access to the "free" gym!

Please don't exaggerate the HOA numbers. I actually own the same model and the HOA is $105 for master and $160 for Lombard so total $265.

[quote author="ConsiderAgain" date=1213953792][quote author="waiting_to_buy" date=1213946189]woodbury is crazy. that's close to $500 just on hoa dues. No wonder they're dropping fast.</blockquote>

$480 HOA per month?</blockquote>

That's $265 I don't pay as a renter in Woodbury, yet get to enjoy all the benefits as someone who does. Not a bad deal renting here.

All rental compexes get access to all the HOA pools and the commons. However, HOA members do not get access to the rental compexes gyms, pools etc.. Why an HOA would agree to this is beyond me.

[quote author="wendyinoc" date=1214023093]All rental compexes get access to all the HOA pools and the commons. However, HOA members do not get access to the rental compexes gyms, pools etc.. Why an HOA would agree to this is beyond me.</blockquote>

IPO, as a former HOA President, can you weigh in on this?

Back