Irvine in 5-10 years, will the new construction ever stop?

IrvineOnTheWknds

Obviously Irvine seems to be one of the fastest growing cities in southern ca, especially if you look at new construction home sales.  Just wondering if people have any opinions on how much longer this building boom will last?  Baring any major earthquake, I don't see the developers stopping, as obviously as long as these new construction homes continue to sell, they will build.  Obviously there's still a ton of space to build but eventually it will run out, or will it?  What do you think will happen with the continuous building of homes and growing population?  Is the infrastructure well planned enough to deal with the increased population and traffic?  How do you see Irvine in 5, 10 years from now if you had to predict?  More of the same, just more people or different?

IrvineOnTheWknds said:
  Obviously Irvine seems to be one of the fastest growing cities in southern ca, especially if you look at new construction home sales.  Just wondering if people have any opinions on how much longer this building boom will last?  Baring any major earthquake, I don't see the developers stopping, as obviously as long as these new construction homes continue to sell, they will build.  Obviously there's still a ton of space to build but eventually it will run out, or will it?  What do you think will happen with the continuous building of homes and growing population?  Is the infrastructure well planned enough to deal with the increased population and traffic?  How do you see Irvine in 5, 10 years from now if you had to predict?  More of the same, just more people or different?

lol.. then an EQ comes in later in the night!

I hope they can stop building more homes.. and build more commercial buildings and retail

In terms of new land in Irvine...there does seem like the amount of open land will eventually come to a close.  Been here for a long time, there's that huge great park area, as well as Portola springs III that seems to have some land left all the way to that lake forest limit.  There's a few open farm lands on Portola as well as the other side of eastwood behind the tall trees that seem like the last spots available of open spaces. 

It's been getting more crowded the past few years for sure, especially along Sand Canyon/Jeffrey/culver/jamboree...not sure if they have any way to control the population...I have my fears that it'll be similar to a 626 area soon in terms of traffic.  I think the only way they can control everyone is making the 133 free to use so less people are on the local streets to get from stonegate/CV/PS/BP to the other side of Irvine on the 405 side for work

There is not much land left in Irvine for new homes that isn't already slated for development. TIC has been investing outside of Irvine for some time and is more of a proper management company.

When Airbnb becomes legal in Irvine, I predict some hotels to shut down. Possibly convert the hotels into luxury apartments or luxury condos.

Back