Jade Court at Cypress Village

Irvine Dream said:
tooslow4u said:
Swordfish said:
So if I understand your question correctly you want to understand how white is jade court? Is it just Chinese that bother you or does your prejudice extend to other Asians, African Americans, or Hispanics?

She's asking if there are a bunch of loud and obnoxious FCB. So no, you don't understand her question correctly.

Whether we say it aloud or not we are all prejudiced, we stereotype, and we judge.  We just have to be aware of that and should be careful to not let that jeopardize someone elses future.  otherwise it is OK to make routine decisions based on our judgement//stereotyping etc.  My Stereotyping is as follows:

Blacks are good in sports and are more prone to be involved in petty and violent crimes (which can possibly be avoided by an average person by avoiding certain places/circumstances).  Average black is lazy and doesn't work hard.
Whites are generally nice, more accommodating of other races (nowadays), and are prone to white collar crimes which far impacts average person's life/finance than petty/violent crimes (which is hard to avoid)
Asians are hardworking but do not play by rules and more prone to corruption,  favoritism, and discrimination of other ethnic groups.  In general they are not fair.  Asian women are horrible drivers.
Indians are hardworking but no matter how much money they have they are cheap.
Hispanics on average are hardworking.  More prone to corruption and infidelity.
Middleeasterns are rude.  etc.

U should write a book. Let me guess your race, i think you are Indian.

Irvine Dream said:
tooslow4u said:
Swordfish said:
So if I understand your question correctly you want to understand how white is jade court? Is it just Chinese that bother you or does your prejudice extend to other Asians, African Americans, or Hispanics?

She's asking if there are a bunch of loud and obnoxious FCB. So no, you don't understand her question correctly.

Whether we say it aloud or not we are all prejudiced, we stereotype, and we judge.  We just have to be aware of that and should be careful to not let that jeopardize someone elses future.  otherwise it is OK to make routine decisions based on our judgement//stereotyping etc.  My Stereotyping is as follows:

Blacks are good in sports and are more prone to be involved in petty and violent crimes (which can possibly be avoided by an average person by avoiding certain places/circumstances).  Average black is lazy and doesn't work hard.
Whites are generally nice, more accommodating of other races (nowadays), and are prone to white collar crimes which far impacts average person's life/finance than petty/violent crimes (which is hard to avoid)
Asians are hardworking but do not play by rules and more prone to corruption,  favoritism, and discrimination of other ethnic groups.  In general they are not fair.  Asian women are horrible drivers.
Indians are hardworking but no matter how much money they have they are cheap.
Hispanics on average are hardworking.  More prone to corruption and infidelity.
Middleeasterns are rude.  etc.

This has nothing to do with her question regarding the noise. I think you just used her question as a basis to list your stereo types.

Southbay2irvine - it's ok to be racist against others, but being a racist against your own kind? I find that reprehensible :)

southbay2irvine said:
Whoa whoa whoa what type of commotion did I start here on TI?!  ::)

Apologies if I came off as a big fat racist or insensitive.  At the time of my post I had 3 chinese neighbors that happened to be outside screaming at each other at midnight and I couldn't handle it anymore and made a noise complaint with IPD and vented my frustrations here on TI.

Also in response to Swordfish, Chinese people don't bother me.  My husband and the majority of my friends are Chinese so no, they don't bother me, lol.  People who think it's okay to be outside in the middle of the night a few feet from your residence yelling their heads off bother me.  You can be white, black, red, yellow, green, blue, whatever I don't care.  In this case it happens to be Chinese FCBs because it's only Mandarin that I am hearing.  If it were Korean then I would be annoyed by my own people and yes we can be annoying as well.  Let's just say I was experiencing a little bit of culture shock here in Irvine out of all places.  A few months ago I saw an elderly Chinese woman screaming at an Albertson's clerk for accidentally bumping into her.  It was quite a scene and this might have not been that big of shock if it happened in 99 Ranch but this Albertson's clerk was clearly mortified and so was I. 

So again, I think I just have to learn how to adapt to living with more FCB's and the cultural differences that come with it.  I still plan on baking cookies for my neighbors once we move into Jade Court even though my husband thinks that is a hilarious idea.  Also anyone can borrow a cup of sugar or milk any time.  Or in this case it will be a cup of soy sauce or kimchi.  <-- uh oh was that too racist? Is it okay for me to say since I'm Asian?  :-*

I think some people like to pull out the racist card a little too quickly around here.  Thank you to the commenters who decided to not jump to conclusions so quickly.

S a m e

Back