Irvine Growth Among Fastest

The California Court Company said:
between Glendale and Irvine though, I don't think it is wise but at least this guy is taking a lot of sacrifice for his family.

that is why this marriage will end in divorce

From what I gather in the workplace, long commutes are not all that uncommon.  I know people traveling from San Diego to Orange County with others going from Rancho Cucamonga to Irvine, Chino Hills to Irvine and other OC cities, and OC to LA. 

If one of the parents is a stay at home parent, having the breadwinner commuting is not too much of an issue if the guy doesn't mind sitting in the car or commuting by train.  Think about all of the books on tape you can listen to!

that's why you see a lot of dual-income families in Irvine due to high home prices. the traffic is not that bad from Irvine to the rest of the region and chances are one of the earners is a commuter.

for single-income families, they have to settle for less, like a lesser city in South County. It is not uncommon for the housewife to be envious of Irvine and dreaming about living in Irvine.

SoCal said:
jealous again? that this "stupid" guy considers Irvine above all else?

I'd say the same if he was commuting between Glendale and Foothill Ranch.

between Glendale and Foothill Ranch that is indeed plain stupidity. There is nothing special about FR that you can pretty much find a lot of alternatives throughout the LA area that are closer to Glendale.

between Glendale and Irvine though, I don't think it is wise but at least this guy is taking a lot of sacrifice for his family.

So, YOU'RE the guy in the article! Nice to meet you, Mr. Glendale! I agree with you, you may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. But welcome to TI!

Some of the comments here don't apply to the man in this scenario. For example, comparing home prices: The article states the Glendale / Irvine man is a renter. If he's content renting, he could do it in his Glendale area without shelling out a downpayment on a million dollar home in San Marino or whatever. There's no tough financial transition for him. Also, about people commuting from San Diego to O.C. He didn't already have a home base established here then take a job north of L.A. (through some of the worst traffic in the nation). He relocated here from out of state -- Houston.

no wonder there is a movie called Legally Blonde. You are only reinforcing the stereotype.

SoCal said:
SoCal said:
jealous again? that this "stupid" guy considers Irvine above all else?

I'd say the same if he was commuting between Glendale and Foothill Ranch.

between Glendale and Foothill Ranch that is indeed plain stupidity. There is nothing special about FR that you can pretty much find a lot of alternatives throughout the LA area that are closer to Glendale.

So, YOU'RE the guy in the article! Nice to meet you, Mr. Glendale! I agree with you, you may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. But welcome to TI!

and I am sorry that your husband does not make enough dough for you to afford Irvine. maybe you should divorce him and find some rich Asian husband in Irvine.

and I am sorry that your husband does not make enough dough for you to afford Irvine. maybe you should divorce him and find some rich Asian husband in Irvine.

Cmon kids, lets stop the fighting and keep it civil.

Some how we missed the point of the article to the numb nut who decided he will commute from Irvine to Glendale and how he will be divorced in no time.

Oh, really? We have lived in Irvine for years. It wasn't prices that kept us out. We wanted out. I have a very blessed life, if you want to know the truth. I am happy and grateful for everything.

Sorry I don't meet your standards. I may be "pigment-challenged" as you referred to in another comment but at least I'm my real self here, the whole whole kit & caboodle, instead of hiding behind a keyboard like some of us. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. If I'm as terrible as you say I am, feel free not to read my posts or to visit another website where you'll be happier.

It is shame to see this kind of words

To take a page out of Amy's Baking Company...You are JUST HATERS!!!  This is a Witch Hunt!  OPPRESSORS!!!

Yes, a real shame. :(

gld2 said:
It is shame to see this kind of words

cmon everyone, do you really expect any better from California Court? besides, anyone living in stonegate shouldnt be really talking about what others can or cant afford - when you live in Shady then you can talk.

OK. I flipped after being called stupid by a blonde. what a irony. should've known better.

qwerty said:

Cmon kids, lets stop the fighting and keep it civil.

Back