Inventory creeping up?

irvinehomeowner said:
Your situation is contrary to your opinion, why do you pay a premium to live in NP if the schools are NOT IUSD? Hmm.

finally! i was waiting for you to point that out.

IHO just b!tch slapped OS.

thatOSguy said:
Why this is such a difficult concept for IHO to grasp
I should quote OS's posts, because he changes it as he realizes what he's saying doesn't actually line up to what the truth is.

The difficulty isn't that I can't grasp the schools are a driving factor (number one is debatable). The difficulty is you claim that anyone who doesn't buy in Irvine for the schools is foolish. As if there are no other reasons why you should buy in Irvine... and you say that's not what you say, but whenever anyone points out the other reasons, you say they are available in other cities and that Irvine is, in your words, a "$h!tbox", or "a chain restaurant and curfew heaven".

So while **you** may not think there are other reasons why people want to live in Irvine (although you say you do), others, like Irv81 do. That is a fact, not some unproven interpretation from a census site or based on a builder's opinion who wants to market his product. If 5P really thought it was for the schools... why is part of the Great Park going to be in SVUSD? Huh... what? For the schools... but NOT IUSD?

But let's get to your reasons... so you put 10s of thousands of dollars into renovating your home primarily for the schools? You bought in NP despite that by your own words Irvine is a "$h!tbox", won't let you out after 9pm and you can only eat at Olive Garden?

Doesn't that seem more foolish? Irvinehomeshopper would think so. Paying a premium for schools when you can get just as good a school in another OC city that has better nighlife? Or is there some other reason than just the schools?

It's okay. You can backpedal. But don't make a statement like "It's foolish to pay the premium in Irvine if you aren't using the schools" when that is contrary to a large portion of the population in Irvine and why they bought here.

It's master planned, it's safe, it's centrally located, it has access to many job centers, it has a university, it has great medical facilities (esp for the older crowd), it's close to the beach without that added beach premium, it's diverse, it has a variety of dining (which you seem to disagree on but maybe it's not your kind of dining)... on and on and on.

Do you see how many apartments TIC has built and is building next to the Spectrum area? You think that's for the schools? What about all that building off the 405 for Lennar's Central Park West? That's Santa Ana USD... that's can't be *for the schools*.

thatOSguy said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Your situation is contrary to your opinion, why do you pay a premium to live in NP if the schools are NOT IUSD? Hmm.

finally! i was waiting for you to point that out.

IHO just b!tch slapped OS.

qwerty, what's the price difference in your hood vs. a few blocks over on the IUSD side?

not sure, the exact floor plan has sold recently between 975K and 995K for 3,000 sq ft on about a 5,000 sq ft lot. so that is about $324 - $330 per sq ft.  there are about 5 homes listed right now in our neighborhood with similar specs that are asking $348, but again that is just asking. 

did a search for homes with similar specs to mine in tustin fields which actually has IUSD and these four closed in the last 6 months

$335 sq ft -http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/15511-Sonora-St-92782/home/7215197
$315 sq ft -http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/818-Polaris-Dr-92782/home/5957244
$354 sq ft -http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16637-Honeybee-Dr-92782/home/7202526
$356 sq ft -http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1041-Hudson-Dr-92782/unit-1041/home/5957228

so lets say $350 in tustin w/IUSD and $330 in Tustin w/o IUSD, so that is discount of 5.7%

this one in westpark sold for $359 sq ft http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/6-Petria-92606/home/4629726

irvinehomeowner said:
It's master planned, it's safe, it's centrally located, it has access to many job centers, it has a university, it has great medical facilities (esp for the older crowd), it's close to the beach without that added beach premium, it's diverse, it has a variety of dining (which you seem to disagree on but maybe it's not your kind of dining)... on and on and on.

Those are the reasons why I am buying in Irvine. I dont really care about the school district. The schools are a factor (maybe), but definitely not #1. All my buddies buying homes in Irvine dont really care about the school district either.

She realized she shouldn't put so much of her personal info on the internet.  She got email bombed by a Korean landscaper saying she wrote shit about his business....

She realized we're all a bunch of low class inbred retards and decided her Harvard educated self should not socialize with such dregs of society.

Only half joking.

thatOSguy said:
You've run off TD and I believe bones' last words were something to the effect of her leaving "IHO's personal forum."
So what are you trying to say here? My sound logic is off-putting?
It's like you need posters like me who offer a differing point of view to feed your inner forum beast.
It takes two to tango, if you feel I have that need, then so do you. Except, if this is true, then why aren't I arguing *all* of your posts?
IHO-plosion in 3....2....
Sorry to disappoint you. As I've told others, this is not emotional for me.

You are a smart guy and I actually agree with many of the things you post, if you would prefer for me not to respond to you, let me know.

OS - the issue with some of your positions is that they are subjective and you try to make them objective.  we argued about LA, of course i understand the supply/demand side of things, i was just defending the fact that all buyers are not the same, that some people will find LA more desirable even though you dont. perhaps we are arguing different things but when you try to make a subjective viewpoint fact, i guess it will create disagreements. now the EV debate we had was subjective on both sides, but the general public does seem to support my position since EV car sales arent great, so that means i was right :)

the premium i calculated above could be in part to schools, im sure a portion of it is, perhaps a large chunk of it, but some could also be slightly larger lots, a more tradtional setup (driveway) etc. location is kind of a wash but it is right on the irvine border and you can walk across the street and you are irvine where as in columbus square you cant walk right across the street and be in irvine.  so while you attributed the entire premium from my location to the tustin location served by IUSD to the school district, IHO would merely point out that some/most of the premium could be the schools but it could also be something else (such as the reasons is gave).

thatOSguy said:
eyephone said:
thatOSguy said:
eyephone said:
Is bones still on this?

This is her last post.

So why did she leave?

I'm guessing, but she seemed fatigued by IHO compounded with some shame in stalking yours truly.
Fatigued? Because I pointed out that you deleted all your useful posts and left TI because she stalked you?
thatOSguy said:
You're leaving out the part where she changed her username it irvinehome0wner.
You're leaving out the part where you insulted her and then modified your post.

Talk about revisionist history. That's what I get for defending you... sheesh.

zubs said:
She realized she shouldn't put so much of her personal info on the internet.  She got email bombed by a Korean landscaper saying she wrote shit about his business....

She realized we're all a bunch of low class inbred retards and decided her Harvard educated self should not socialize with such dregs of society.

Only half joking.

Nice to know. In general - don't give out personal info.

eyephone said:
zubs said:

Only half joking.

Nice to know. In general - don't give out personal info.
Oh great, why didn't anyone tell me that before.  haha

thatOSguy said:
IHO -- sorry for being a d!ck. This whole business of community and neighborhood selection is about tradeoffs, and there is no perfect answer. I didn't mean to give folks who don't have kids in Irvine the short shrift and should have amended my original comments to that effect accordingly. Not "foolish" but that "they value Irvine's qualities beyond just the school."

qwerty- you are right to connect the LA thread with the IUSD discussion in that some households will assign value to factors that simply boggle my mind.

Perhaps I have a hangover from plunking down mad cash on a NP home to appease the family rather than being somewhere my heart would rather. That might change if my next job were in town and I wasn't doing the 35 mile shuffle to work away from Irvine but instead working/playing in suburban stucco box hell.

Truce?

PS EVs are still ready for primetime.

you might be right, another person at work got a prius. and yeah the 35 mile commute will have you questioning why you live here. my wife and i both have 30+ mile commutes and i wonder sometimes why we live here, in particular when i prefer San Diego or Redondo/Manhattan Beach.  i miss the days in redondo in the peak of summer where it was 75 degrees with that nice ocean breeze

Back