In&Out

blocks

We dined in In&Out at the market place 5pm Sunday. It was used to be packed around this time. I was hurry to get in first in order to get a seat. What surprised to me is there are plenty seats available and the line was very short ~ 3 -4 people in line. If the low-end eatery has this kind of bussiness on Sunday, the economy in Irvine does not seem good. Do people go to other resteraunt because of the construction out side In&Out? Or do people tend to eat at home at Sunday night? I can't think of any other reason.

Even in a down economy I still see people eating out. Though looks can be deceiving, with so many TIC restaurants closing things are not easy. Theoretically fast food places and discount shops should fair better in this economy. Your In&Out should be safe.  :)

probably not dinner rush yet...  if people can't afford $2 burgers then we're in alot of trouble.. we tend not to go out on Sunday night because most of the restaurants we dine at are packed full.. honda-ya, koba tofu, pho bac, ca fish grill, outback, kula sushi, ajisen, etc.

Everyone(meaning the sheeple) probably drove up to 5-guys in Orange after reading the latest hamburger ratings.

Be thankful. Any time you get to eat at In N Out without a long wait and having to kill someone for a table, it's a happy day.

I bet even though it wasn't busy... it still took forever to get your burger.

I always thought they should have been called "In N Wait".

irvinehomeowner said:
I bet even though it wasn't busy... it still took forever to get your burger.

I always thought they should have been called "In N Wait".

They don't cook the hamburger patty until you order the burger.  Hence the wait even if you are the only person in the restaurant.
I bet they can easily start cooking the patties before people order them during lunch time.  They will never sit around as they sell so fast, but that's not their policy.

I understand that -- but I've been to other places that don't cook the burger until you order it and they are still much faster.

It's not like InNOut gives you a well done burger and it's not like the patty is very thick either.

Back