iPhone 8 News

Yeah the 10 is going to be 1233 with taxes. It?s really pushing the limits. I wonder after this how many price increases Apple will be able to push through.

qwerty said:
Yeah the 10 is going to be 1233 with taxes. It?s really pushing the limits. I wonder after this how many price increases Apple will be able to push through.

Don't worry qwerty the iPhone 2020, available in 2019 for the normal two year upgrade cycle will be a cheap $1499 for the base model.  It'll come with the improved IOS requiring no user input allowing the complete experience of the Apple sanctioned model.

The iPhone model number is the equal number $100 bills to buy it.

That's why they skipped the 9.

Next year will be the iPhone $900 and the iPhone $1100... they might skip to the iPhone $XV.

Hopefully by iPhone XV, Apple Watch version 8 will replace the need to carry a phone. Apple Watch 3 is not ready for prime time but is showing some promise. They need to improve battery life with cell usage and add better Siri/AI functions.

iacrenter said:
Hopefully by iPhone XV, Apple Watch version 8 will replace the need to carry a phone. Apple Watch 3 is not ready for prime time but is showing some promise. They need to improve battery life with cell usage and add better Siri/AI functions.

What you're looking for is Apple iBrain Implant 1.

That will be powered by your own glucose, if you're diabetic you can't be a customer, you'll have to use the Samsung Galaxy Ethanol S but you have to be a heavy drinker.

12:08 am
Finished with my iPhone X pre order. Apple.com and the Apple App are still not working. I had to order my phone via Verizon.

12:11am
Apple website now allowing orders but my Apple App is still down.

I tried the Apple store app for like 30 seconds at 12:00. Wasn?t working. Switched over to Apple.com and by 12:03 I had a reservation number. I needed the reservation number because Apple could not get through to ATT?s system. Got an email around 3am to finish the order. Getting it delivered to the office on 11/3.

Never imagined qwerphone would be such an iSheep.

Removing the home button is probably one of the worst things Apple has "innovated".

irvinehomeowner said:
Never imagined qwerphone would be such an iSheep.

Removing the home button is probably one of the worst things Apple has "innovated".

I?m not an hardcore iPhone/Apple person. I?ve never had a Mac but I do like the iPhone. The reason I was up late and able to order it was because I was working and I almost forgot that the phone was going on sale at midnight. I remembered at 11:45.

The main reason I got the new X is that my speakers on my 6s plus don?t work as well anymore, 2 years old now. Some sort of dust issue. Had the speakers cleaned out at the Apple store for free and then like two months later they were back to not sounding very loud. My wife has had the 7s plus for a year and her speakers are very loud. 

C'mon... you just want to be the cool guy with the big... uh... calves... who can afford the most expensive iPhone in the world.

"Uh... honey, I'm dropping $1200 because of I can't hear my Batman ringtone on my current phone."

I think I'll go get a Tesla X because ESPN on my AM radio doesn't have the right tonal quality. :)

Do you have access to my dropcam?

That?s what I?m always listening to. ESPN radio. Between the kids TV, my wife talking and the shitty speakers I can?t hear a darn thing.

My alarm is becoming an issue to since it?s so low :)

Speaking of, why did they add Eric Davis to the afternoon show with Marcellus and Kelvin?

The morning show with Keyshawn, George and LZ has grown on me... I didn't like it at first because I'm not really a Keyshawn fan but it's funny.

I just got my X yesterday and I've been pretty happy so far. It's definitely an upgrade over my 6s Plus but I'm not sure it's worth $1200.

Positives:
+Beautiful screen compared with 6s Plus
+Love the increased screen size and smaller form factor
+Face ID works in the dark and seems less prone to failure than TouchID
+Photo quality/portrait mode is a big upgrade over my 6s Plus
+Running the latest iOS feels much faster vs my 6s Plus (no surprise there)
+Love overall design--feels like a modern iPhone 4 with the glass back and metal strip around the edge. Very solid construction.
+Speakers sound much better than the 6s Plus

Negatives:
-Opening the phone takes more actions (look at phone then swipe up)
-Unlearning years of muscle memory when it comes to using the home button, taking a screen shot, and powering down/rebooting
-Feels heavy for its size
-The notch at the top of the screen is annoying but you forget about it after a while
-Many apps doe not take full advantage of the screen size and give you black bars on the edges
-Not having an ear phone jack. Apple includes a lightning wired headphone but I have other quality headphones that now require dongle/adapter.

There are only two things really better on this phone than my old 6s plus, it?s easy to hold in one hand and text. And the speakers.

Not sure about the speed iacrenter mentions, I?m sure it?s faster but it?s not like things are noticeably faster.

faceid works fine. Definitely not worth 1200.

I'm waiting until Dec when I hit my 1 year mark to upgrade to the iPhone X.  My 7plus battery is beginning to die faster and faster plus more and more butt dials. 

Back