Issues with dark wood flooring

Trying to decide between the two - any input?

The dark looks rich and beautiful but I know it'll be much harder to maintain...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
If those are your cabinets, the darker floor will make it stand out more, which I like the contrast.  The lighter floor matches well too, tough decision.

Either one will looks really nice.

Darker one will bring out more contrast but lighter one will makes the room feel brighter and roomier.  For this reason, I would also pick the lighter one on the right.  The lighter one will also less likely to show dust.

I like the one on the right too.  It's dark, but light enough that you can still see a lot of the details of the wood, it has a lot more character than the one on the left.

I like the darker one on the left better.

The one on the right actually doesn't seem dark in the pic. Looks more like medium brown / yellow to me and will end up looking even lighter over the whole floor. It's nice, just not what I would call a dark wood.

Thanks for all your input TI  :)

We decided to go with the lighter one on the right for the downstairs - will brighten up the space and be much easier to maintain.

Anyone considering two tones floors (ex one type of flooring downstairs and different color stairs? - been seeing that a lot in the OH models (vicenza, La Vita) and also on Houzz.

You can do different wood on different floors, I think you just have to worry about the transition (which wood do you plan to do the stairs in?).

It may also affect your resale ease but that may not matter if you are planning on staying for the long haul.

irvinehomeowner said:
You can do different wood on different floors, I think you just have to worry about the transition (which wood do you plan to do the stairs in?).

It may also affect your resale ease but that may not matter if you are planning on staying for the long haul.

It'll be similar to the darker color espresso for the stairs with white risers. But it'll blend in well I think because my front door and all my furniture is the dark espresso color. My only worry is that it's definitely a design trend rigth now but all trends do phase out eventually. Of course the resale is concerning, you never want to put something so taste sepcific it doesn't cater to generalized preferences of the buyer

I would think you would put the same color wood on the stairs as the first floor because it's visible to your guests.

Most guests won't go upstairs so that transition does not matter as much.

Back