Irvine High vs Northwood High

mms2020

Can any one comment about which school has better teachers?  We are in the NHS area but are thinking about sending our children to IHS.  We feel that quality of teaching is similar at both schools but children who go to NHS are much more into academics.  As more academically oriented children go NHS, it's students have better scores and API.  Our main concern with NHS is that it is very competitive and our children may be at a disadvantage for admission to colleges/universities unless they are in top 10 at the school. Thanks 

Just send then to irvine high or Woodbridge. If they can't compete at northwood they won't be able to compete at uni. What about sending them to school in Santa Ana?  They would likely be top ten there and would likely earn a free ride to college

mms2020 said:
Can any one comment about which school has better teachers?  We are in the NHS area but are thinking about sending our children to IHS.  We feel that quality of teaching is similar at both schools but children who go to NHS are much more into academics.  As more academically oriented children go NHS, it's students have better scores and API.  Our main concern with NHS is that it is very competitive and our children may be at a disadvantage for admission to colleges/universities unless they are in top 10 at the school. Thanks

My cousin just graduated from Northwood High.  He attended Irvine High his freshmen and sophomore year and finished at Northwood.  He told me the academics are more competitive at Northwood but the teachers are also better and more helpful.  I didn't ask him what "better" meant but he said he really enjoyed NWS more. 

Just like what QWERTY said, why not just send him to Santa Ana Compton Johns Creek if you are worried about competitiveness? 

Back