Inventory creeping up?

thatOSguy said:
IHO -- sorry for being a d!ck.
No worries. Like I said, as long as we can discuss things rationally, we are good.
Perhaps I have a hangover from plunking down mad cash on a NP home to appease the family rather than being somewhere my heart would rather. That might change if my next job were in town and I wasn't doing the 35 mile shuffle to work away from Irvine but instead working/playing in suburban stucco box hell. From that standpoint, I paid a "foolish" premium for proximity to work, yet don't reap the benefits afforded by Irvine's location (yet).
Heh... work/home proximity is a big thing for me so that's understandable. Plus you just went through some renos so that can also up the edge.
Of course... but no hugging.

I'm afraid qwerchete might be too happy to see me.

thatOSguy said:
I'm guessing, but she seemed fatigued by IHO compounded with some shame in stalking yours truly.

"Fatigued" is a good description. It does take an extremely strong woman to withstand Iho long-term.  :) Sometimes my strength amazes me.

quattroporte said:
668 - Redfin

9 of the closest homes to me (according to Redfin's mobile app) have had price reductions and are still not pending. Around me at least the market went from 1-2 weeks in early 2013 to 6 months now. or about 12-20X slower.

paperboyNC said:
quattroporte said:
801 +/- as of today

Prices are starting to fall. I've seen homes listed for less than homes were closing for a year ago and they still aren't pending.

I have starting seeing the same. Also, I see less homes sold for cash than before too.

quattroporte said:
paperboyNC said:
quattroporte said:
801 +/- as of today

Prices are starting to fall. I've seen homes listed for less than homes were closing for a year ago and they still aren't pending.

I have starting seeing the same. Also, I see less homes sold for cash than before too.

New construction has the market over-saturated.  Interest rates are also higher this summer than last summer.

@Paris:

C'mon... you were SHOCKED at the design center prices. If you buy a resale you won't even come close to spending that much... and that's not including landscaping.

Factor MRs, etc etc and I still think the best bargain in Irvine right now is resale... but sometimes people gotta have that new home smell.

Paris167 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@Paris:

C'mon... you were SHOCKED at the design center prices. If you buy a resale you won't even come close to spending that much... and that's not including landscaping.

Factor MRs, etc etc and I still think the best bargain in Irvine right now is resale... but sometimes people gotta have that new home smell.

I understand but if you want an open floor plan and you're breaking walls, completely remodeling the kitchen, all bathrooms etc the costs add up. And if resale is cheaper than new construction then yes I understand. The house across from mine in NP for $1.5mil - I would need to break walls, remodel kitchen bath all of it - that's at least an additional $200k minimum right so that's total $1.7mil for that home after all of it. And the inconvenience of at least 8 weeks of RENO.

Now OH home comparable size (except for backyard is like half the size) - $1.31mil base + 100k design center + $40k landscape for small lot - I get a brand new house with brand new everything for $1.44 mil. And MR is 1.4%, yes a little more than NP but my NP home is 14 years old - this is the stage when things start breaking - roof, appliances, I've got a crack in my outer wall etc etc...Yes HOA is cheaper - $279 vs we pay right now $160 - so $100 difference.

We weighed out this option of buying resale vs new HEAVILY and chose to go with the new construction for that reason - and plus I've got small kids - it's tough to do major reno with them

If the resale prices weren't so ridiculous we may have gone the other way

We went through the same process and reached the same conclusion.
NP resale and OH prices are equivalent.
PS and LR resale is much more expensive than OH.

Back