Impact of china meltdown

OC_relocation said:
and they can make rest of Irvine unaffordable for other people :(

It's ironic that foreigners can do this to us.  First, they take our jobs, second they take our houses, I wonder what's next (or really, what's left to take).

Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
OC_relocation said:

It's ironic that foreigners can do this to us.  First, they take our jobs, second they take our houses, I wonder what's next (or really, what's left to take).

They will "possibly" increase the math test scores and decrease the English test scores for the school(s)

OC_relocation said:

Then they become Americans

OC_relocation said:

Americans take their women

OC_relocation said:

work harder?  Isnt this what the USA is all about?

hello said:
OC_relocation said:

They buy houses to park their money as an investment. If you call shopping at outlets/malls working, than okay.

eyephone said:
hello said:
OC_relocation said:

They buy houses to park their money as an investment. If you call shopping at outlets/malls working, than okay.

"foreigners" didnt take our jobs.  We gave it to them.  They didnt take our houses, we sold it to them.  Lastly, contrary to your reply I wasnt commenting on "foreigners" work efforts.  However these "foreigners" shop at outlets/malls as you claim with money that they made.  Hence although shopping may not be work, money is begotten from some sort of work.  Therefore my comment "work harder" was to address the fact that if the original poster is unhappy that "foreigners" are taking "our" jobs and homes, then he should work harder to get it.  This premise, after all, is the American Dream right?  The fact that he sounds entitled to things he has no claim to is another issue...

You can work hard all you want, but when your manufacturing or engineering job is moving to China, India, or Mexico, are you going to go there too?  You're already seeing the layoffs at Western Digital, Broadcom, and Allergen isn't too far behind. 
It's a genius plan - move the jobs to a foreign country, then come back and buy the U.S. real estate, but I agree it's all to our own undoing, or more precisely, those clowns in Washington, DC.

You can work hard all you want, but when your manufacturing or engineering job is moving to China, India, or Mexico, are you going to go there too?  You're already seeing the layoffs at Western Digital, Broadcom, and Allergen isn't too far behind. 
It's a genius plan - move the jobs to a foreign country, then come back and buy the U.S. real estate, but I agree it's all to our own undoing, or more precisely, those clowns in Washington, DC.

Don't get me started with Oreos. They are moving the plant to Mexico.  :-[

That has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the fact that we have a global economy.

The trend are about to change.  Chinese economy make a great strides in the last 2 decade but their day of high growth are numbered.  China will never surpass US nor be anything like US.  Their people know this and they are fleet China like mad and send their money abroad first chance they get. 

China May Never Get Rich

Why China will never be as rich as America

The odds are against China ever becoming a rich nation by U.S., European, or Japanese standards. Since World War II, South Korea is the only large country to get rich for the first time. Once promising up-and-comers like Argentina and Thailand have fallen victim to the "middle-income trap," stuck in an economic halfway house between poverty and first-world wealth. China is a likely addition to that list

Irvinecommuter said:

That has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the fact that we have a global economy.

Really? Read this:http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/02/bills-china-legacy-could-become-hillarys-problem/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-white/bill-clintons-true-legacy_b_1852887.html

Even financial analyst jobs are now outsourced to Shanghai.  Financial analysts at the fraction of the costs, and can competently analyze U.S. stocks, etc.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to find a career that cannot be outsourced, that's all.

Irvinecommuter said:

Really? Read this:http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/02/bills-china-legacy-could-become-hillarys-problem/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-white/bill-clintons-true-legacy_b_1852887.html

Even financial analyst jobs are now outsourced to Shanghai.  Financial analysts at the fraction of the costs, and can competently analyze U.S. stocks, etc.

Anyway, the moral of the story is to find a career that cannot be outsourced, that's all.

That's not politics...that's capitalism.  The only jobs that can't be outsourced are service and construction and those can be replaced by robots

Back