Irvine man arrested in wife?s slaying

Whatever happened to taking a five minutes break if you think the argument is too heated?
The children.. they are orphaned now. I hope the calm and composed Mr.Rastogi atleast wrote a will :-(

No weapon found. The guy should have dumped her body near UCI and would have avoided criminal charges. With a little bit of patience and planning he could have drove her to a 5th level of a parking structure and push her off the guardrail and that too he would have gotten away with murder.

The best way is to drive to any 4 story condo project and throw her off the connecting bridge between the parking structure and the condo building.

I would not recommend the hotel balconies. That trick has been copied too many times. Too many suicides there is getting to be suspicious.

This guy obviously is new to Irvine.

I'm afraid for your current wife, IHS. Besides, you told us she's your second wife. Where is the first one??  :eek: :-\

Read the article. I'll admit, I'd have a very difficult time finding the sympathy to teach this man to read. I'm just so glad he didn't harm the kids.

if you read the comments after the article, someone posted a link to the guy's fb. so sad... they appeared to be a normal, happy family. he worked at state street. poor kids.

seeing that FB page made me much more sad.  it made the kids real and seeing those smiling faces and knowing they will never be the same again is just too much.  i cant even fathom what they are trying to comprehend right now...dad is in jail and he killed mom....just horrible :(

The FB page is really depressing. A fellow mom knew them and dropped off one of their children home everyday. According to her, this has to be an accident. The couple didn't have any issues.

The kids are unlucky.. who gets their custody now? Relatives? Friends?

updated article says kids are in protective custody and cites history of marital discord. and yes, looking at his fb is depressing.  :(

Cubic Zirconia said:
According to her, this has to be an accident.

If it's an accident, why did he wait all day before calling 911? Didn't try to send for help to save her.

Charred and dumped in some Irvine business park parking lot. Just another Irvine cold case boxed next to the guy who drove the white Lexus. That guy was totally stupid to call the Police and confessed. Homicide is bad for the city's reputation they would likely give him the benefit of accidental manslaughter, self defense, or suicide or something that don't generate bad press and hurt the city's image.

SoCal78 said:
I'm afraid for your current wife, IHS. Besides, you told us she's your second wife. Where is the first one??  :eek: :-\

kalbi said:
updated article says kids are in protective custody and cites history of marital discord. and yes, looking at his fb is depressing.  :(

It doesn't look like it from his FB page, but for all we know, people only post nice things publicly.

SoCal78 said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
According to her, this has to be an accident.

If it's an accident, why did he wait all day before calling 911? Didn't try to send for help to save her.

Might be shocked? Anyway, I don't want to be judgmental about this case.
For some reason, reminds of a movie where the husband and wife have a fight, and he ends up pushing her back- her head hits the bed post and she dies- he is on the run for next two hours with the children.. IHS- you are right. They will play it down later. OC register wants a juicy story right now to boost it's sales, but then the apartment/community doesn't want to scare the residents.. Too many businesses/reputations at stake here.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Charred and dumped in some Irvine business park parking lot. Just another Irvine cold case boxed next to the guy who drove the white Lexus. That guy was totally stupid to call the Police and confessed. Homicide is bad for the city's reputation they would likely give him the benefit of accidental manslaughter, self defense, or suicide or something that don't generate bad press and hurt the city's image.

He caught a charge for one felony count of murder. He's facing 25 to life. Being held without bail.

This happened in the Solana apartment complex which is right next to Hicks Canyon Elementary. If you flip through the photos there are several there. Building 614-622. Ground floor unit. There is a number on the door but too fuzzy to read (614?).

I feel like there should be a disclosure made to future renters as there is a disclosure about death in the home when you buy a property. It seems unfair to the renter. Whoever moves in next will be unaware. That just doesn't seem right.

Are they required to disclose? In our last townhouse, an old woman died and literally rotted until someone found out. They didn't even bother to change the carpet. A pregnant woman moved in totally unaware...

The OC Register has never published the names of the Irvine apartments. I usually found out by watching the 11pm news when the camera crews stood near the signs. I think the newspaper could get in legal trouble if the article content cited the name. Isn't Solana across from the supermarket where a headless ghost wanders at night? Disclosure is not required for renting out a haunted unit. Censorship is very much alive and well! How many people actually knew about the Irvine jail let alone houses a murderer if weren't for this site? 

Okay, the video confirms it is Apt. # 614 at Solana. Renter beware.... or at least use it as a good negotiating point if that sort of thing doesn't bother you.

Back