Installing Glued on Engineered Hardwood Floor

sonoma

Hi,

I was wondering if putting on a moisture barrier was necessary in Irvine when installing glued Engineered Hardwood Floor on cement. 

Thanks,

Sonoma

sonoma said:
Hi,

I was wondering if putting on a moisture barrier was necessary in Irvine when installing glued Engineered Hardwood Floor on cement. 

Thanks,

Sonoma
Nope, just make sure to just the best glue out there.....Bastik's Best (not cheap but when it dries it becomes rubber).

USCTrojanCPA said:
sonoma said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sonoma
Nope, just make sure to just the best glue out there.....Bastik's Best (not cheap but when it dries it becomes rubber).

You rock USCTrojanCPA!  Thanks.

sonoma said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
sonoma said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sonoma

Well, you know...it comes naturally.  haha  That's the only thing I used to do put my engineered wood flooring down.  I think it's about $150 per 5 gallon bucket.  It's a glue with a sealant all in one.  Remember to have the floor installed all the way to the wall and then put down the baseboard on top of the wood (you can get your baseboards at World of Moldings in Santa Ana).

USCTrojanCPA said:
sonoma said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
sonoma said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Sonoma

Well, you know...it comes naturally.  haha  That's the only thing I used to do put my engineered wood flooring down.  I think it's about $150 per 5 gallon bucket.  It's a glue with a sealant all in one.  Remember to have the floor installed all the way to the wall and then put down the baseboard on top of the wood (you can get your baseboards at World of Moldings in Santa Ana).

I wish I was doing it myself.  I hired someone to do it.  They claim that it was unnecessary to put down moisture barrier in Irvine.  They said it was a scare tactic.

Is this true even for a new property ? I was told that the regular moisture barrier wont do and that we need to put in Bostik MVP which is a por on sealant and then use bostik best as the glue which took the install cost to 5$/sq.ft
This is my first home and dropped the idea of hardwood because of this as porcelain tile cut the price in half compared to this.

navin said:
Is this true even for a new property ? I was told that the regular moisture barrier wont do and that we need to put in Bostik MVP which is a por on sealant and then use bostik best as the glue which took the install cost to 5$/sq.ft
This is my first home and dropped the idea of hardwood because of this as porcelain tile cut the price in half compared to this.
My condo was brand new and I just used Bastiks Best.  Never had any issues.

navin said:
And this was a ground floor install on a concrete sub floor?
Yes, it was on the ground floor which had a concrete sub floor and the upstairs which had a light weight concrete sub floor.  If you shop around, you should be able to find the Bastik's Best 5-gallon buckets for around $150 each which end up covering about 150-200sf.

sonoma said:
I wish I was doing it myself.  I hired someone to do it.  They claim that it was unnecessary to put down moisture barrier in Irvine.  They said it was a scare tactic.

Sonoma, Can you give me the contact info of the flooring guy you used ?

Back