Interior Paint vs. Wallpaper

jerometl

Still on the fence about this. Wallpaper (bedrooms/bathroom) or just paint? What are your recommendations?

Anyone know what kind of wallpaper was used on the model homes that kind of has a fabric woven type?

Attachments

• Magnolia Details - New Homes Cypress Village - Villages of Irvine - Mozilla Fire Window title ...jpg
    Magnolia Details - New Homes Cypress Village - Villages of Irvine - Mozilla Fire Window title ...jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Garden Hill at Portola Springs Community - Irvine, CA  KB Home - Mozilla Firefo Window title -...jpg
    Garden Hill at Portola Springs Community - Irvine, CA KB Home - Mozilla Firefo Window title -...jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 144
We have the woven fabric wall paper in our kitchen and our bathrooms. 

I believe the brand or type was called scala silk.  We have a linen color in our bathrooms and a faded red in our kitchen. 

I'll check when i get home.

Yeah it's called Scala.  I used Orlando's painting company for this.

I attached a small picture of how it looks.  I apologize for the bad quality photo, it was from my iPhone. 

I really love the textured feel and look of this wall paper.  We get a lot of compliments on them.  I wouldn't do the whole house with wall paper but instead only use them in rooms where you want to create a warmer feel to it.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 142
Troller_Simpson said:

I attached a small picture of how it looks.  I apologize for the bad quality photo, it was from my iPhone. 

I really love the textured feel and look of this wall paper.  We get a lot of compliments on them.  I wouldn't do the whole house with wall paper but instead only use them in rooms where you want to create a warmer feel to it.

that is exactly what my wife is looking for. do you remember how much it costs? i didn't know paint companies offer wallpaper services too..thanks for sharing by the way

GH said:
Troller_Simpson said:

that is exactly what my wife is looking for. do you remember how much it costs? i didn't know paint companies offer wallpaper services too..thanks for sharing by the way

i ordered them separately, not from Orlandos.  I'll ask the wife how much it was, I sign the checks, I dont ask questions or write the amount  ;)

Back