Irvine Castle - Open House Today

davenlei said:
IHO said:
My dentist has plastic-covered remotes... maybe the owner is an orthodontist?
OMG.  I think we go to the same dentist...
Possibly.

Lake Forest? And he keeps in those same bags they use for the dental instruments... the bluish ones with the white paper backing.

@momopi:
I've never had issues with my remotes getting dirty... just getting dropped all the time and the batteries flying across the room... if anything I'd put one of those keyfinder beepers on it... no one ever remembers where they put the remote last.

I went to the open house too the first weekend and then paid no heed to it. I found it interesting, although I have to say that the house sits on a cramped lot, not a million dollar environment nor spacious floorplan I would expect. I left my email as routinely asked and that was that.

This week, I got an email from the broker company --here is what it said

"There was no auction sale for 24 Lamplighter, the home you came by to see in Woodbury.
However, the seller reduced the price apx $100,000, to $1,599,900, and the home is currently available.
Also, the seller has agreed to repaint the interior to remove the current decor, making the home more neutral.

If you would be interested in a traditional (non-auction) purchase of this extremely well-located home, please contact me (949-xxx-xxxx).
At the asking price, if there is no other agent involved, your Buyer Cash-Back from me would be $16,000"

They told me when I was there that there were 7 interested parties with 1 all cash offer, and that they predict that the final price at auction will way exceed the listing price. Wonder where everyone went?  :(

julstride said:
I went to the open house too the first weekend and then paid no heed to it. I found it interesting, although I have to say that the house sits on a cramped lot, not a million dollar environment nor spacious floorplan I would expect. I left my email as routinely asked and that was that.

its amazing how same thing can look so different between people.  my wife and i thought what a wonderful size lot with the wrap around backyard.  it definitely wasnt big enough to play a game of flag football or anything like that but can easily entertain large group and had plenty of space for kids to play.  then again, we probably have spent way too much time looking at TIC patio sized yards and have a warped sense of backyard space

i think this will close at 1.3-1.4M. 

rkp said:
julstride said:

its amazing how same thing can look so different between people.  my wife and i thought what a wonderful size lot with the wrap around backyard.  it definitely wasnt big enough to play a game of flag football or anything like that but can easily entertain large group and had plenty of space for kids to play.  then again, we probably have spent way too much time looking at TIC patio sized yards and have a warped sense of backyard space

The house is on a corner and by Woodbury standards the yard is large.
If you want to play a game of flag football, soccer or have a large birthday party you can walk over to the large park across the street.

Now I know your standard is extremely low so I have to be careful not to hurt your feeling.

rkp said:
julstride said:

the funny thing is that its indie who gets bent out of shape unless he is proven right.  i dont have hurt feelings, i think he is a bully and its annoying.

and relative to rest of irvine, a 6500 sq lot *is* big.  yes i would love more land and i can get more in yorba linda and ladera for the same money but thats not where i want to live. 

and to keep on topic, their fake auction failed and the owner apparently wont accept anything under $1.5M

rkp said:
the funny thing is that its indie who gets bent out of shape unless he is proven right.  i dont have hurt feelings, i think he is a bully and its annoying.

and relative to rest of irvine, a 6500 sq lot *is* big.  yes i would love more land and i can get more in yorba linda and ladera for the same money but thats not where i want to live. 

and to keep on topic, their fake auction failed and the owner apparently wont accept anything under $1.5M
Sounds like they aren't looking to sell then.

did you take any buyers there USC?  its really over the top.  we were looking at the woodbury newsletter and looks like that house won best holiday decorations so i guess they really are into decorating

rkp said:
did you take any buyers there USC?  its really over the top.  we were looking at the woodbury newsletter and looks like that house won best holiday decorations so i guess they really are into decorating

Actually,  they shared those honors with the neighbor a few doors down.
That family was featured in the newsletter as well.

Back