Irvine Co. proposes 1,960 apartments along Sand Canyon Avenue in Irvine

WTTCHMN

Irvine Co. proposes 1,960 apartments along Sand Canyon Avenue in Irvine

The Irvine Co.?s proposal consists of three separate developments:

? Up to 1,710 apartments, a 25,000-square-foot shopping center and a five-acre park on the former Traveland USA site off the I-5 freeway across Sand Canyon Avenue from La Quinta Inn & Suites. The site is currently designated for research and industrial uses.

? Up to 250 apartments, a 1.7-acre park and a 10,000-square-foot child care center on a vacant land at Sand Canyon Avenue and Great Park Boulevard. The site was previously anticipated as a 205,000-square-foot commercial center.

? Up to 530,000 square feet of nonresidential uses, potentially a mini-warehouse, on vacant land near the State Route 133 and I-5 interchange.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/irvine-746747-city-apartments.html

Can we vote on this?  Lol. Do we really need more apartments. 

"and these units target those making between $48,000 and $66,000"

Are these like the Irvine projects?

Amphitheater. County housing and hotel. More apartments.

Can we put in an Asian plaza with little parking to put it over the top?  Lol

imagine between 800 and 1,500 additional drivers on SC during the morning and evening commute. YOWZA!

Soylent Green Is People said:
imagine between 800 and 1,500 additional drivers on SC during the morning and evening commute. YOWZA!

With those lights that stop too frequently. Lol

Imagine your commute in that area if another 50 cars were on the road with you at the same time.

My .02c

You already know what the Irvine city staff report will say about these new TIC apartments: "City staff determined that the construction and operation of the apartments would not have much impact on area traffic..."

YellowFever said:
So what happens when you make $66,000 plus $1 extra dollar? (Due to a raise)  They evict you?  Do they ask to see your pay stubs?

It goes something like this.

I don't know about the threshold amount. It's a requirement that the city have that info in the files of the people in the program. So they can be in compliant of the grant/program. If the city expends $750k or more of federal funds (spend funds for one grant or combination of grants), a single audit of the city is required which is conducted by an independebt auditor. Exceptions that do not follow the guidelines of the program will be reported to the grantor and be published online for the public to view. (I believe the finding to the public is not specific but a general comment depending on the circumstances)

? Up to 250 apartments, a 1.7-acre park and a 10,000-square-foot child care center on a vacant land at Sand Canyon Avenue and Great Park Boulevard. The site was previously anticipated as a 205,000-square-foot commercial center.

Hah. So where will all those department dwellers go for groceries? It's at least a 30 minute drive to Woodbury Town Center. :)

irvinehomeowner said:

Hah. So where will all those department dwellers go for groceries? It's at least a 30 minute drive to Woodbury Town Center. :)
Stater Brothers?

irvinehomeowner said:

There's a 7-11 on Sand Canyon/Irvine Center Drive. 

Back